Grimes thinks that art shouldn't be owned by anyone

Teletubby

Featured Posts

holy scheisse

Can’t stand her. But love ha music 

Oprah Winfrey Concert GIF by CBS

glad it belongs to me:traumatica:

Roughhouse Dandy

You can't both want copyright gone and still want to be paid for art that involves you without sounding like a deeply unserious person. 

Do I think copyright laws are invasive and could be relaxed a little? Absolutely. But to want them all to go away in a late stage capitalist society is frankly toddler-brained. 

This is my Hannah Montana™️ lipgloss.

NATAH

pretty sure she would care if somebody sampled her without credit or just reuploaded one of her songs on itunes

mother, what must i do?

InsomniaMonster69
12 hours ago, Space Cowboy said:

That's silly. In no way did I imply that, sorry that was your automatic thought.

Its not silly... it's exactly what Grimes said. Maybe I misunderstood you. Then how did you mean your statement?

Debithius
14 hours ago, TwistedTeeth said:

"...art shouldn't be owned by anyone, not even the creator."

"—as long as she gets 50 per cent of the royalties."

Now hold on now.

532d475e03ee76273cbaf407d9c447b68bdb7b92

I reacted to that too. Like, what the **** is she talking about :huntyga:

Esteban
14 hours ago, Space Cowboy said:

Well in a sense she is kinda correct, once the artist delivers the product to the world, it no longer belongs to them really but to the public in a way.

Roland Barthes - La mort de l'auteur ;)

Bowman

Okay claire!  :sure:

Chromatica and it’s completely different but also still chromatica

hieronymus
17 hours ago, Space Cowboy said:

Well in a sense she is kinda correct, once the artist delivers the product to the world, it no longer belongs to them really but to the public in a way.

conceptually, sure, but not in the way she's talking about. she's talking about copyright... while also demanding royalties, so her point is completely moot.

16 hours ago, Oriane said:

Wasn't she into that NFT sh*t?

very much, yes. she was gushing about the blockchain being the future of sharing art for months before nft's started getting popular.

slightly off topic, does anyone remember when seth green decided to try to make an animated series about the bored ape nft's that he bought? he ended up getting scammed hardcore and sent the "ownership" certificate/license of them to someone. then he paid $300,000 to get one (1) back... and the series never got picked up.

Sneaky Oliver

Is Elf.Tech an app or something? I haven’t seen anyone mentioning it anywhere. It sounds like a cool idea to create your own music for fun, I think that’s definitely something Gaga wanted for ARTPOP app 

That being said, I think Grimes should take herself a little more seriously. Most of the hate she gets is unjustified imo, but statements like this one is just plain stupid. She has a bunch of good ideas but she expresses them very poorly  

In the land of gods and monsters, I was an angel living in the Garden Of Eden

Archived