💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Dua Lipa Management: Very Ambitious For DL3. Wants To Change Pop Culture

RAMROD

Featured Posts

King of the Fall
34 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Critics aren't public opinion. I have seen nothing but "I expected better" about the song and the video, whether it's on social media or irl friends. Not you taking this way too seriously:fail:

This so called "public opinion" does not exist outside of certain places like stan twitter. Basically everyone on places like PopJustice loves the song, it is not just critics. Again. just because you have an opinion does not mean your thoughts are what the mainstream is saying.

Edited by 4th Street
He never sleeps. He says that he will never die. He dances in light and shadow and he is a great favorite
  • Like 3

IllusionLover
13 hours ago, Spartacus said:

Giving "I want to take enough time to make sure it's the reinvention of pop music. That's the ultimate goal, to reinvent pop music. So I'm planning on taking as much time as I need, but May sounds about right." - Kesha on her album Warrior

And that was her last pop album

13 | this is my dancefloor i fought for, your voice is louder, it echoes

Ladle Ghoulash
11 hours ago, gumzy3000 said:

I feel like Future Nostalgia was such a big step up for Dua that this album will be more tame and fun in comparison. I'm not expecting next level pop music because Houdini was just okay, nothing groundbreaking in my opinion.

Either way, she has proved herself to be the most interesting major artist in years and I'm sure her next project will gain her a lot more fans, but maybe not that cultural moment/acclaim her management wants. 

Interesting feels like a stretch lol

Ladle Ghoulash
7 hours ago, OMonster said:

How do you think it changed pop music?

Thank you for this. Stans really do just be saying things. 

• Like 1
  • LMAO 1

Guillaume Hamon
9 hours ago, InTheCloset said:

babes that strike ended days ago

Oh so it was the strike!!

I thought it was just studios being annoying...

Then there's hope! :firega:

Railing
12 hours ago, 4th Street said:

I don't think forming opinions on an album based on one single is ever very wise, especially when it comes to Dua Lipa.

Why does everyone talk about Dua like she's this albums artist and a force to be reckoned with :toofunny: she had exactly one big album, her debut comparatively was extremely generic and had people calling her lazy the entire era

• Sad 1

King of the Fall
15 minutes ago, Railing said:

Why does everyone talk about Dua like she's this albums artist and a force to be reckoned with :toofunny: she had exactly one big album, her debut comparatively was extremely generic and had people calling her lazy the entire era

Her debut did massive numbers, it was a smash success, even if it was not as critically acclaimed as Future Nostalgia. People act like Dua Lipa is a force to be reckoned with because she is, we are talking about the two most streamed albums on Spotify by a woman, what is your point exactly?

Edited by 4th Street
He never sleeps. He says that he will never die. He dances in light and shadow and he is a great favorite
  • Like 2

Railing
3 minutes ago, 4th Street said:

Her debut did massive numbers, it was a smash success, even if it was not as critically acclaimed as Future Nostalgia, what is your point exactly?

that the same people who talk about her like she's a visionary were making fun of her 2 eras ago :toofunny: having 1 decent-quality record to balance out a (widely agreed upon) bare-minimum or uninteresting one does not make her the albums artist and genius that people claim her to be!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

King of the Fall
6 minutes ago, Railing said:

that the same people who talk about her like she's a visionary were making fun of her 2 eras ago :toofunny: having 1 decent-quality record to balance out a (widely agreed upon) bare-minimum or uninteresting one does not make her the albums artist and genius that people claim her to be!

Who is saying she is a visionary or a genius? Terms like that are irrelevant and meaningless anyway. Future Nostalgia was a masterful pop album, highly impressive achievement so early into her career that turned her into a main pop girl and people are pumped for what she does next. Stop overthinking things

Judge Judy Eye Roll GIF

Edited by 4th Street
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, MonsterPaws said:

„during the Gdsank, Poland, stop of her Monster Ball tour” 

it is Gdańsk. Billboard should do better their job :lolga:

Edited by Rifek
❗️ IG: thebumblebee__ ❗️

gumzy3000
18 hours ago, InsomniaMonster69 said:

I don't wanna drag or hate on Dua but... where? 

She's serving bops - okay. But you can give her music to any girl whit a deeper tune and it would literally sound the same... far away from most interesting! And more far away from changing pop culture

I still appreciate some songs and I'm here for successful women in the music industry 

I was referring to how much she has improved in her career. Musically and visually, she slayed her second era and was successful in reaching new audiences and acclaim. We are witnessing the rise to her peak and I find that interesting. No other artist has managed to keep a similar momentum worldwide (maybe Taylor or Drake though).

trolly troll troll
  • Like 1

Versace

I’m sorry but Dua and FN are not as impactful to Pop culture as some may think. C’mon guys after pioneers like Madonna, Britney, Gaga, Rihanna, Katy with TD, Taylor with 1989…Dua’s pop music is just not in the same lane. FN was a cute album at best and Houdini sounds like any other dance floor record. This girl is not pushing the boundaries nor is she reshaping pop culture. I wish she was, as I love Pop music but the truth is she isn’t. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Versace said:

I’m sorry but Dua and FN are not as impactful to Pop culture as some may think. C’mon guys after pioneers like Madonna, Britney, Gaga, Rihanna, Katy with TD, Taylor with 1989…Dua’s pop music is just not in the same lane.

Future Nostalgia is very much in the same lane as Teenage Dream and 1989, if not much better. You are just more attached to those pre-2014 albums 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Versace said:

I’m sorry but Dua and FN are not as impactful to Pop culture as some may think. C’mon guys after pioneers like Madonna, Britney, Gaga, Rihanna, Katy with TD, Taylor with 1989…Dua’s pop music is just not in the same lane. FN was a cute album at best and Houdini sounds like any other dance floor record. This girl is not pushing the boundaries nor is she reshaping pop culture. I wish she was, as I love Pop music but the truth is she isn’t. 

I totally disagree. FN is up there with the best and it offered significantly to pop culture. Taylor Swift cannot be compared to Dua as the latter is infinitely better in every possible way.

Now Houdini is a magical record and the video is already iconic. Dua Lipa has come to conquer it all this time and you better be ready for it.