Jump to content
science

It Begins. Meta Is Also Offering Paid For Verification For Facebook & Instagram Now


RAMROD

Featured Posts

Helxig

Goodbye Twitter

Goodbye Facebook

Goodbye Instagram

Saved By The Bell Reaction GIF

Honestly now is the time to start developing a really great social media platform, because we're about ready to jump ship on the existing platforms that have dominated for so long, and people will be looking for new places to congregate online. Billionaires are the dumbest f.ucks on the planet

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.
Link to post
Share on other sites

River

"protection from impersonators"

lol but when u report someone for impersonating someone else they reply to you back that "this user is not impersonating someone else and didn't break our rules" :alsemanche:

So sploosh your juice all over me you Riverboy
Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Cameltoe Chariot said:

I honestly don't think a lot of people are going to pay for this... having verification be something that happens at the discretion of the company made it exclusive and impressive. Kind of like buying a birkin bag, you can't just go into an Hermes store and buy one.

But now that anyone can have it, for only $15 or whatever... it feels cheap and cringe. I feel like only internet edgelords are going to buy this sh*t and everyone else won't care enough to pay for it :billie:

I actually think that a lot of people will pay.

Influencers and wannabes would wanna secure their content so I'm sure they'd pay in a heartbeat, and then it will be a chain reaction. You'll see many others following through so you'll inevitably get a feeling of missing out, or that your account is more vulnerable. This is a tactic from companies where they benefit from installing insecurity and uncertainty to their costumers: if you don't pay, your identification is in danger (basically what Mark Zuckerberg is saying).

Instagram users are majorly superficial and rely a lot on their image so this is a win-win on both ends and again, many will follow like a domino effect in fear of missing out. "All for the gram"...

Edit: not paying and ending up leaving is what I thought would happen to Twitter but we all saw how many were willing to pay, even if it's for troll accounts

Link to post
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Cpeer said:

Well honestly it’s not that cheap on a yearly basis. 

it's very expensive considering you're paying for nothing :messga:

mother, what must i do?
Link to post
Share on other sites

Reginald

$11.99-$14.99 per MONTH to be verified (algorithm boost) on the two most boring, outdated social media platforms?!

tiffany-pollard-leave.gif

I would never waste almost $200/ year to be visible on social media :lmao: 

Link to post
Share on other sites

RahrahWitch

Facebook and insta have been on a downward trend for years and this is their solution? :ladyhaha: 

At least you need ID to verify yourself so verification isn't completely useless but sub fee social media is the greediest thing I've seen in a while, If anything they should be paying people with value to stay. The only site that can get away with it is Youtube because they actually pay their creators. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Fame Monster

Hopefully, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter & TikTok will eventually become paid services for all, so I can stop using social media completely. :party:

Social media is the most awful thing invented in the 21st century... :saladga: Yeah I know there are benefits but I see more cons than pros.

Find your freedom in the music
Link to post
Share on other sites

The Fame Monster

How do they come up with these different monthly subscriptions? What's next? A monthly fee for those who want to change their profile picture more than once a month or private message above the limited amount?

Wouldn't be surprised if in 10 years there were a monthly fee for oxygen consumption. :toofunny: 

Find your freedom in the music
Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...