Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

The Guardian criticizes Taylor Swift’s lack of support for the LGBTQIA+ community

Teletubby

Featured Posts

PartySick
4 hours ago, faysalaaa1 said:

Why the constant need to turn every artist into an activist? not everyone wants to play that role in life and thats okay.

So, I'll take a more nuanced stance here and lowkey agree with this but I also agree with the people saying she should speak up. I'd respect her more for it and, as a public figure, she does kinda have a responsibility to stand for something but I also realize Taylor Swift saying "yay gays" in front of a crowd of Swifties isn't gonna change a damn thing :laughga:

We need to put this kind of pressure on politicians, not pop stars :laughga:

🖤
  • Like 1

faysalaaa1
13 minutes ago, PartySick said:

So, I'll take a more nuanced stance here and lowkey agree with this but I also agree with the people saying she should speak up. I'd respect her more for it and, as a public figure, she does kinda have a responsibility to stand for something but I also realize Taylor Swift saying "yay gays" in front of a crowd of Swifties isn't gonna change a damn thing :laughga:

We need to put this kind of pressure on politicians, not pop stars :laughga:

Yes we should encourage and create incentives for celebrities to speak up, but not demand it with a threat of an accusation. 

Edited by faysalaaa1

PartySick
1 minute ago, faysalaaa1 said:

Yes I agree with you, I think we should encourage and create incentives for celebrities to speak up, but not demand it with a threat of an accusation. 

I didn't read the whole accusation (can't be bothered oops) but if anyone is saying Taylor hates the gays, they're dumb and can be disregarded.

Hating gays is her fans' job :anveeroy:

🖤
  • YAAAS 1

Controversiaga
2 hours ago, Pennywise said:

not to attack you because I don't have anything against you but, like, tell this to trans people who MUST move out of Florida because of DeSantis' policies. She could at least say something about that, even if nothing else. Not that she "must", but that she, morally, should. 

I don’t feel attacked, don’t worry :heart:

I think I misunderstood the article- I thought they were bashing for her putting on a show in these states, so what I was saying is someone who is trans and lives in Florida should not be deprived of a Taylor swift concert or have to travel out of state to see her if Taylor protested by not touring in these states- that’s what I meant 

don’t get me wrong- what is happening in these states is very terrifying to me and is very wrong and I do wish everybody with a major platform and influence would speak up about it.

but also- when did Gaga last speak up ? I feel like it’s been a while .. 

Edited by ControversiaGa
Pronounced like “Balenciaga” . Emphasis on the “Ga”
  • Like 1

MACATL

Not her place.  Not every celeb has to publicly take any kind of stand on all issues.  That being said, anyone who watched her doc knows where she stands.  

jaXXXon

Taylor will only care when there's profit from it. She's like that in every part of her career. 

That said, can someone please tell me if we've ever witnessed an artist have such an incredible Beatle-mania type of hype in the US while being kinda... well... underwhelming popular in Europe or Latin America? 

I have three countries in Europe I can account for where Taylor is popular but she's not as popular as Adele or Gaga or even Katy Perry during their peaks. 

The way Swifties claim she's got a bigger peak than MJ is beyond me. Clock them when possible. 

• Like 5

TEANUS
1 hour ago, ControversiaGa said:

I don’t feel attacked, don’t worry :heart:

I think I misunderstood the article- I thought they were bashing for her putting on a show in these states, so what I was saying is someone who is trans and lives in Florida should not be deprived of a Taylor swift concert or have to travel out of state to see her if Taylor protested by not touring in these states- that’s what I meant 

don’t get me wrong- what is happening in these states is very terrifying to me and is very wrong and I do wish everybody with a major platform and influence would speak up about it.

but also- when did Gaga last speak up ? I feel like it’s been a while .. 

Gaga founded an up-and-running foundation that protects and uplifts LGBTQ+ youth 11 years ago. 

But she spoke about equality on every date of The Chromatica Ball during/before Born This Way. Then went further to advocate for abortion rights and gun control reform

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS
  • Like 3
  • YAAAS 3

TheFame Monster
5 hours ago, COOOK said:

Bringing this 100% tea back from another thread, it deserves to be pinned everywhere lol:

My impact :firega:

Also, Lizzo just spoke out in Nebraska with the governor in the audience

Edited by TheFame Monster
  • YAAAS 5
  • Love 1

Dennis

She has a huge conservative following. And she's a smart business woman. She'll do what's right for herself and her ambitions to become a billionaire.

• Like 2

Levine
10 hours ago, faysalaaa1 said:

Why the constant need to turn every artist into an activist? not everyone wants to play that role in life and thats okay.

I don't care if they "want to play that role", IF you have millions of followers you HAVE TO play that role,  you like it or not. 

10 hours ago, faysalaaa1 said:

Not everyone with a large platform has to be an activist though.

Yes, it has. I even think it's part of their "job". People with millions of followers have huge influece and we're talking about the supposed biggest popstar of the universe here (according to the media and to her fans) so yes, she has the MORAL OBLIGATION to speak about important stuff and if she doesn't, then I'm free to think that she doesn't care. 

• Like 1

Levine
9 hours ago, faysalaaa1 said:

The only reason she did Calm Down was because everyone at the time (including mainstream media) was painting her as a white supremacist empathizer.

Oh so she used our community for cleaning her image? That's even worse! 

Levine
3 hours ago, TheFame Monster said:

My impact :firega:

Also, Lizzo just spoke out in Nebraska with the governor in the audience

Here we go! Thank you for this. 

Levine
10 hours ago, River said:

The moment she released "calm down" and made a profit from the community, she made herself an activist and an ally, so yes, she must speak out in those states during her tour. you don't really need to be an activist to speak about what is right, it's not about gay marriage anymore, it's about our existence as individuals, they are trying to bring us back to the closet. so she needs to be ashamed to say nothing.

This is the last post I'm quoting, I swear lol but yes, basically this. Say something and educate her trilion people who follow her =/= activism. Nobody is asking her to go con congress and meet with presidents lika Gaga does, but at least say something.

She's very well fluently speaking when someone touches her things and make her fans to bully other people, so she knows how to do that. 

• Thanks 1

faysalaaa1
3 hours ago, Levine said:

I don't care if they "want to play that role", IF you have millions of followers you HAVE TO play that role,  you like it or not. 

Yes, it has. I even think it's part of their "job". People with millions of followers have huge influece and we're talking about the supposed biggest popstar of the universe here (according to the media and to her fans) so yes, she has the MORAL OBLIGATION to speak about important stuff and if she doesn't, then I'm free to think that she doesn't care. 

I dont believe people have MORAL OBLIGATIONS other than not harming others by force. I dont expect 8 billion people to live up to my expectations of them, or expect them to comply to my demands. I dont even know if im right to even demand from others to change the world my way. People have different approaches for coping with reality and how to engage with it, and everyone is in a different stage in life, so stop asking others to be like you.

3 hours ago, Levine said:

Oh so she used our community for cleaning her image? That's even worse! 

She was forced to use our community because they were threatening her with the accusation of white supremacy if she doesnt "speak up". So she used our community in a cringe tokenism way to shut us up.

TortureMeOnReplay
15 hours ago, faysalaaa1 said:

Right so this was covered in multiple responses, but she did it herself. In a music video and her documentary. It's funny that she only speaks about these things in marketable products rather than in her free time. You can't say "I'm going to get political because people need me" and then only cover those topics when you have something to sell. Taylor has been called America's darling for a pretty long time for a reason, and it's because she could energize a large portion of her fanbase to partake in local politics. It wouldn't be hard for her to project the phone numbers of politicans' offices during her campaign or even send a tweet. But she chooses not to. Nobody has asked her for money, although some probably will. They're just asking her to speak, and it's free. If you're more worried about losing a couple thousand fans than several million fans losing their rights, you're not an ally. I'm sorry. 

14 hours ago, Bat said:

As if Gaga, Beyonce, Adele aren't, please if we're gonna criticize and scrutinize this woman for this than please drag the others ones (including the males like Drake, The Weeknd who never speak up on anything) as well.

Thanks.

I understand that this is Gagadaily so Gaga gets brought into a lot of arguments here, but this ain't it. Gaga was an ally before it was popular, made her stance very well known, and actively advocated politically. She did a lot to repeal Dont Say Gay and when asked by the media if she was a "transvestite" she said "so what if I am" when any other artist at the time would have at the very least given a profound no if not a disgusted look with an attitude about how insulting it is to be accused of that. 

• YAAAS 4
  • Thanks 4