opinion

So at the end of the day, Gaga didn't say anything about ARTPOP's anniversary...

Donatellah

Featured Posts

On 11/12/2023 at 5:40 AM, River said:

act 2 was not even announced, it was just a idea that she shared with fans and that's it..

CBT was blocked by the strike, it is still happening.

Exactly this. From my understanding, act 2 doesn’t exist and never existed beyond a “hey, maybe we have this idea of throwing the rejected, not as good B sides into another album and call it act 2 for fun”; the idea that act 2 exists as a literal album is a myth, and DJWS even said something along the lines of it literally not existing that way; it was an idea. I’m gonna guess that most if not all of those songs weren’t even finished to the quality she wanted/expects for releases, since they likely were rejects and never finished to begin with, and act 2 could have been a way to revisit them, IF the album and era were actually successful in the eyes of her management. I really blame DJWS for all this hype, for talking about it in recent years as if he’s trying to manifest it into a new project/get asked to ACTUALLY work on it. 

Also, the way people talk about ARTPOP as if it’s the most important album of the decade doesn’t really help the high expectations. It might be one of Gaga’s best, but the reality is, the general public that listens to standard pop music doesn’t know it exists and didn’t impact them the way it impacted more hard core Gaga fans. Sure it’s under appreciated, but definitely not a masterpiece and I’d say overrated within the fandom.

Although I’ll admit, even a small blurb on instagram/stories about it would have been nice/easy. But I certainly didn’t expect it, and it seems like she wants to move on, or is too busy with things she finds more important. Fans pretty much bullied her into making a statement on the Chromatica Ball film lol. It exists, but some fans can’t be content with her overall quietness these days, which doesn’t mean she isn’t thinking about these things.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

TheSine
1 hour ago, Delulu Rogers said:

It's a big deal in the sense that ads keep getting shoved in our faces by the person who was so anti all of that. Naturally, if fans are here to be entertained, they'll turn away if they're not being entertained. That's all it comes down to. 

And to touch on the music comment, it's great that she's doing jazz. When people say she doesn't care about music it's in reference to how the gaps between her own albums gets longer and longer but the content gets less and less. 

That makes much more sense when you put it like that, but I still don't get it. (Not being sarcastic in anyway.) Maybe it's just different strokes, different folks. 

"👁 Hate U" 💜🩷🩵

On 11/13/2023 at 3:44 AM, pussycat said:

She never signed anything where she owes us new material/ a melodramatic message/ whatever on the anniversary date. This is not a marriage or a special holiday

On 11/13/2023 at 5:51 AM, Moonlight on Water said:

But she doesn't owe you anything? This is her life, you guys don't even personally know her.

True but between her and the fans there is a relationship of some kind, that she worked on growing

But it's 100 percent her choice how to run her career so :oops:

• Like 1

Naak Le Vaar

I think my issue is Gaga doesn't let us know anymore. I get she's in a different stage in her life, she's not the 2008-2013 Gaga we once knew. That's fine. But she doesn't communicate. I know she has a right to privacy and a lot of her fanbase is entitled, but it feels like that gotye song, somebody that I used to know. Of course I don't know her personally I get it's a parasocial thing, I'll forever be grateful for what she's done and will always champion her right to be happy, but I feel like she only posts when she needs to sell us things. I get it, touch grass or stan someone else, I do, but it's disappointing as fan that this is her trajectory. Like a tweet here or there that lets us know what's going on in her life is what I'd want and even that's asking too much all of a sudden

Lmao they blocked my signature