💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
musician

Melanie Martinez

artdoll

Featured Posts

artdoll
10 minutes ago, Joshie S said:

I'm so down for a documentary so we can see her creative process.

Wish there wasn't as long of a gap between albums but hoping she might put out an EP between. 

Just like Gaga, I'll take quality over quantity. Doesn't mean the waiting gets any easier!!

100%! I loved seeing the behind the scenes footage of her creating K-12, hopefully we get something similar to that! :vegas:

I also agree with that sentiment. quality over quantity, I just wish the wait wasn't as long. I know she wants everything to be just right, and as she should. It's just that 4 years can seem rather daunting especially when the era seemingly lasts months after having waited, y'know, years.. :ladyhaha: :enigma:

Here's to hoping for M/V's, EP's & droplet singles to hold us off though! :party:

。゚☁ glued up, sometimes it's too much ☁ ゚。
  • Like 1

Helxig

Okay I'm all good with the 4 years between albums and movies and videos etc, because I understand that things take time (and her last albums were 4 years and 3 years between respectively. Excluding After School). But omg I could not work like her. FOUR albums planned out already? Four years apart? By the time I was getting to the album after Portals I would've thought of new ideas, gotten bored of the other three, and scrapped them :laughga:   it's a lot of commitment to decide how the next 16 years of your career will go ahead of time

But big YASS on the documentary!

I can tell that she's learnt to space things out to make the wait less difficult for fans. She's going to be touring and releasing MVs for the next year or two, and then the entire Portals movie, a documentary.. she might even release another EP like After School in between if we're lucky. It's not going to be four years of radio silence then BOOM new era, which is nice

But man I am so curious where the hell she's going after Portals, given that it's the last album with Crybaby. Is she going to be reincarnated and Melanie will create an entirely new character whose life we see unfold in another trilogy of albums/movies? We saw Crybaby's whole life until she died, now she's in between lives in Portals. It makes sense that it would pick up with the new incarnation

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.
  • Love 1

artdoll
8 hours ago, Helxig said:

Okay I'm all good with the 4 years between albums and movies and videos etc, because I understand that things take time (and her last albums were 4 years and 3 years between respectively. Excluding After School). But omg I could not work like her. FOUR albums planned out already? Four years apart? By the time I was getting to the album after Portals I would've thought of new ideas, gotten bored of the other three, and scrapped them :laughga:   it's a lot of commitment to decide how the next 16 years of your career will go ahead of time

But big YASS on the documentary!

I can tell that she's learnt to space things out to make the wait less difficult for fans. She's going to be touring and releasing MVs for the next year or two, and then the entire Portals movie, a documentary.. she might even release another EP like After School in between if we're lucky. It's not going to be four years of radio silence then BOOM new era, which is nice

Hopefully Melanie, her team & label recognize that it's not viable to go radio silent for 4 years and then just come out of the woodwork like "surprise, we've got music!" :air: 

I think when Mel gets inspired, she's determined to bring that inspiration and idea into reality. Which I love! The only downside however, the wait. It (understandably so) takes a lot time to bring these things into fruition due to how creative her world is. As we've seen in the past, Mel will go to the next level to bring those visuals to life, and that alone is super expensive and time consuming. :messga: But I 100% trust her vision and as we all know, she will deliver!

But, yeah! It'll be so much fun to see the rest of this era since she said the next part of the tour is going to have a lot more fun stuff planned! And let's not forget the PORTALS perfume(s) she's hinted at! :vegas:

8 hours ago, Helxig said:

But man I am so curious where the hell she's going after Portals, given that it's the last album with Crybaby. Is she going to be reincarnated and Melanie will create an entirely new character whose life we see unfold in another trilogy of albums/movies? We saw Crybaby's whole life until she died, now she's in between lives in Portals. It makes sense that it would pick up with the new incarnation

I have a theory that she might just drop the whole alter ego thing altogether, I think MM4 is definitely going to be more personal like Joanne was for Gaga. :lolly:

• 1 month later...
artdoll

Attention Crybabies!!

*If you wish to be removed or added to the taglist please quote me and let me know

Melanie announces new leg of the PORTALS tour!

Edited by artdoll
  • YAAAS 1

TortureMeOnReplay
On 8/30/2023 at 3:19 PM, artdoll said:

Attention Crybabies!!

*If you wish to be removed or added to the taglist please quote me and let me know

:selena:

But ....Melanie says she's trying to create a documentary-style project about the process that went into the creation of PORTALS!

seeing this a bit late but I don't see how having 16 years of your career can be conducive to one's creativity. I fully understand wanting to tell a story but I'd think that in that time you change a lot as a person and your story evolves. And your fans as well. If anything I'd hope she starts releasing singles one-off through the years so that it feels more like a continuous journey rather than a bunch of stop and go. 

• Thanks 1

artdoll

Attention Crybabies!!

Melanie's store updates with new merch including jewelry & shirts!

image.png

(*More on her website*)

:heart:

Melanie was seen in an airport in Mexico with a new haircut!

• Love 1

artdoll
On 10/14/2023 at 2:07 AM, TortureMeOnReplay said:

seeing this a bit late but I don't see how having 16 years of your career can be conducive to one's creativity. I fully understand wanting to tell a story but I'd think that in that time you change a lot as a person and your story evolves. And your fans as well. If anything I'd hope she starts releasing singles one-off through the years so that it feels more like a continuous journey rather than a bunch of stop and go. 

I think Melanie is just so dedicated to her craft that she will make sure to see it through even if it does take a long amount of time. She's very much quality over quantity even if it it makes the fans not so happy.. :selena:

• Thanks 1

Helxig
2 hours ago, artdoll said:

I think Melanie is just so dedicated to her craft that she will make sure to see it through even if it does take a long amount of time. She's very much quality over quantity even if it it makes the fans not so happy.. :selena:

Melanie when she makes her art at whatever pace she needs to and whoever likes it likes it and who ever doesn't doesn't

• LMAO 1

TortureMeOnReplay
5 hours ago, artdoll said:

2 hours ago, Helxig said:

Melanie when she makes her art at whatever pace she needs to and whoever likes it likes it and who ever doesn't doesn't

I definitely see your points and from an artistic standpoint she shouldn't care what fans think. But I personally feel like taking such a long time to do it, her ideas will change and the story will seem disjointed. If she sticks to her vision and she's happy with it, who am I to judge it? But realistically I feel like holding herself to that might not be healthy for her. 

• Love 1

Helxig
6 minutes ago, TortureMeOnReplay said:

I definitely see your points and from an artistic standpoint she shouldn't care what fans think. But I personally feel like taking such a long time to do it, her ideas will change and the story will seem disjointed. If she sticks to her vision and she's happy with it, who am I to judge it? But realistically I feel like holding herself to that might not be healthy for her. 

I know what you're talking about. I remember feeling the same way. How the hell could you come up with ideas, move on in your life, and then 2 years later still be working on those old ideas from 2 years ago. I was surprised to see in the behind the scenes  of K12 she was writing the songs while on the Crybaby tour. it was odd seeing her create a K12 melody while dressed and looking like the Crybaby aesthetic. I beleive that's also why the leaked K12 ceonceept photoshoot  was sooo different to the final result (much more Crybaby coded)

But what I've assumed is that her ideas do morph and change along with her.. and somehow she's okay with that :huntyga:  it would drive me crazy but I guess she doesn't mind. E.g. she wrote K12 while in the Crybaby era, then completely changed the aesthetic to match where she was in life when she finally got the funding and the project started. I'm guessing we're gonna see the Portals era morph slightly over the next couple of years.

It will be interesting what the final movie looks like when she finally gets it made. Probably the same universe but slightly different looking than the current aesthetic

• Love 2

• 2 weeks later...
artdoll

Attention Crybabies!!

Melanie posts a teaser for her upcoming Perfume on Instagram!

Instagram Post <

Edited by artdoll
  • Shook 1

TheSine
26 minutes ago, artdoll said:

Attention Crybabies!!

Melanie posts a teaser for her upcoming Perfume on Instagram!

Instagram Post <

Let's talk about what it's going to smell like. :partysick: I'm thinking a flowery scent.

🖤TheSine🖤
  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 1

artdoll
1 hour ago, TheSine said:

Let's talk about what it's going to smell like. :partysick: I'm thinking a flowery scent.

I wonder if it'll be as sweet as Cry Baby, who knows! There's many directions she can take with the concept of PORTALS when it comes to perfumes! :vegas:

TheSine
1 hour ago, artdoll said:

I wonder if it'll be as sweet as Cry Baby, who knows! There's many directions she can take with the concept of PORTALS when it comes to perfumes! :vegas:

Agreed because I'm wishing for a whimsical forest smelling perfume or another sweet scent like Cry Baby. :ladyhaha: I want to walk around smelling like an elf.

🖤TheSine🖤
  • YAAAS 2

• artdoll changed the title to Melanie Martinez