💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Unpopular opinion: Chromatica

Blackout19

Featured Posts

LG7 time now

@Anderson123 I appreciate the effort. She was really down and still gave us something personnal, and I love the overall concept. I would like to thank her just for that. :holdmyhand:

I guess it was just not for me? I would’ve chosen louder drums and synths in the mix (Break My Soul is heavier than Chromatica imo, even though it’s the same vibe) and I would’ve chosen different chords for the instrumental, but that’s just my taste. For example I like Enigma, but that piano in the chorus sounds off to me, like it’s playing the wrong notes? Or 1000 Doves, I really don’t like the dance version and its chords, but the piano version is amazing. Or Free Woman. I thought the album version quite didn’t elevate the song at all, whereas the chords they used in the Robots With Rayguns remix made the song sound more impactful and emotional, and once again I’m not speaking about the kind of music, but rather what they played with those instruments. 

I also have mixed feelings about the lyrics. Some of them are so great but then some of them sound a bit cheesy to me? :shrug:She says “I can see it in your face, you don’t think I’ve pulled my weight”, and it’s beautiful and great and I wanna hug her:saira: but then suddenly she goes “you love the paparazzi, love the fame, even though you know it causes me pain” and I’m like :bear: it’s always hot and then mega cold. I’d give it a 4/10 tbh.

Edited by The Z
  • Like 2
  • Love 2

There are some strong moments lyrically, but never a complete song. Some songs have strong verses, some of strong chorus, some have strong bridges, but nothing has it all. 

The production is embarassing for an A list artist. The Babylong remix and maybe Alice and 911 are the only producttions worthy of her status 

Vocals are great.

Videos were cheap and unimaginative aside from 911

I dunno if it was Gaga going through the motions or she was afraid of flopping by doing dance but it's very safe and mid.

Edited by Mr S
  • Like 2

GovernmentHookah
6 hours ago, Julien Lockhart said:

- It's almost her best album and without the Covid, it would have been one of Era's best

- Sure, the production doesn't sound deep, but it was enough me thinks

- Alice is one of her best songs of her career, along with Replay

- It was time she stopped hiding and told the truth about what she was going through, even if it wasn't easy. I was really looking forward to an album where she faced up to her problems

- For someone who deals with anxiety and has experienced depression, this album does a monumental amount of good, especially Alice, who speaks the truth

- To me the album was made for her and not for us, the first point was to healed her and then maybe healed other people with the release 

This this this this! :pawsup:

• Love 1

Ladle Ghoulash
23 hours ago, Anderson123 said:

I don't understand what fans mean when they say this. It's one of her best produced albums.

The production’s very clean and it’s very well engineered, I just think the album could’ve afforded to hit a bit harder.

• Like 3

Ladle Ghoulash
22 minutes ago, Mr S said:

There are some strong moments lyrically, but never a complete song. Some songs have strong verses, some of strong chorus, some have strong bridges, but nothing has it all. 

The production is embarassing for an A list artist. The Babylong remix and maybe Alice and 911 are the only producttions worthy of her status 

Vocals are great.

Videos were cheap and unimaginative aside from 911

I dunno if it was Gaga going through the motions or she was afraid of flopping by doing dance but it's very safe and mid.

Idk how you could say the ROM video was cheap. 

23 minutes ago, The Z said:

@Anderson123 I appreciate the effort. She was really down and still gave us something personnal, and I love the overall concept. I would like to thank her just for that. :holdmyhand:

I guess it was just not for me? I would’ve chosen louder drums and synths in the mix (Break My Soul is heavier than Chromatica imo, even though it’s the same vibe) and I would’ve chosen different chords for the instrumental, but that’s just my taste. For example I like Enigma, but that piano in the chorus sounds off to me, like it’s playing the wrong notes? Or 1000 Doves, I really don’t like the dance version and its chords, but the piano version is amazing. Or Free Woman. I thought the album version quite didn’t elevate the song at all, whereas the chords they used in the Robots With Rayguns remix made the song sound more impactful and emotional, and once again I’m not speaking about the kind of music, but rather what they played with those instruments. 

I also have mixed feelings about the lyrics. Some of them are so great but then some of them sound a bit cheesy to me? :shrug:She says “I can see it in your face, you don’t think I’ve pulled my weight”, and it’s beautiful and great and I wanna hug her:saira: but then suddenly she goes “you love the paparazzi, love the fame, even though you know it causes me pain” and I’m like :bear: it’s always hot and then mega cold. I’d give it a 4/10 tbh.

Idk, I think she was purposefully creating tension on the chorus of Enigma by using suspended chords and, imo, it really highlights the passion and grit in the vocal. 

Ocean Blvd
On 11/3/2023 at 5:58 PM, LG6IsHere said:

totally agree its her best album. i think its lowkey insulting when people reduce house music to "cheap" it's just pretty musically un-intelligent

Beyonce made house music and it doesn’t sound cheap, there’s difference between genre choice and production😭

Edited by Ocean Blvd
  • Like 1
  • Shook 1
  • Thanks 1

Nathaniel Arven

I think it's a great album, that takes house music in it's own place.

thanks also to bloodpop that gives the modern twist nowadays in gaga's projects. 

CharlieQuinn

Didn't ARTPOP got a lot of hate and negative criticism too? Maybe y'all will love Traumatica in 10 years.

Chromatica is not appreciated enough. Unpopular opinion.

Gagaplayer315

It had the best visuals since BTW

Love me right deserved Fun Tonight’s spot in the track list 

• Love 1

Anderson123
2 hours ago, The Z said:

Thank you for taking the time to explain a bit more how you feel about it. I understand your point of view now! I can see why you feel that way about it. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

King of the Fall
6 hours ago, GAGASEXUAL said:

- Elton John ruined Sine From Above

Is this even unpopular? Elton's voice sounded so ****ing processed on the track it totally ruined what could have been something great. The irony of Elton spending years dragging Madonna for doing dance music only to try the same thing himself and sucking pretty badly at it, Elton is a legend but he has always struck me as a sellout.

He never sleeps. He says that he will never die. He dances in light and shadow and he is a great favorite
  • Thanks 1

skedaddleBItCh
2 hours ago, Ocean Blvd said:

Beyonce made house music and it doesn’t sound cheap, there’s difference between genre choice and production😭

But Chromatica doesn't sound ****ing cheap come on now:triggered:

🇵🇭༼;´༎ຶ ۝ ༎ຶ༽🇵🇭
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Blackout19
1 minute ago, skedaddleBItCh said:

This :holdmyhand:

Marilyn Monroe is my best friend.

Anderson123
23 minutes ago, 4th Street said:

Is this even unpopular? Elton's voice sounded so ****ing processed on the track it totally ruined what could have been something great. The irony of Elton spending years dragging Madonna for doing dance music only to try the same thing himself and sucking pretty badly at it, Elton is a legend but he has always struck me as a sellout.

To be fair, Axwell brought Sine to Gaga and Bloodpop and they worked on it. Elton didn't even hear what they did with it or the final product til the album was released. I think he explained this in one of those Zane interviews.

Ocean Blvd
30 minutes ago, skedaddleBItCh said:

Clean your ears