💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Fan Passed Away at Eras Tour Rio

Future Lovers

Featured Posts

Future Lovers

1 fan passed away of cardiac arrest and multiple others were fainted due to heat exhaustion at Taylor Swift's Eras Tour show in Rio. Currently, Brazil is experiencing a massive heatwave. Despite this, the stadium didn't allow anyone to bring in water bottles, nor did they provide enough water bottles on site for fans to purchase. Twice during the show, Taylor tried to get fans water, though it's clear that it didn't happen, at least not in a significant way. Fans that were there are saying the venue seemed very underprepared for tonight both in regards to staffing to help with the crowds as well as to respond to the heat that was settling into the sold out stadium. 

EDIT: Some are saying the death is unverified though several sources are reporting on it. What is not up for question is the water and heat situation and many fans suffering heat exhaustion.

eras.jpg

Edit; Taylor released a statement

Edited by Future Lovers
  • Shook 4
  • Sad 33

Future Lovers

This is so horrible. If she from the stage was able to tell that there was a problem, then I'm sure that it was pretty bad. I truly don't understand why given the circumstances fans were banned from bringing water and especially why the stadium wasn't prepared with enough water for everyone to get one if they needed one. 

I'm very glad that she tried to do what she could to help the situation, but it seems from fans that were there that no matter what she did, the stadium was understaffed and ill equipped to respond to the amount of people that needed assistance. 

This news just broke so I'm sure her and her team are just now hearing about it so I would honestly not be shocked if tomorrow and Sunday's shows were cancelled and/or rescheduled. 

• Sad 3

• Future Lovers changed the title to Fan Reportedly Dies at Eras Tour Rio
27monster27

A similar thing happened at a Gothic Rock festival over the summer out near Vegas. It was a major heat wave and no one was allowed water. It bothers me so much that such a basic life necessity is not allowed for people at some shows.

he/him/his
  • Like 15

tyler k

wow this is so devastating honestly.... amazing that Taylor was trying to help them but absolutely insane that the stadium wasn't better equipped especially considering the heat wave? why would they not allow water bottles? 

mmmy name ~isn't~ aliceee
  • Like 3

LilyLark

This is horrible (if accurate), and I really hope deranged stans don't blame Taylor. This is on the stadium & the stadium's organization. As others said, something like this happened in Vegas a while back.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6

EGOT2027
8 minutes ago, MessyTop said:

OP: please post as rumor. Not confirmed death at the concert. 

local news stations there have confirmed the story sadly

Edited by EGOT2027

MessyTop
1 minute ago, EGOT2027 said:

local news stations there have confirmed the story

There’s nothing on mainstream websites about it. Literally just Reddit posts with rumors. Links please 

EGOT2027

it seems like the venue would rather put people in danger than pass up the opportunity to sell $8 tiny cups of water (that people deep in GA pits who have been out in the heat all day can’t even get to). that video of taylor demanding a bottle of water to throw into the crowd while singing all too well is horrifying. if she can see from the stage (while performing) that people need help, clearly the venue staff could. but god forbid they give out free water. i hope the venue is sued for every penny. 

there are also rumors online that they closed off the open air parts of the stadium with wooden slats to prevent people from hearing the concert from outside and gathering to listen. i really freaking hope that turns out not to be true

Edited by EGOT2027
  • Like 8
  • Shook 2
  • Sad 1

Amidana
5 minutes ago, EGOT2027 said:

it seems like the venue would rather put people in danger than pass up the opportunity to sell $8 tiny cups of water (that people deep in GA pits who have been out in the heat all day can’t even get to). that video of taylor demanding a bottle of water to throw into the crowd while singing all too well is horrifying. if she can see from the stage (while performing) that people need help, clearly the venue staff could. but god forbid they give out free water. i hope the venue is sued for every penny. 

there are also rumors online that they closed off the open air parts of the stadium with wooden slats to prevent people from hearing the concert from outside and gathering to listen. i really freaking hope that turns out not to be true

WOW. The things people/companies will do for $$$ 😔 

• Future Lovers changed the title to Fan Passed Away at Eras Tour Rio
RebeldeFaith

Wait. Both her and RBD are touring Brazil at the same time?! :udidnt: This time they were heard by their faves.

OT: I hope she can rest in peace. 😔

Something something idk
  • Shook 1