💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

YouTube unveils AI music experiments with Charli XCX, Charlie Puth, Troye Siva & more

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

YouTube announced new AI music experiments it has been developing with Google’s DeepMind artificial intelligence lab. The most interesting of YouTube’s AI tests is Dream Track in YouTube Shorts. Here’s how it works: A user types an idea into the creation prompt and selects a participating artist, then voilà — it produces an original song snippet up to 30 seconds in length featuring the AI-generated voice of that artist.

YouTube is working with nine artists who have agreed to collaborate on the Dream Track experiment: Alec Benjamin, Charlie Puth, Charli XCX, Demi Lovato, John Legend, Papoose, Sia, T-Pain and Troye Sivan.

“When I was first approached by YouTube I was cautious and still am, AI is going to transform the world and the music industry in ways we do not yet fully understand. This experiment will offer a small insight into the creative opportunities that could be possible and I’m interested to see what comes out of it” said Charli XCX

“The development of AI technology is rapidly changing the way we navigate the landscape, and I believe as artists we need to be a part of shaping what that future looks like,” Lovato said in a statement. “My career has been about pushing boundaries… and creating the most interesting music for my fans. I am open minded and hopeful that this experiment with Google and YouTube will be a positive and enlightening experience.”

Dream Track is powered by Lyria, Google DeepMind’s “most advanced music-generation model to date,” according to the video platform.

Here’s an example YouTube released of a “Charlie Puth” melodic phrase generated based on the prompt, “A ballad about how opposites attract, upbeat acoustic”:

source

Cockroach of GGD
  • Love 1
  • Shook 2
  • Sad 5

JgHaus78

Give me a black mirror fantasy AI pop star who can deliver to EVERY kind of fan. Different genres instantaneously, reinvention on a whim, collaborations with other artists and limitless visual capabilities. Tech and art are meeting in the middle morph mash up GIF by Kenaim

ALittleMonsta
2 minutes ago, JgHaus78 said:

Give me a black mirror fantasy AI pop star who can deliver to EVERY kind of fan. Different genres instantaneously, reinvention on a whim, collaborations with other artists and limitless visual capabilities. Tech and art are meeting in the middle morph mash up GIF by Kenaim

thats so ... boring :traumatica:

SHALLOW

So sad. And these "artists" should be ashamed for supporting this. Luckily i never liked them

Edited by SHALLOW
  • Shook 1

Give it a few years artists won’t even make music properly anymore :( I miss the old days when music had such passion in it, nowadays it just seems it’s to make money.