opinion

Gaga’s transformations still fascinate me today

Bowman

Featured Posts

Bowman

13 years on of being a fan, I still find myself being wowed by Gaga looking so different all the time. I used to collect 3 or 4 different photos of her when I was a kid and compare them side by side. I’d try to imagine how she would look in say the BTW video but wearing her Poker Face outfit instead and I couldn’t work it out :saladga: not only this, but because she’s always performing constantly it was amazing how her personalities change in conjunction with her outfits.. I find it so mind blowing :duck:

MV5BMmYwMjFkOTEtZWEyMC00NzU4LTkxZWEtMGUwOTZkOGI2YmZiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzU1NTkxOTk@._V1_.jpg

b458eaa8cf4a847e6c175f899502dbb8.png

bbLc-H4LZsGO8-WjNtPE6GTO5YJoMucSPlzC3oHPANS948X9wRgSDfB65ufpk1l0rTyXUPPM0shS7cU=w544-h544-p-l90-rj

MV5BMTg1NjQwMzU4MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNTk5NjQ4NjE@._V1_.jpgShutterstock_5074065ai.jpg

how is this the same person please!!!

𝕯𝕵, 𝖋𝖗𝖊𝖊 𝖒𝖞 𝖒𝖎𝖓𝖉

I used to collect specific screenshots from her music videos, i was just so fascinated with her imagery. Truly a chameleon, until today. She sticks to a theme, she knows how to dress for an occasion, she is a trusted celebrity to wear branded clothing, she knows how to slay each look.

I cant wait for her next music and film eras. 

BornAsUnic0rn
17 minutes ago, julz said:

I cant wait for her next music and film eras. 

Same, and I feel like she still has so much more to shape shift into.

"When people think that they know what Lady Gaga is, I want to remind them that they don't", is the one quote I hold her accountable to. 

I've only been on board the Gaga train since ASIB. Her voice was what drew me in first, but as soon as I started digging, the chameleon quality was absolutely striking. In a sense, anyone could do it. All you need is make-up, wigs, clothes and heels. But to actually do it, to turn your very self into an artpiece, it takes a lot of commitment and a lot of courage.

The contrast between The Fame and The Fame Monster, barely a year apart, still wows me to this day. The way she looked, dressed, spoke, sung..two entirely different people. 

December 2008 to December 2009.

lady-gaga-poses-backstage-at-the-y-100-j

tumblr_pkgs49Bago1xm3be3o1_1280.jpg

AnglerfishbraBENUS
3 hours ago, SS77 said:

The contrast between The Fame and The Fame Monster, barely a year apart, still wows me to this day. The way she looked, dressed, spoke, sung..two entirely different people. 

it is pretty crazy lol

Ziggy
3 hours ago, SS77 said:

Honestly what I consider to be her biggest transformation tbh. She changed ENORMOUSLY in that year

Stephen
3 hours ago, SS77 said:

I think she was doing everything as a character in those early Fame days like a combination of performance art and maybe a coping mechanism for nerves. The way she had her dancers  pose behind her in certain interviews or events, everything was performance. And I think as she toured and got more comfortable she started feeling confident enough to drop the pretense and be more vulnerable with her audience, just as her music got more vulnerable.  I remember she said that after she performed with Elton at the Grammys she started to relax and be more herself.

monstertoronto

Gaga truly had incredibly diverse and distinct eras! If she ever did an Eras tour it would be mindblowing.  

Smother Em Eh

THIS! :triggered::pawsup::holdmyhand:

Yep, same and I have made a few threads here on this very topic. She always is transforming and is quite the shapeshifter. Girl, LITERALLY NEVER looks the same twice. Every era is a new persona, look, and one that appears to also sound and act different too. Gaga is the ultimate shape shifter. She’s truly limitless and will never seize to amaze how she is always such a Chameleon. It’s hard to comprehend that each era is done by the same person. 

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

Smother Em Eh
7 hours ago, SS77 said:

Same! 
The DRASTIC shift between the first 2 eras was and still is mind blowing. Prior to that, I don’t think the world has EVER seen anything like it. While still fascinated and mind blown, I still don’t understand it. 

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

TimotheeChalamet
On 8/28/2023 at 10:33 PM, MOT said:

In a sense, anyone could do it. All you need is make-up, wigs, clothes and heels. But to actually do it, to turn your very self into an artpiece, it takes a lot of commitment and a lot of courage.

To me, the thing that separates Gaga from others is how ****ing credible she is everytime she transforms. It's unreal. 

Archived