💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
musician

Melanie Martinez

artdoll

Featured Posts

Helxig

So I went to the Portals Tour last night in Auckland is it was SO GOOD you guys. Unfortunately today I am so fatigued and exhausted from multiple days no sleep, the show, other things, so I might not be super coherent

First of all I went on my own and had to drive almost 2hrs either way after a night of no sleep so that was fun (and a little dangerous oops) but it was so worth it. The show exceeded my expectations! It's the one tour I managed to completely see nothing of online so everything was new! There was so much fog and lighting and lasers??? And visuals and confetti that was little pink moths like the promo pic.

The songs were so amazing live omgggg.. I love when pop artists incorporate a real band into the mix. It just makes it hit so much harder! Something I noticed though is it sounds so lackluster on my phone recordings because in real life I could feel it in my body.. but I was right next to the speaker :laughga:  and also two from the front!

I was surprised she had a THEREMIN player but it was such a cool addition to the band. Seeing her in real life the mask and outfit were actually so effective! For the first half of the show until I got a good look I was literally thinking "did she do the full prosthetics for our show?" It was actually so ethereal and cool in real life, it just doesn't translate on camera. And I always say this every time I see a celeb in real life, but she looked skinny and healthy irl. I remember having the same thought when I saw Enigma and at the time everyone was talking about Gaga's 'weight gain' :motherofpuppies:

The crowd was going crazy and so hyped it was such good energy. It was the first concert of the young girl next to me and she fainted and we had to help her up and she begged the security to not pull her out and refused to go :laughga:  the other young couple next to me were super nice too and the girl in front travelled from the whole other end of the country all on her own to be there! I was glad to have people to talk to and freak out with. It also poured rain before the show so we were literally all wet through it was an experience :huntyga:

At the end they held up the new inclusive pride flag and Palestinian flag and shouted "free Palestine" and also told us that we were such a good crowd and she had a great time

Oh and weirdly she played the album front to back but skipped Leeches.. Also she played some songs for the encore that surprised everyone..

Spoiler

Play Date and the crowd went NUTS. Show & Tell, Mad Hatter, Leche Of The Siren which went so hard live

Amazing night. 10/10

And if you want to you can look at my Instagram story today

Edit: 

OH I just remembered this! Her boyfriend Verde was there taking photos of her the whole time :fatcat:  he was on our side of the stage so literally just over the barricade. He's cute irl :ohwell:  and also William Blair Scott her hair stylist and her makeup artist were all chillin and singing along too. William is very :lolly:

So cute that her entourage still comes out to watch and enjoy the show

Edited by Helxig
I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.
  • Love 1
  • Shook 1

Flippy
20 minutes ago, Helxig said:

So I went to the Portals Tour last night in Auckland is it was SO GOOD you guys. Unfortunately today I am so fatigued and exhausted from multiple days no sleep, the show, other things, so I might not be super coherent

First of all I went on my own and had to drive almost 2hrs either way after a night of no sleep so that was fun (and a little dangerous oops) but it was so worth it. The show exceeded my expectations! It's the one tour I managed to completely see nothing of online so everything was new! There was so much fog and lighting and lasers??? And visuals and confetti that was little pink moths like the promo pic.

The songs were so amazing live omgggg.. I love when pop artists incorporate a real band into the mix. It just makes it hit so much harder! Something I noticed though is it sounds so lackluster on my phone recordings because in real life I could feel it in my body.. but I was right next to the speaker :laughga:  and also two from the front!

I was surprised she had a THEREMIN player but it was such a cool addition to the band. Seeing her in real life the mask and outfit were actually so effective! For the first half of the show until I got a good look I was literally thinking "did she do the full prosthetics for our show?" It was actually so ethereal and cool in real life, it just doesn't translate on camera. And I always say this every time I see a celeb in real life, but she looked skinny and healthy irl. I remember having the same thought when I saw Enigma and at the time everyone was talking about Gaga's 'weight gain' :motherofpuppies:

The crowd was going crazy and so hyped it was such good energy. It was the first concert of the young girl next to me and she fainted and we had to help her up and she begged the security to not pull her out and refused to go :laughga:  the other young couple next to me were super nice too and the girl in front travelled from the whole other end of the country all on her own to be there! I was glad to have people to talk to and freak out with. It also poured rain before the show so we were literally all wet through it was an experience :huntyga:

At the end they held up the new inclusive pride flag and Palestinian flag and shouted "free Palestine" and also told us that we were such a good crowd and she had a great time

Oh and weirdly she played the album front to back but skipped Leeches.. Also she played some songs for the encore that surprised everyone..

Hide contents

Play Date and the crowd went NUTS. Show & Tell, Mad Hatter, Leche Of The Siren which went so hard live

Amazing night. 10/10

And if you want to you can look at my Instagram story today

I wish she would’ve done the surprise songs at my show :bradley: I need to go to the new concert! Most likely I’ll go with my friends :billie:

TMBT 3.22.11 // TBTWB 1.17.13 // ArtRAVE 6.3.14 // C2CT 5.28.15 // TJWT 8.13.17 // Chromatica World Tour 9.8.22
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Helxig
33 minutes ago, Flippy said:

I wish she would’ve done the surprise songs at my show :bradley: I need to go to the new concert! Most likely I’ll go with my friends :billie:

I wish she was bringing the Trilogy Tour here :selena:  but maybe she played some old fan favourites because she knew she wasn't bringing it here. Lucky you have friends to go with! Noone I know is a fan :selena:  especially not a big fan like me who wanted to be at the front and paid for early entrance tickets

OH I just remembered this! Her boyfriend Verde was there taking photos of her the whole time :fatcat:  he was on our side of the stage so literally just over the barricade. He's cute irl :ohwell:  and also William Blair Scott her hair stylist and her makeup artist were all chillin and singing along too. William is very :lolly:

So cute that her entourage still comes out to watch and enjoy the show

• Love 1

• 2 weeks later...
artdoll

Attention Crybabies!!

*If you wish to be removed or added to the taglist please quote me and let me know

!!! THIS IS NOT A DRILL !!! 

The music video for 'FAERIE SOIRÉE' will be officially released tomorrow February 9th, 2024 @ 1PM EST | 12PM CST | 10AM PST! :heart:

。゚☁ glued up, sometimes it's too much ☁ ゚。
  • YAAAS 1
  • Shook 3

Plastic Flower
7 minutes ago, artdoll said:

Attention Crybabies!!

*If you wish to be removed or added to the taglist please quote me and let me know

The music video for 'FAERIE SOIRÉE' will be officially released tomorrow February 9th, 2024 @ 1PM EST | 12PM CST | 10AM PST! :heart:

SLAY!!! 

Drop it
  • YAAAS 2

Helxig
3 hours ago, artdoll said:

Attention Crybabies!!

OMG WTF I WAS NOT PREPARED FOR THIS SURRISE DROP????

Are you telling me I've just been sitting around all day at work andh ome not even KNOWING that the Faerie Soiree MV was out!? sgkjSENgjkskglmaerklhmalhe

• YAAAS 1

Helxig
1 minute ago, Helxig said:

OMG WTF I WAS NOT PREPARED FOR THIS SURRISE DROP????

Are you telling me I've just been sitting around all day at work andh ome not even KNOWING that the Faerie Soiree MV was out!? sgkjSENgjkskglmaerklhmalhe

Wait I jumped the gun it's just the countdown lmaooo

See you all in 12 hours 

cry-cry2.gif

Now I have time to prepare myself

This is one I've been waiting for! I've loved this song for 2 years (don't do the math :ally:)

• Love 1

• 1 month later...
artdoll

Attention Crybabies!!

Melanie posts about writing music in Hawaii!

• YAAAS 2
  • Love 1
  • Shook 1

TheSine

So...how is everyone feeling about the perfume?

🖤Yiiking Out🖤
  • Love 1

artdoll
11 minutes ago, TheSine said:

So...how is everyone feeling about the perfume?

I love the design! I'm happy to see her doing fragrances again since it seems to be important to them. I'm also happy for everyone who gets to grab some for themselves. :vegas:

TheSine
9 minutes ago, artdoll said:

I love the design! I'm happy to see her doing fragrances again since it seems to be important to them. I'm also happy for everyone who gets to grab some for themselves. :vegas:

Me too. I'm just now taking a look at the parfums people brought themselves and part of me wishes it were an actual glass vial. It looks like something I'd chew on as a kid.:laughga:

🖤Yiiking Out🖤

artdoll
20 minutes ago, TheSine said:

Me too. I'm just now taking a look at the parfums people brought themselves and part of me wishes it were an actual glass vial. It looks like something I'd chew on as a kid.:laughga:

I guess it'd probably be too costly if it were made with actual glass (also very fragile cause it could break in transit perhaps?) -- It kind of looks like a hard candy so I kind of get what you mean! :ladyhaha:

PartySick
3 hours ago, artdoll said:

Attention Crybabies!!

Melanie posts about writing music in Hawaii!

Why does that person say she's making new music when Melanie said she's staying where she wrote songs for Portals? :laughga:

Two months until I see her :giveup:

💚
  • Love 1

Helxig

Happy Jonah Hill GIF

I actually guessed that she would have been filming more music videos in the downtime between tours, but this is good too :giveup: 

I think I will forever mourn the movie, but if we keep getting videos for every song it softens the blow. The Portals movie could become Melanie's ARTPOP Act II :laughga: 

• Like 1
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 1

artdoll
20 hours ago, Helxig said:

The Portals movie could become Melanie's ARTPOP Act II

K-12's original movie/script, Test Me music video & Play Date music video say hi! :selena:

• Like 2