đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Which Era Was The Hardest To Say Goodbye To?

Space Cowboy

Which Era Was The Hardest To Say Goodbye To?  

197 members have voted

1. 1. Which Era Was The Hardest To Say Goodbye To?

Featured Posts

Cello
8 minutes ago, PartySick said:

:cryga:

A literal trauma :bradley:

For real

1_Screenshot-2022-09-18-at-095817.jpg

she/her 👹🖤 | 🚫Tabloid Junkie🎶

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Born This Way cuz it was the first time she really took an extended break. The streak from Just Dance to Marry the Night was rapidfire and exhilarating, song after song, video after video, she was everywhere, her performances were a spectacle, and she still so much mystery around her. This period was peak, quintessential Gaga, and I remember that it was very palpable toward the end (specifically the MTN era) that this insane run was coming to end and we'd be entering into an extended drought.

then everything that happened with AP, her announcing it with the intention of it coming out much earlier than it did, the concept changing, unfulfilled aspirations for the album, etc. was so chaotic in comparison to TF/TFM/BTW, which all came across as extremely organized and intentional.

even tho the gap between ARTPOP and Joanne was longer than between BTW and ARTPOP, it felt so so so much longer. idk, that specific wait between albums was so ****ing excruciating. it was super exciting, but also like holy **** when is this thing coming

Controversiaga

I think born this way due to the hip injury and tour cancellation , and ARTPOP as well, due to the whole era never being fully satisfying 

Pronounced like “Balenciaga” . Emphasis on the “Ga”

tomsches

On the one hand born this way cause it happened so quickly and out of nowhere and was followed by a blackout

and ARTPOP because we had such high expectations and there was so much potential but we all know how it went 

numb the flame

Personally, it’s Chromatica (and Joanne to an extent)
Chromatica helped me deal with my issues from October 2016, attending TCB felt like such a release and was the happiest weekend I’ve had in so long. I’ve bought so much merch, bought so many copies of Chromatica purely down to how much it helped me and my love for it. I’m still not over the era no matter how many droughts we went through etc. 

JWT getting cancelled the day before I was due to see her after everything I went through in October 2016 broke me for quite some time too. 

HeavyMetal Halcyon

I’m surprised at how many people said ARTPOP. The album was great, but due to how messy the rollout was I personally think it was the easiest to let go of. We got a ton of material and performances, and if I want to, I can go relive that era. I also felt the most unattached to Gaga at the time, especially coming off the born this way era where I was completely enthralled in everything she did and she helped me come out. I felt like it wasn’t as easy to brag about Gaga during the ARTPOP era as it was with other Eras. 

For the same and yet strangely opposite reason I would say Chromatica. It’s hard to explain but I feel like we only got a slice of the full picture, and I find myself really wishing there was more. It’s harder for me to admit that this is all we’ll get from Chromatica and we may not ever see a sine from above or plastic doll performance. It just feels…. Incomplete? 

I also recognize that due to the traumatic times of Chromatica,  (Personal AND global) I hyper fixated on the album quite a bit.

Modern Ecstasy2

Born This Way of course. I was at the last show and I knew it was over, you could just tell. I still remember the day she tweeted about everything that had been going on. It was rough times.

“Delete this thread that person is not Gaga he is a hot blonde twink”

InsomniaMonster69

Born this way cause it ended sudden and quick! 

Close Second is Chromatica cause I have the feeling that the concept had so much potential and I refuse to believe that we got everything they planned on

Space Cowboy
2 hours ago, Rahrahbitchson said:

For me it was ARTPOP because it was just such a mess, a true rollercoaster of emotions, first the 2nd single mess we didnt now if we were gonna get a Venus video and if they were gonna release the DWUW video, then we were being feed with some random looks every week or some random performance, when she release G.U.Y mv i really thought it was gonna be a hit but it wasnt, we all thought that the era was gonna continue but it didnt, i mean it was such a nightmare of an era it is really hard as a fan to even remember it, thats why i dont care that much of an ACT II

The era had so so much lost potential but it was def her labels fault that it never really took back off, they held her to an insane standard and as soon as she didn't meet it they doubted her star power. Have a look at this..

Space Cowboy
2 hours ago, robboadam said:

A Star Is Born. Honestly the only time Gaga has felt so relevant that my friends would be talking about her and saying how amazing she is.

In the UK she had the number #1 film, song and album at the same time, and it just felt like she was on top of the world.

Gaga said to Bradley that he 'brought her back to life' doing ASIB and I believe in many ways it did.

Smother Em Eh

Add a poll

I’m going to say ARTPOP tbh! 

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

Space Cowboy
2 hours ago, Butters Stotch said:

So my take is the ARTPOP era, it was sooo crazy, like all of a sudden we got no more promotion and the era was over and she moved on to the Cheek to Cheek era. That was wild.

That transition was effin crazy like ok now that your my fan here's some old ass jazz music and your gonna love it 

DO5aZDjV4AA_Djz.jpg

HeavyMetal Halcyon
7 minutes ago, Space Cowboy said:

The era had so so much lost potential but it was def her labels fault that it never really took back off, they held her to an insane standard and as soon as she didn't meet it they doubted her star power. Have a look at this..

Oh, I completely remember all of the “promised” video/app/music/singles/etc, and I recognize that it’s not her fault at all. I just think that’s why it was easier for me to let go of this era. It felt like there was no saving it after some time and Gaga needed to rest and regroup after the trauma she was experiencing. It was hard watching her struggle with ARTPOP if that makes more sense? 

Space Cowboy
2 hours ago, pachinko said:

No poll? :saladga:

11 minutes ago, Smother Em Eh said:

Add a poll

I’m going to say ARTPOP tbh! 

Y'all won..

Lady Gaga Vote GIF by Election 2020

Archived