Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
life

Paste Magazine's greatest debut albums

InTheCloset

Featured Posts

Billie had pretty popular EP before that and was known. SOUR is good but not THAT good and Olivia was famous before too. Gaga came out of nowhere with fresh ideas, risky and different sounding songs and the whole persona. Of course The Fame should be higher.

and where's Born to Die?

Edited by Simon
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 5

TEETHTEETH
1 hour ago, Simon said:

and where's Born to Die?

I asked the same thing on a similar Reddit thread. Apparently not counted because of her AKA album, even though it was essentially deleted and under a different name. 

• Shook 1

Chromatography

i know we are not calling taylor’s debut one of the greatest. also is the oldest on this list from like 2008? lol

• Thanks 1

Controversiaga

I haven’t heard of half these albums 

Pronounced like “Balenciaga” . Emphasis on the “Ga”

ElectricChapelR

Another top made to generate controversy like that one with The Best 200 Vocalists of all Time where Celine Dion was nowhere to be found?

Uh Huh Yes GIF

Agunimon

I did some digging. Here is the article with the full list. The list in the tweet was hand picked by the Buzzing Pop to include relevant albums in their tweet:

https://www.pastemagazine.com/music/debut-albums/100-greatest-debut-albums-of-all-time-2

I think the position of an album matters a lot less when you compile 100 albums from every debut ever and order them and would not think much where an album is placed.

Edited by Agunimon
  • Like 2

RAMROD

Well, I guess I can see their points.

Billie's debut is really huge,

And Grammys wise, I believe can only be competed by Songs In A Minor, Dangerously In Love, Miseducation of Lauryn Hill & Come Away With Me :oprah:

IMG-6482.jpg

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ WUMBOLOGY! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡