Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
event

Eurovision Song Contest 2024 in Malmö, Sweden

Dutch

Featured Posts

Juanlittlem
1 hour ago, Dutch said:

Ngl expected a upgrade from Croatia to seal the deal. Netherlands still has the chance to win the televote now. 

Agreed, watching the rehearsal felt boring

Locked in a basement again?! / I ❤️ Teletubby.
  • Like 2

Dutch
1 minute ago, Juanlittlem said:

Agreed, watching the rehearsal felt boring

Like, Ireland and Poland are before him and they are way more out there. Like it’s not that unique or special anymore.

sara57

Wait yall based these opinions over a few photos from the 1st rehearsal and short TikTok clip? Or did I miss something? :enigma:

Edited by sara57

Juanlittlem
Just now, sara57 said:

Wait yall based these opinions over a few photos from the 1st rehearsal and short TikTok clip? Or did I miss something? :enigma:

Mmm yes? Like, you can tell if something is good or bad just with that. 

• LMAO 1

sara57
8 hours ago, Juanlittlem said:

Mmm yes? Like, you can tell if something is good or bad just with that. 

Idk, I remember Loreen's 1st rehearsal photos were quite disappointing last year and the actual performance was much more impressive. But okay :ohwell:

Juanlittlem
1 hour ago, sara57 said:

Loreen's 1st rehearsal photos were quite disappointing

And it was. A downgrade from Melfest but Loreen won ESC as soon as she won Melfest

• Like 1

Dutch
2 hours ago, sara57 said:

Idk, I remember Loreen's 1st rehearsal photos were quite disappointing last year and the actual performance was much more impressive. But okay :ohwell:

We all know it’s not the full product and base our first opinions on it. We all know the final product could be different since there could be changes over the week and even between semi finals and final. However the first rehearsal gives away 80% of what we could expect. We know how stuff will be different on camera but then again we’ve seen enough Eurovisions to know how it will translate. Since Eurovision is limiting our resources to base a opinion on, this is what we will take. :ororomunroe:

Dutch

Anyways. Not necessarily my ranking but more how much the the rehearsals impressed me, based on the first rehearsals from yesterday:

1. Ukraine.    
2. Serbia.   
3. Ireland.   
4. Poland.   
5. Croatia.   
6. Lithuania.    
7. Cyprus.

Dutch

Todays rehearsals.

🇮🇸 Iceland – Hera Björk – Scared Of Heights 10:30 - 11:00

🇸🇮 Slovenia – Raiven – Veronika 11:10 - 11:40

🇫🇮 Finland – Windows95Man – No Rules! 11:50 - 12:20

🇲🇩 Moldova – Natalia Barbu – In The Middle 12:30 - 13:00

🇦🇿 Azerbaijan - FAHREE feat. Ilkin Dovlatov - Özünlə Apar 14:10 - 14:40

🇦🇺 Australia - Electric Fields - One Milkali (one blood) 14:50 - 15:20

🇵🇹 Portugal - iolanda - Grito 15:30 - 16:00

🇱🇺 Luxembourg - TALI – Fighter 16:10 - 16:40

• Like 1

Dutch
Posted (edited)

Rehearsal 1: 🇮🇸 Iceland – Hera Björk – Scared Of Heights

First up to rehearse today is Hera Björk, who is no stranger to the Eurovision stage, having previously represented Iceland back in 2010. She’s a legendary pop diva both back at home in Iceland and amongst the Eurovision fandom, and this song is another of her trademark uplifting pop bangers.

Hera has swapped the Söngvakeppnin red sparkly jumpsuit for gold and VERY sparkly, with fringing to aid fearless flight. We’ve heard it weights 6kg, but will confirm!

She starts on a black plinth (not high: fear not) backed by five backing singers. It’s very similar to the Söngvakeppnin performance, just on a Malmö scale – lots of gold graphics and silhouettes of dancers on the LED wall makes it feel like a big old party. We’re having a little chair bop in section A4 - WHAT a way to start the day.

YES to the comment that Hera's outfit looks like Conor from Wild Youth last year. Just SO much more glamorous. And less...tight.

No pyro for Iceland - Hera is sparkly enough. 

rehearsals-day-2-live-blog-v0-show8tz6v6

GMPh-nCXcAA2Sw3?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by Dutch

Juanlittlem
2 minutes ago, Dutch said:

And less...tight.

:stupidoreo:

NQ anyways I fear

• LMAO 1

Dutch
6 minutes ago, Juanlittlem said:

:stupidoreo:

NQ anyways I fear

Ngl I screamed reading that.

It depends how many whine moms are watching. 

Dutch
Posted (edited)

11:10 CEST: Rehearsal 2: 🇸🇮 Slovenia – Raiven – Veronika

In the Semi-Final running order it will be Germany next, but today we’re skipping straight to Slovenia’s Raiven. She’s a seasoned performer in Slovenia - songwriter, harpist, theatre performer and mezzo-soprano.

Veronika is inspired by the story of Veronika Deseniška, a Slovenian noblewoman who fell in love with a member of the royal family and was accused and acquitted of witchcraft. One of the credited writers on this track is none other than Bojan Cvjetićanin, leader singer of last year’s Slovenian entry, Joker Out.

For staging, it’s Raiven in a dark silver bodysuit – she starts out on the floor, and her movements spark off pulsing graphics on the LED floor. She’s joined by five contemporary dancers in nude bodysuits, who perform a complex routine of intertwining bodies – the whole performance has a very similar feel to the official video – ethereal, but also VERY dramatic. And those high notes at the end take the roof off.

First pyro of the day! It's low fog and wind for Slovenia, which just adds to the drama. 

rehearsals-day-2-live-blog-v0-bvvkefrr37

GMPo-wQW4AAYNo-?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by Dutch

Juanlittlem
2 minutes ago, Dutch said:

11:10 CEST: Rehearsal 2: 🇸🇮 Slovenia – Raiven – Veronika

In the Semi-Final running order it will be Germany next, but today we’re skipping straight to Slovenia’s Raiven. She’s a seasoned performer in Slovenia - songwriter, harpist, theatre performer and mezzo-soprano.

Veronika is inspired by the story of Veronika Deseniška, a Slovenian noblewoman who fell in love with a member of the royal family and was accused and acquitted of witchcraft. One of the credited writers on this track is none other than Bojan Cvjetićanin, leader singer of last year’s Slovenian entry, Joker Out.

For staging, it’s Raiven in a dark silver bodysuit – she starts out on the floor, and her movements spark off pulsing graphics on the LED floor. She’s joined by five contemporary dancers in nude bodysuits, who perform a complex routine of intertwining bodies – the whole performance has a very similar feel to the official video – ethereal, but also VERY dramatic. And those high notes at the end take the roof off.

First pyro of the day! It's low fog and wind for Slovenia, which just adds to the drama. Photos coming soon!

Im scared of her NQ because I havent seen people really talking about this but I hope she does.

• Like 1

• PartySick locked this topic
  • River unpinned this topic