💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gagachella 2020

TEANUS

Featured Posts

TEANUS

What do you think Gaga’s “secret Coachella set” for 2020 was going to be like? How was it going to be pulled off? Was she going to be a surprise guest for Tchami or was she going to be announced later on for a full performance on one of the days? Also what would she have performed? I assume Chromatica tracks, but any classics? Would BLACKPINK, Elton, and/ or Ariana have showed up?

My thoughts are that Ariana would have showed up for ROM and Gaga probably would have done like Stupid Love, Free Woman, and 911. Or maybe it would have been a full set, if so this would have been sick:

1. Stupid Love

2. Born This Way

3. Free Woman

4. Just Dance / Poker Face / Telephone

5. Alejandro

6. Fun Tonight

——

7. Alice

8. Sour Candy

9. LoveGame

10. Judas

11. 911

——

12. Babylon

13. Bad Romance

14. Born This Way

15. Rain On Me (w/ Ariana)

——

16. Shallow

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

1. Chromatica 1 + Alice

2. Stupid Love

3. Just Dance

4. Sour Candy

5. Telephone (short)

————-

6. Chromatica 2 + 911

7. Paparazzi (Enigma Version)

8. Replay

9. Poker Face

———- 

10. Chromatica 3 + Sine From Above (shortened)

11. Applause (Shortened)

12. Shallow (Piano w/ Band)

13. Million Reasons (Piano)

14. Born This Way (Piano + Studio)

————

15. Bad Romance

16. Rain On Me

17. Babylon

This was the biggest loss from the Chramtica era :messga: (and as time went on, I really think it was the biggest thing they had planned for the era, that's why it was the only thing they mentioned :alsemanche:). 

Since it was supposed to happen around the original release day (april 10th), I think it was meant to be a way to premiere the album live. Maybe the setlist was going to be most of the album (maybe leaving Fun Tonight, SFA, 1000 Doves out) with her biggest hits: BR, PF, JD, Telephone, BTW, I dont think any Joanne track would've been included.

As the show, I imagine it was meant to be something like the VMAs performance, following the album aesthetic at the time. Maybe they even reused some of the props for that performance, the mannequins seemed like a reference to Plastic Doll. 

I'm still mourning the secret set, whatever it was meant to be, I'm sure it would've been iconic, hopefully she can make it happen for a future album. 

Its not a fedora u f*ck

3 minutes ago, catsounds said:

wait, what secret coachella set? :deadbanana:

She was supposed to have a secret set at Coachella for Chromatica's release, but naturally, it got cancelled with the whole festival for the beginning of the pandemic :franminervini:

Its not a fedora u f*ck

Cruelty

I believe she was due to debut 'Hold My Hand' at Coachella, not sure what the rest of the show would look like though.

Catnikko
3 minutes ago, LaFama said:

She was supposed to have a secret set at Coachella for Chromatica's release, but naturally, it got cancelled with the whole festival for the beginning of the pandemic :franminervini:

oh wow I don't remember the coachella part at all i'm shook

Dancing in the shadow of the meow

A lot of secret sets at Coachella happen after the headliner. I went once and I believe Future was a secret that year. I didn’t end up seeing him, but the only way I knew was because a random girl mentioned it next to me. It’s usually just word of mouth because it will happen at a smaller stage anyways. 

LilyLark
24 minutes ago, LaFama said:

This was the biggest loss from the Chramtica era :messga: (and as time went on, I really think it was the biggest thing they had planned for the era, that's why it was the only thing they mentioned :alsemanche:). 

Since it was supposed to happen around the original release day (april 10th), I think it was meant to be a way to premiere the album live. Maybe the setlist was going to be most of the album (maybe leaving Fun Tonight, SFA, 1000 Doves out) with her biggest hits: BR, PF, JD, Telephone, BTW, I dont think any Joanne track would've been included.

As the show, I imagine it was meant to be something like the VMAs performance, following the album aesthetic at the time. Maybe they even reused some of the props for that performance, the mannequins seemed like a reference to Plastic Doll. 

I'm still mourning the secret set, whatever it was meant to be, I'm sure it would've been iconic, hopefully she can make it happen for a future album. 

Secret/surprise shows seem like the new way of pushing albums....very few big artists do serious promo nowadays. But with a surprise set they don't have to deal with the traditional press, fans will eat it up if it is live streamed or filmed in a professional manner, etc.

*While I understand that artists shouldn't expect to have their ass*s kissed 24/7, music journalism has gone down the toilet and there is so much clickbait. I completely believe publicists are aware of it-because some journos act deranged on twitter (hell, that one screamed at the Grammys for Harry to get off the stage)-and have judged it as too risky for their clients...and I kind of feel like fans are going to be disappointed if they expect 2012-16 style promos anymore. I mean, look at how Ari, Bey, Taylor, Billie, etc. have all handled their recent releases. 

Archived