Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
celeb

Drag Race’s Shangela accused of sexual assault

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

BUtterfield 8

shangela-0.jpg

Former “We’re Here” production assistant Daniel McGarrigle filed a lawsuit Wednesday in Los Angeles Superior Court alleging that Darius Jeremy (DJ) Pierce, the actor who performs drag under the name Shangela, raped McGarrigle in a Louisiana hotel room following a 2020 crew party. 

McGarrigle’s lawsuit describes an alleged post-party scene in which an inebriated McGarrigle fell asleep fully clothed in Pierce’s hotel room. McGarrigle awoke, the suit says, with his pants pulled down and with Pierce attempting to penetrate him. According to the suit, McGarrigle screamed “No” and tried to fight off Pierce but was overpowered, with Pierce allegedly telling McGarrigle, “I know you want it, and you’re going to take it.” The suit, which also names “We’re Here” production company Buckingham Television, alleges sexual assault, gender violence, false imprisonment and sexual harassment.

Through his lawyer, Pierce declined to answer questions but issued a statement strongly denying the accusations.

“I can’t begin to explain how hurt and disgusted I am by these totally untrue allegations. They are personally offensive and perpetuate damaging stereotypes that are harmful not only to me but also to my entire community,” he said. “An external investigation into this embittered individual’s claims previously concluded that they were completely without merit. This newest filing is nothing but an attempt to shake down both me and a well-regarded television company. No one should be fooled: It has no basis in fact or in law, and it will not succeed. As a hardworking and outspoken drag entertainer for more than a decade, I know that I am far from alone in battling ignorance, bigotry and prejudice, all of which played a role in the filing of this complaint. That is why I will fight this entirely meritless lawsuit and not allow it to destroy me and those I love, or harm the causes we all stand for.”

Source

Oriane

Heh, I don't like that sudden jump to make it about the drag race community. That could mean a lot.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

Monstermilo

ughhh i hope this isnt true 

shangela is such a beacon of pride - if it is true though, she needs to deal with the consequences

candydarling

weird that they're bringing this up again right now

Not The Real Gaga

That statement does make me question her innocence tbh because I do find it weird to keep repeating things about "the community" while it would be a personal thing in the first place

River

Not a fan of the statement, it's not an attack against the community, it's a personal issue, it's a bit to abuse the reasons of homophobia that we're fighting against for self gain.

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta

Blake

Where were y'all a month or two ago when this originally came out? :toofunny:

hieronymus
3 hours ago, candydarling said:

weird that they're bringing this up again right now

they're not "bringing this up", it's the official statements in the actual lawsuit. it's not just social media posts anymore

Tinnitus15
2 hours ago, alecks said:

Shangela’s a top?

Does it matter?

NATAH
3 hours ago, alecks said:

Shangela’s a top?

read the room girl...

mother, what must i do?

Dimitri

I think it can be true. Not a long time ago, she was in Montreal secretly and I spoke with one of her friend. They were sleeping in an Airbnb managed by my boyfriend. There was her, Grindr’s Founder and other guys. When they left, they found the room completely dirty and full of hard drugs. I don’t know if she’s used to that but if she was very high the night of 2020 and on hard drugs it is possible that she raped this guy. But we don’t know so we can’t say anything 🤷🏻‍♂️

LaLuna

Didn't this news come out a while ago? 

Anyway I really hope it's not true. Shangela is one of my favorite Ru girls, she's such an icon. But yeah, for now I'm returning my stan card until the truth comes out... if it ever does.

Archived