đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Katy has emotional meltdown on Idol

noa234

Featured Posts

elijahfan
7 hours ago, dopega said:

There's no need to quote everyone you disagree with as we already read what you said. It's almost like you're purposefully picking a fight. 

I think I have the right to answer people who are directly addressing me and / or trying to explain why I’m wrong. I’m not fighting, I’m having a conversation, and I believe this is allowed on a forum, thank you.

If you’re annoyed by my posts, you’re very welcome to ignore them, or even mute me.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, chromaticainmyhead said:

I agree with you partially because I feel like the main point of the whole clip still was to raise awareness around the issue of gun policy and for that reason I'm not against it. Yes, it's catering to the judges' egos on the expense of such tremendous trauma but the ordinary viewer would very likely never even question such thing and rather see and experience the emotions around this kid's experiences and Katy using her voice which is far more important and I feel like has more impact and was worth it than rather not release this footage at all.

I think the crux of where we disagree is that it didn't feel like "the main point" was to raise awareness or inspire any sort of call to action.

I think the producers of American Idol have done what they always do - audition off camera, find people with sad stories who can hold a tune and then exploit those stories for entertainment. It's a lazy but effective way to endere the contestants and judges to their audience.

All these talent shows do the same thing..

Someone's dad is dying of cancer, someone went through homelessness, someone has lost a sibling to suicide, someone's parent has passed away, someone was being bullied, someone is not able bodied, someone has a speech impediment, someone lost their twin brother, someone lost their best friend, someone lost both their parents.

(These are all real examples)

Those sob stories are not inspiring anyone to donate to cancer foundations or fight for disability rights and this story isn't getting people to prostest or petition politicians. It's a cheap and icky trick to get ratings by exploiting the trauma of their contestants and the emotions of their audience.

I didn't see any activism, I didn't see any calls for action, I didn't see a way forward for change. What I saw is the same lazy and exploitative trauma mining that Idol and these other talent shows do consistently.

This is from the same show that had to rebrand once the public clued into the fact that them purposefully humiliating and laughing at delusional and mentally ill contestants who had inflated ideas of their own talents was exploitative and wrong.

The average viewer is eating up the emotional narrative, sure, but I just don't see that the producers have used this as more than a narrative device.

3 hours ago, elijahfan said:

I think I have the right to answer people who are directly addressing me and / or trying to explain why I’m wrong. I’m not fighting, I’m having a conversation, and I believe this is allowed on a forum, thank you.

If you’re annoyed by my posts, you’re very welcome to ignore them, or even mute me.

Read what you just said and think about how hypocritical that sounds. 

elijahfan
4 hours ago, dopega said:

Read what you just said and think about how hypocritical that sounds. 

You’re accusing me of looking for a fight, and yet you’re the one who’s bumping my posts trying to inflame the situation. I’m respectful and simply stating my views, now why don’t you read what you’re saying and leave me alone?

EDIT: I didn't expect anything less than an LMAO reaction from you, so thank you for matching my expectations. Happy for you if you're finding this discussion very amusing, it definitely makes you look very mature.

A Real Panda

The same woman who endorsed a "pro-Gun" Republican candidate who changed his affiliation as Democrat only before the US elections.

Archived