💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
event

Eurovision Song Contest 2024 in Malmö, Sweden

Dutch

Featured Posts

Dutch
47 minutes ago, SwissMonster said:

I hate it here, I feel like every fave to win messed up. Croatia kept their national final, which is the safe and boring way to go, but well… the right one when all others try to do some stand out thing that turns into a mess. Its annoying

Like why did we decide to NOT send a strong ballad in a year where it could’ve won? Like we did it for 100 years in a row. :triggered:

Dutch

I honestly like Joost his staging. The vocals tho… Sight. But the audience still seems to love it and maybe the song is still strong enough for a good result. Jury won’t like it one bit tho. 

darkgaga
13 minutes ago, Dutch said:

I honestly like Joost his staging. The vocals tho… Sight. But the audience still seems to love it and maybe the song is still strong enough for a good result. Jury won’t like it one bit tho. 

In the leaked clip I didnt see any audience. Was it from tonight?

Dutch
14 minutes ago, darkgaga said:

In the leaked clip I didnt see any audience. Was it from tonight?

That was from this afternoon. There other leaked videos of tonight. 

SwissMonster
Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, Dutch said:

Like why did we decide to NOT send a strong ballad in a year where it could’ve won? Like we did it for 100 years in a row. :triggered:

Honestly also Joost could‘ve won with the right staging. Not saying he still can‘t but its also not IT. Its annoying that this contest became so much about staging that delegations think they have to do this or that. Its clicking with nobody to a 100%, not even ukraine imo. And now Croatia is at 40% in the odds :anveeroy: 

I still have one slight of hope for the Jury to tank it based on other performances being more impressive (such as Ireland, Switzerland, Ukraine or France for example, also countries that do have better vocals) and for the televote just being split

Edited by SwissMonster
SwissMonster®️ - Creating controversy since 1999
  • Like 2

Dutch
Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, SwissMonster said:

Honestly also Joost could‘ve won with the right staging. Not saying he still can‘t but its also not IT.

I honestly never thought he could win. Of course my hope was 100% and the hype got me, but noway the jury would’ve backed this enough to make it win. I’m just happy we had such a different approach for once. A party song with such a nice guy. 

18 minutes ago, SwissMonster said:

I still have one slight of hope for the Jury to tank it based on other performances being more impressive (such as Ireland, Switzerland, Ukraine or France for example, also countries that do have better vocals) and for the televote just being split

I have been saying this since forever. But Ukraine to me deserves the 40%. They will do better in the jury by a lot than Croatia will do (if the jury is honest). Ukraine will also get a big score from the televote. They did get it last year with a shitty song and this is miles better. The sympathy vote is also still alive for them but I honestly don’t think they needed it to win anyway.

The televote will snub Switzerland and France, jury will snub NL, Ireland and Croatia a little. Italy will do well in both factors but not great. And then there are dark horses like Portugal (jury) and Armenia (televote). And let’s not forget the unpleasant surprise THAT country could give us. 

Ukraine will be the most obvious winner in my head but I guess even that won’t be a reality for me.

Edited by Dutch
  • Like 1

Arcanum

Marina deserves better than this reception imo. I think the proper camera angle will change the perspective a lot. Read it will have the template of an insta live story. The chorus was definitely dynamic and improved vocally at the last rehearsal. Rooting for ha. 🎲

I Wantth your Love...I Wantth your Love.
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

SwissMonster
3 hours ago, Dutch said:

The one point difference @SwissMonster

GNFwXmXWMAAGbtD?format=jpg&name=large

Nnnnnn

Also the way they both landslided away, as they should!

SwissMonster®️ - Creating controversy since 1999

Melech

poor eden getting booed, hopefully she doesn’t take it to her heart

• LMAO 2
  • Love 1

Tempest

Umm I’ve become absolutely obsessed with Bambie Thug. That performance was iconic

• YAAAS 5

TeenIdle

Ireland has surpassed Italy in the odds dhskks insane. But we stan

• YAAAS 3

palma

I just watched the leaked dress rehearsal for the second semi :partysick: 

Croatia is winning I fear :volantis:

Spoiler

- Malta, Armenia, and Georgia will definitely qualify I think.

- Norway will/should make it to the top 10 on Saturday.

- Austria and Belgium flopped :volantis: one of them pulling a NQ wouldn't surprise me at all.

- Israel should've just pulled back from the contest this year even if EBU didn't have the balls to disqualify them. Idk much about the Israeli contestant and her views on the war but I felt sorry for her - this contest will traumatize her. I expect her to qualify though.

- Marina's stamina got me worried for the final but the staging doesn't look that bad. I still believe she will end up at like 7th place - which is not terrible! I wish they had some other costumes though :bear: With more budget and better choreography she could've easily landed in top 5 but well, at least I got to discover her :traumatica:

- Nemo has some innovative staging that screams winner material so kudos, but I am not a big fan of the styling. They also looked a little unsure of their steps on the turntable/platform thingy so I hope there won't be a problem in the televised shows. If they can work a bit on their stage presence SUI might win this, maybe. Top 5 lockedT though. 

- Italy... :franminervini: It's such a shame cause Angelina can SING and she's immensely charismatic. Her back-up dancers are a distraction, I hate the costumes, and the camera angles are TERRIBLE :saladga: If her staging was properly executed Angelina would win this 100% - yes even against Croatia but with this performance she's getting 350 points max :awkney: It might get in the top 3 though, as the televoting results will be divided between so many favorites.

- Netherlands :littlepotter: If the Dutch delegation didn't hype their staging to the heavens I would take this as a cute, fun entry and would welcome it as a spiritual successor to Iceland in 2021 - but GOD they handled it in such an annoying manner. The performance was fine - except I found it a little awkward that Joost didn't sing the (Euro)papa bits. Oh and Joost has a very emotional story but using it (I mean the ending where he talks) for the short clips that they show for the voting doesn't sit right with me - he could get votes with his song. Netherlands will 100% get in top 10 but they are not winning this. :partysick:

Dutch
44 minutes ago, TeenIdle said:

Ireland has surpassed Italy in the odds dhskks insane. But we stan

And France overtook NL. :ororomunroe:

• Sad 1

Cpeer

I did not watch the leaked footage from last night as I want to see it tonight for the full glory. But here is my take

I don’t think Croatia is a safe bet for the win. He won’t be the jury winner with that song and vocals and he won’t be the televote winner with that performance ( camera angles are not that great). I honestly doubt he landslide won the semi since Ukraine and Ireland were really GOOD. 

Nemo is my favourite to win je jury vote if they nail the vocals and the performance turns out perfect. I see them getting ~180-200 televotes too, that should be enough for the win. 

And for Joost, as much as I would love him to win, I don’t see it happening. Could he win the televote? Yes! 
But even considering the delegations lobbying to other delegations for jury votes - I just don’t see enough jury votes for him to win. 

My prediction:

Winner - Switzerland 

Have a chance to win:

Croatia, Ukraine, Netherlands 

Surprise winner: France, Italy

• PartySick locked this topic
  • River unpinned this topic