💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

question

Could Gaga debut with +1 million first week sales?

InTheCloset

Featured Posts

InTheCloset

Could Gaga debut with +1 million first week sales?

Can she still do that? Does she have that much power and influence?

Where's the spunk, Adam?
  • LMAO 1

bpmMonkey

I still believe she very much so could, if she/her team goes the old school flood the entire media with content route as pop girlies used to. Talkshows, social media takeovers, billboards, the thing where they sing in the streets of New York and some pseudo fan engagement on social media like Taylor does… will she ever do it? Doubt it. She kinda does so with her movie projects, but I think music holds a different, more vulnerable place in her heart where she really stopped focusing on the big big numbers 

Edited by bpmMonkey
  • Like 7

2 minutes ago, Sine From Above said:

No, nor does she need to. Like that say McDonald’s sells more than fine food, does that make it better? :classy:

When you said McDonalds I thought about that particular singer 

• Like 1
  • LMAO 3
  • Thanks 1

No.

Her streams are not strong enough, nor does she have a fan base strong enough to deliver great sales. Just remember the meltdowns over how low Stupid Love's physical sales were :rip: 

I would consider anything above 400k a big success for Gaga.

• Like 14
  • LMAO 1
  • Thanks 1

Yaaaas Gaga

Gaga is too alternative to achieve those kinds of numbers nowadays. The only way this would be even remotely possible would be for her to put out the most commercially friendly album possible, which I don't think any of us would want her to do. She is past her peak numbers now, but that's not to say that she isn't still very commercially and culturally impactful. I think she has moved very much into the "legend" status and has garnered a lot of respect over the years from the GP, and with her move into acting she has opened up whole new set of doors to achieve success. The new Joker film has every bit of potential to throw her right back into the limelight.

• Like 7
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 6

SharGaga

No she can't. Taylor Swift is the only person alive who can achieve this kind of feat. I honestly don't care about opening numbers for Gaga at this point. In six months it's gonna be 4 years since her last studio album. I've been positive and optimistic that this extended break from interacting with fans means she's focusing on her personal life which will hopefully inspire some great music. Great music will give it longevity on the charts and that's best case scenario for us Liddos. I feel like Gaga hasnt been her best musically since BTW. We've gone from BTS drama during ARTPOP, Joanne's futile effort to Bloodpop getting her off a porch smoking 80 cigs a day to make Chromatica. She needs a great team like she did on ASIB to make the next album. If not I hope she's got her passion back for music and can still deliver a great album with whomever she decides to work with. BURNS is a good sign but BloodPop needs to go. Please Gaga don't **** this up. 

Edited by SharGaga
  • Like 3
  • LMAO 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Edonis

She would need to have an extremely aggressive album campaign prior to its release to pull those numbers. Playlisting, radio deals, performances, media tie-ins, and well, public interest in her personal life for the average person to want to listen. Just "letting the music speak for itself" does not work on its own. 

Spartacus

Maybe if she deliberately writes safe PG vanilla kidzbop lyrics that appeal to everyone from age 5 to 85, panders to the black and gay communities and releases (literally) 15 different covers or editions of the album.

-𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐌𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐌𝐀™

Cello

i actually think she could if she wanted to and did all the right promo for it. she did it before with BTW

do i need to understand a pineapple to eat a banana
  • Like 2

Spartacus

This is how it's done folks.

Taylor-Swift-Midnights.png

F5-Ztuy-LWg-AAZYJy.jpg

11 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

Maybe if she deliberately writes safe PG vanilla kidzbop lyrics that appeal to everyone from age 5 to 85, panders to the black and gay communities and releases (literally) 15 different covers or editions of the album.

-𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐌𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐌𝐀™
  • LMAO 3
  • Sad 1

plane jane
4 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

This is how it's done folks.

Taylor-Swift-Midnights.png

F5-Ztuy-LWg-AAZYJy.jpg

even if Gaga releases all those version Little Flopsters won't buy a half of it lol. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4