💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Unpopular opinion: Chromatica (2023)

Blackout19

Featured Posts

TimotheeChalamet
On 6/2/2023 at 8:47 AM, ALGAYDO said:

At one of The Chromatica Ball dates, she said she wanted to do an album full of ballads (during 1000 Doves piano segment) but that her friends convinced her to make a dance album instead 

Didn't she just say she wanted 1000 Doves to be acoustic and her friends convinced to turn it into a dance song? Not a whole record full of ballads

Edited by TimotheeChalamet
  • Like 1

Modern Ecstasy2
On 6/1/2023 at 11:09 AM, nightadieu said:

It’s genuinely the album I connected with the least but I’m so happy so many of you love and appreciate it :traumatica:

Same

“Delete this thread that person is not Gaga he is a hot blonde twink”

doraemon

Stupid Love and Rain on Me is the soundtrack for Doraemon the Movie: Nobita's New Dinosaur (also released in 2020)

Ziggy

It’s probably her most solid album (and thus “best” to a lot of critics), but it also doesn’t really take any risks that make it, to me, particularly memorable. I like it a lot! It’s solid and fun but when you look at TF, TFM, Btw, AP, even Joanne. There were risks across the board. Chromatica feels a little safe. That’s not necessarily bad but, for instance, I miss Gaga’s very dense productions bc they felt distinctive. Idk if it’s controversial to say it takes no risks but there ya go lol

ill also say that Rain on Me is just not a very good song Lmao I still hear people sing along to it and it just sounds kinda clunky and forced, to me. It’s got dec production, but it’s just one of those songs we were told is a hit imo even though it’s just fine. Chromatica has better and Gaga has better.

• Thanks 3

Ziggy
On 6/2/2023 at 7:33 AM, TEANUS said:

- Alice is one of my fav Gaga songs of ALL time. Give me that candy-for-the-ear sci-fi house sound that I LOVE :enigma:

- SL was an obvious choice for lead and they were smart to stick to their guns with the single choice, something her team had never done before. If it hadn’t dropped as we locked down it wouldn’t have fallen off so quickly 

- I fail to believe the theory that BloodPop essentially drove the car in terms of production choices. I just don’t see Gaga in any stage of her career not being happy with the sound of one of her studio albums or she simply won’t release

- While we are certainly rabid, she’s lucky that she has such a strong and ‘ready for twists’ fanbase because a lot of others would’ve CRUMBLED with the way that the era was abandoned. The BLM and COVID activism she took part in was super admirable and important and no one does philanthropy like Gaga. Howweeevvverrr, I think she took the circumstances as a way out to avoid the promotion, etc. that they had originally planned throughout 2019 and then re-planned in April/May 2020. There was zero reason the era couldn’t have resumed in full swing in July. I’m sure she thought it might be insensitive but literally everyone else had already resumed normal programming and no one batted an eye

Tbh I assumed it was that budget was spent already or something

Ziggy
On 6/2/2023 at 5:22 AM, Pineapple said:

- 911’s music video is overrated. It spends too much time trying to deliver the shock factor at end and deliberately trying to be clever. The setting is boring for Gaga standards and could have been much more aligned to the quirkiness of the song (e.g. a grungy, slimy alien factory like the cover art hints at or like ROM).

- 1000 Doves has Eurovision energy and should have been given more of a chance.

- Gaga needs to make an album based on ‘Love Me Right’. It doesn’t fit on Chromatica but I’d love to see a mature, vocally rich album set to a smooth instrumentals like that.

- Elton was a nice idea but poorly executed. His vocals don’t go with a song like Sine.

-911 was pretentious without much a point? tbh *but I appreciate that she did concept again. It felt a little uneven and I get the thread it was just a little bit too much a reach and she needed more references synthesized so it wasn’t just pomegranate retread then the WB lot. 911 should have gone telephone camp. Bring Jónas in.

-1000 Doves is a thoroughly fine song imo *but I agree with you on its quality and it would have gone further if they’d tried *plus it showed the album themes really well

-yes.

-tbh I think it was just that Elton plainly didn’t care for the song but did it as a favor to Gaga, hence the Skype recorded vocals lmao a younger gaga would have flown to Australia to hash that song out with him in person and I think that their chemistry was missing which resulted in his lack of effort lol

Ladle Ghoulash
On 6/2/2023 at 6:22 AM, Pineapple said:

- The pink strips above her Gaga’s eyes seen in stupid love and on promotional material look cheap, off-centre and poorly stuck on. 

- 911’s music video is overrated. It spends too much time trying to deliver the shock factor at end and deliberately trying to be clever. The setting is boring for Gaga standards and could have been much more aligned to the quirkiness of the song (e.g. a grungy, slimy alien factory like the cover art hints at or like ROM).

- 1000 Doves has Eurovision energy and should have been given more of a chance.

- Gaga needs to make an album based on ‘Love Me Right’. It doesn’t fit on Chromatica but I’d love to see a mature, vocally rich album set to a smooth instrumentals like that.

- Elton was a nice idea but poorly executed. His vocals don’t go with a song like Sine.  

- Gaga didn’t enjoy Chromatica as much as she thought she would. Granted, the pandemic messed it up, but when I saw her live, she came into her own when the ASIB stuff came on. 

- DOC is my least favourite remix album yet. A lot of the songs are skippable and butcher the original tracks. The Fame Remix album shows you how it’s done.

That 911 opinion really is unpopular 

Blackout19
4 hours ago, TimotheeChalamet said:

Didn't she just say she wanted 1000 Doves to be acoustic and her friends convinced to turn it into a dance song?

I love her friends, they had a good idea

Marilyn Monroe is my best friend.

Edonis

Most of the songs on Dawn of Chromatica aged really really poorly while most of the tracks on Chromatica did not! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Demoncore

- it deserved the visual album treatment

- Alice is slept on

- Final Babylon > Demo Babylon

- Has some of the weakest collaborations out of all of her albums

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Bowman

I heard stupid love while I was out the other day for lunch and for some reason it sounded SO GOOD in there!! Its my least fav but it made me appreciate it more hearing it out and about 

𝕯𝕵, 𝖋𝖗𝖊𝖊 𝖒𝖞 𝖒𝖎𝖓𝖉

Nite

I think my only unpopular opinion is that I doubt Free Woman would've done very well as a lead single with the GP. I love the song, the performance at CBT, and especially the Rina remix, but I my non-fan friends don't seem to vibe with it at all 

VasilisVas

Good album. Loved it when it came out but I feel like it’s aged poorly for me. I have not gone out of my way to listen to this album the last 2 years like I do with TFM and BTW and even sometimes Joanne.  The Chromatica Ball was awesome and I loved it, but I still didn’t care enough to go back and listen to the album after attending the tour.

pop a 911

Free Woman isn’t as good as everyone makes it out to be

Plastic Doll receives undeserved hate

Babylon should have kept the demos bridge

i’m not real, i’m theatre
  • Like 1

Sugar Baby

It’s probably her safest pop record to date and yet only rain on me and sour Candy had hit potential and sadly the collabs had a lot to do with it but I still love the record the few visuals we got were amazing :yennefer:

I’m still bitter that the Chromatica ball doesn’t serve Chromatica at all, only the alien outfit for the piano segment:littlepotter: 

Babylon should have been the lead single it wouldn’t be a hit but I doubt it would do worse than stupid love and it was her “Vogue” moment :anveeroy:

Stupid love isn’t that bad it’s just that it was the lead and that turned a lot of people off cause they know she could do better, if it wasn’t a single it would be everyone’s guilty pleasure :stupidoreo: