đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

throwback

Ten Years Since Troy Carter Abandoned Lady Gaga

27monster27

Featured Posts

27monster27

https://youtu.be/vAVgwA9Gx1A?si=Dnuyhu7NyBlsx-ZC

Lady Gaga gave a very tearful rendition of "Dope" on November 3rd 2013 at the YouTube Music Awards. At the time it was assumed that it was just a sad song for her, but in reality it was because Troy left her. He told all media that she left him over creative differences, but it wouldn't be until a late 2014 interview that Lady Gaga revealed that the opposite happened.

This opened a rabbit hole for fans in which it was found out that Troy Carter had allegedly done multiple bad things in his time as her manager and even after. From accusations of sabatoging her 2012 Grammy nominations to even making it harder to access her music on Spotify in 2018 when he got a major role in the platform, many realized that the split was for the better. Lady Gaga has since recovered her success without him at the helm.

----

If you ever see this Troy, know that we have not forgotten your horrible actions and never will. You (along with others on her team) caused her so much hate in 2013-2014. From interviews it would not surprise me one bit if you had allegedly created multiple workman's comp violations in your time as her manager. She became very successful once more without you. Remember that.

he/him/his
  • Like 22
  • Love 2
  • Sad 1

Rat Boy

He abandoned her for Meghan Trainor. :bradley: :flippy:

Edited by Rat Boy
"I am a Walmart version of Rat Boy!” - River
  • LMAO 27

His crime was to overwork Gaga even when she was sick, had her hip never torn, maybe he would still be her manager

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.
  • Love 1
  • Sad 6

AnglerfishbraBENUS

i forgot about the spotify thing - but i’ll never forgive him for sabotaging born this way’s nominations 

1 hour ago, Red said:

His crime was to overwork Gaga even when she was sick, had her hip never torn, maybe he would still be her manager

He must be sent to prison :iamfair:

Cello

He made a huge mistake treating her like sh*t and I hope he regrets it

do i need to understand a pineapple to eat a banana

It’s crazy to think of how much she was actually overworked in the beginning of her career. She was on tour for more or less the first 5 years of her career, The Fame Ball ended then within months TMBT started all while promoting and making music videos, press and making new music. Then the huge promo for BTW while still on tour then within a couple of months she was back on the road while making a new album, it took her injury for her to stop and slow down. It’s not wonder she was exhausted and burnt out, I think when she first started she loved the music and her art but quickly saw the ugly side with all the people who were taking advantage. Thank god she had better people around her now. 

RebeldeFaith
1 hour ago, Cello said:

He made a huge mistake treating her like sh*t and I hope he regrets it

I'm sure he was burning inside when she won her Oscar in 2019 for Shallow and was nominated for best actress. :iamfair:

Something something idk
  • YAAAS 1

27monster27
18 hours ago, killme89 said:

Can someone explain the Spotify thing and the Grammies thing y o me ? First time I hear about it. 

He did odd Grammy submissions for 2012. You & I was put it over The Edge of Glory. Judas was put in for dance categories but that category got way stricter for pop stars last minute so that really couldn't have been controlled. It's alleged that he did weird nominations for her on purpose because he was mad that the Born This Way era was not as big as he had hoped.

Spotify had to do with him allegedly sabotaging Lady Gaga's music on the platform. When he got an executive position in 2017/2018 her music became very difficult to find. Actual tracks were buried beneath other artists and remixes when you would search for them. I remember experiencing this myself.

Edited by 27monster27
he/him/his
  • Shook 3
  • Sad 2

Joshie S

Perfect Illusion is about this very moment. 

He overworked he to the point that she literally broke in 2. Then he left her. It wasn't love, it was a perfect illusion.

The melody that you choose can rescue you ♥
  • Like 2
  • Shook 1