Bling 31,710 Posted May 18, 2023 Share Posted May 18, 2023 Tbh I'm less concerned about China being invasive on TikTok. The app is just garbage in general. TONS of false information and all that constant content...it's really bad for your brain health Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
sarahb 17,257 Posted May 18, 2023 Share Posted May 18, 2023 17 minutes ago, WheresMy911Alice said: Tbh I'm less concerned about China being invasive on TikTok. The app is just garbage in general. TONS of false information and all that constant content...it's really bad for your brain health You mean I don't have ADHD, OCD, Autism, Bipolar disorder and disassociate identity disorder based on a few vague symptoms? Do you feel him sir? Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Dennis 8,391 Posted May 18, 2023 Share Posted May 18, 2023 2 hours ago, StarstruckIllusion said: This. Honestly why do people trust their own government spying on them over foreign ones? Who’s getting arrested if an American breaks Chinese law or something? China doesn’t even have an extradition treaty with America. This is a great opportunity to bring back Vine tho Okay but it's really not the same. In the U.S we still have a pretty good judicial system, there's something you can do if someone screws you over, even if it's the government. You can sue the government and win. It doesn't always work, but it tends to work most of the time. There's also free press and you can expose and talk publicly about such things. If the chinese government blackmails you with compromising information they collected on you, there's nothing you can do. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Bling 31,710 Posted May 18, 2023 Share Posted May 18, 2023 57 minutes ago, sarahb said: You mean I don't have ADHD, OCD, Autism, Bipolar disorder and disassociate identity disorder based on a few vague symptoms? The irony of me always Googling my symptoms and diagnosing myself Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
RAMROD 118,170 Posted May 18, 2023 Share Posted May 18, 2023 58 minutes ago, SamanthaC said: How will they prevent people from downloading it? That seems more invasive to me. They'll probably geo block it. (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ ⁱᵐ'ᵐᵃ ʰⁱᵗ ᵈᵉᶠʳᵒˢᵗ ᵒⁿ ʸᵃ, ˡᵉᵗ'ˢ ᵍᵉᵗ ⁱᵗ ᵇˡᵃᶻⁱⁿᵍ﹗ (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡ Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
AURAOFSHEISSE 6,517 Posted May 18, 2023 Share Posted May 18, 2023 2 hours ago, SamanthaC said: How will they prevent people from downloading it? That seems more invasive to me. It just won’t be on the AppStore for them, ig they could use a vpn “Hands on your knees, I’m Angelina Jolie” Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
SlowLoris 1,238 Posted May 18, 2023 Share Posted May 18, 2023 I think tiktok is bad for many reasons, but the fact that it's Chinese is low on my list. Like yeah sure, the Chinese government cares a lot about what a random child in Montana looked at online??? Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Roughhouse Dandy 13,947 Posted May 18, 2023 Share Posted May 18, 2023 Loves it. The whole country next please 🙏🏼 This is my Hannah Montana™️ lipgloss. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chris Evans 8,919 Posted May 18, 2023 Share Posted May 18, 2023 there's this misconception that tiktok does the same intrusive data mining as every other American social network but that's just so far from the truth one of the earliest things they were caught doing is creating a record for every individual without even making an account- might seem harmless for some people but the reality is that just having it installed is a danger given the information that it collects it was proven that the app consistently is copying your keyboard strokes inside and OUTSIDE the app and tailoring content for you. Meaning everything you've ever typed: passwords, search history, text messages is all collected. That's why even the most specific things you type can come up on your feed months later. a foreign government like China can threaten to expose all of this information and all someone would need to connect it to you is your phone number. Hell they don't even have to have bad intentions, a simple data leak would be one of the worst in history given what they collect Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Better Day 5,766 Posted May 19, 2023 Share Posted May 19, 2023 On 5/17/2023 at 11:15 PM, Reality said: But American spyware apps are fine! I would love to see the end of social media. However, the Chinese cannot be trusted one bit. Together You And I! Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Economy 53,166 Posted May 21, 2023 Share Posted May 21, 2023 On 5/17/2023 at 6:47 PM, LateToCult said: I recently deleted the app because it was far too invasive. I was having a very specific conversation with a friend about a topic I had never googled or talked about before and then when I opened the app I got bombarded with videos about that topic. Gave me a huge ick. I know all apps are invasive but the way this one targets you so aggressively is off putting. That's ur phone in general tho The amount of times I got bombarded by ads on random sites for stuff I was talking about but hadn't yet googled is actually terrifying I can believe it was a coincidence if it happened once or twice but it was far too often. Our phones listen and recommend sh*t tho I don't actually care either anyway cuz the phone isn't concious of what it's doing it's just algorithms and even if someone access that data I don't care, I'm just a number on statistics so they can judge me who they don't know all they want But it's still low-key creepy sometimes Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
TheFame Monster 9,020 Posted May 21, 2023 Share Posted May 21, 2023 On 5/17/2023 at 11:52 PM, sarahb said: You mean I don't have ADHD, OCD, Autism, Bipolar disorder and disassociate identity disorder based on a few vague symptoms? and I shouldn’t mop my floors with laundry detergent Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
PartySick 174,949 Posted May 21, 2023 Share Posted May 21, 2023 On 5/17/2023 at 6:13 PM, Cody James said: I am a firm believer that the US government simply is scared of how powerful young voices are on TikTok, and how fast terrible laws that are being passed as well as horrific events taking place, are shared with thousands and thousands of people. This was my first thought too. After all the millennial and gen z movements and protests organized through TikTok, the right wing politicians in the US are just searching for reasons to ban it. We're all being spied on regardless, most of our phones literally track the words we type, so I don't see the issue Whimsical bitch Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Featured Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.