💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

opinion

Chromatica Ball Film announcement at Apple Event

Controversiaga

Featured Posts

Leoj305
17 minutes ago, Papergangstuh said:

"according to SAG-AFTRA chief negotiator Duncan Crabtree-Ireland, who says that artists are expected to avoid promoting music created for film, TV and streaming under the old contract during the strike. They also cannot enter into any new music licensing agreements or approve any new tracks for film or TV projects and must cease promoting songs already licensed"

https://www.billboard.com/music/music-news/hollywood-writers-actors-strike-music-impact-1235400448/

So technically she better not ever sing shallow or AWRUTW or anything from a movie then because it would be considered as promo? She has a jazz show today let’s see if she sings anything from ASIB lol. 

• Shook 2

InTheCloset
Just now, Tinnitus15 said:

I know about their collab. Didn’t know he’s gay. I know I Stan the right company then. 

He is and might i suggest you look into his boyfriend. HOTT HOTT HOTTTT.

He donated $20million during covid for that covid relief thing gaga did and raised over $150 million.

Where's the spunk, Adam?
  • YAAAS 2

Quentin
15 minutes ago, Controversiaga said:

Yeah gurl he’s gaaaay been gayyy. And Gaga had a deal w apple during chromatica era

13 minutes ago, Tinnitus15 said:

I know about their collab. Didn’t know he’s gay. I know I Stan the right company then. 

He even once said in press "I'm proud to be gay"

9 minutes ago, InTheCloset said:

that covid relief thing gaga did

:stalkga:

Spoiler

The disrespect

Spoiler

jk

Edited by Quentin
Follow every rainbow till you find your dream
  • LMAO 1

Ladle Ghoulash
59 minutes ago, Controversiaga said:

Taylor’s releasing hers :shrug:

And many tour films cut out songs to make the film shorter 

We’re not cutting HMH, ARUTW, or Shallow, sis.

• YAAAS 1

Ladle Ghoulash

If it’s at all possible, Gaga should just release it independently at this point. 

• YAAAS 1

Ladle Ghoulash
39 minutes ago, Future Lovers said:

It does fall under strike rules. Because the songs were written for a film, they fall under the strike as promotion. If a song is just used in a film but not written for the film then it doesn't. 

This is why the film should've long been out I'm telling you. 

But how is it promo if those movies have already been out for years? 

• Shook 1

Battle 4 Ur Life

honestly I just hope it’s not going to be released on movie theaters because after The Eras Tour the comparisons and the cries of flop will be inevitable. it will be brutal. the demand just isn’t there.

I seriously would love it to be an exclusive but I’m hoping for either HBO or Amazon instead. Apple + is meh.

edit: but OF COURSE, if it’s on Apple + you won’t hear me complaining, obvious

Edited by Battle 4 Ur Life
“Stupid Love aged like Macallan tho”
  • Thanks 1

A Very Gaga Holida
26 minutes ago, Leoj305 said:

So technically she better not ever sing shallow or AWRUTW or anything from a movie then because it would be considered as promo? She has a jazz show today let’s see if she sings anything from ASIB lol. 

She never sang any ASIB song during a jazz show:messga:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Mister G
32 minutes ago, Leoj305 said:

That's where I'm struggling to follow this portion because Shallow, Always Remember Us This Way, and Hold My Hand were for films released ages ago so there's nothing there to promote and the awards seasons for A Star is Born and Top Gun: Maverick have well passed. I mean I'm sure the film was slotted to come out on one of the streaming services, but it'll likely be shelved until after the strike is over. The issue then becomes demand because it will have been well over a year since the tour ended. I think most of us would be okay if it just got released on Blue Ray/DVD like The Monster Ball was back in 2011.

Future Lovers
58 minutes ago, TimotheeChalamet said:

Yes but it's the Chromatica Ball, not a trailer for promoting those movies. I've never heard of this being a violation, I think people are just trying to find an excuse for the silence with what they have lol

It is indeed a violation. Trust me I’m team they should’ve had this out a long time ago, but music written for a film is considered promotion for the film regardless of whether she mentions the film or not. That is per the strike leader. 

• Shook 1

That would be awkward :awkney: "here is the new Apple Watch! And the new iPad! (by the way stream Lady Gaga on TV+) And the new iPhone!!! 

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.
  • LMAO 1
  • Thanks 1

Future Lovers
3 minutes ago, Mister G said:

That's where I'm struggling to follow this portion because Shallow, Always Remember Us This Way, and Hold My Hand were for films released ages ago so there's nothing there to promote and the awards seasons for A Star is Born and Top Gun: Maverick have well passed. I mean I'm sure the film was slotted to come out on one of the streaming services, but it'll likely be shelved until after the strike is over. The issue then becomes demand because it will have been well over a year since the tour ended. I think most of us would be okay if it just got released on Blue Ray/DVD like The Monster Ball was back in 2011.

It doesn’t matter if the film is yet to be released or released decades ago. All studio made films from struck studios are struck work. Promotion in this case could lead to streaming the film or renting it. You are not allowed to reference or promote struck work from any year in any capacity. 

• Like 1

Mister G
1 minute ago, Future Lovers said:

It doesn’t matter if the film is yet to be released or released decades ago. All studio made films from struck studios are struck work. Promotion in this case could lead to streaming the film or renting it. You are not allowed to reference or promote struck work from any year in any capacity. 

Ahh okay thank you clarifying. That makes sense because hearing those three tracks could persuade someone to buy the soundtracks and be viewed as promotion to boost sales and attention to those projects.

Edited by Mister G
  • Like 1

Future Lovers
41 minutes ago, Leoj305 said:

That is correct, at least until the strike is over. If she does, she'd be scabbing and SAG-AFTRA would reserve the right to revoke her membership which would bar her from being allowed to be in any films made by SAG-AFTRA affiliated studios. 

• Shook 2

Controversiaga
9 minutes ago, Future Lovers said:

That is correct, at least until the strike is over. If she does, she'd be scabbing and SAG-AFTRA would reserve the right to revoke her membership which would bar her from being allowed to be in any films made by SAG-AFTRA affiliated studios. 

Insane.  I’m so ignorant regarding the strike.  I don’t mean to derail this thread either but I don’t even understand why there is a strike and why it has gone on for so long and what is it gonna take to be finished LOL

Pronounced like “Balenciaga” . Emphasis on the “Ga”

• River locked this topic