💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Netflix anti-password rules were posted by mistake

COOOK

Featured Posts

NewYorkGirl

Literally one of the worst streaming platforms that just keep upping their price for mostly mediocre movies or shows that get cancelled after one season cause they didn’t smash. Maybe that’s actually why they’re losing subscriptions. The password sharing isn’t the problem tbh. 

My. Lawyer. Liked. That.

latina twilight

they're embarassing at this point

and any reason to why is it applicable on chile, costa rica and peru? not the wealthiest countries in the world

"YOU USED TO BE SO KIND, I NEVER KNEW YOU HAD SUCH A DIRRTY MIND".

Future Lovers

Maybe instead of cracking down on this non-issue they can just realize the same thing Disney+ and HBO Max did: the Main Event binge watch model doesn't work in the long run. 

Once people finish their show in a weekend, they cancel until the next season drops because there's no other supporting content they want. They get a rush of clicks when a big show drops that all die down once people see the whole thing at once. 

Going to a weekly episode release model + making the supporting shows that are secondary to the Main Event shows better quality will keep people subscribed for longer and more willing to pay a higher price. Look at how long Euphoria was the conversation. How The Mandalorian and the Marvel shows were getting discussed at length each week as people theorized about what came next. One episode a week is what keeps the content alive. Dropping it all at once forceably cuts off a show's immediate relevancy early, and when there's nothing else on the platform to make it worth sticking around until the next big show's season comes, that's suicide on their part. 

Password sharing is not losing them money. How they approach and release their content is. 

Economy
4 hours ago, Agunimon said:

lol. Good one. They saw the backlash and thought again.

Stupid backlash tho. I think it's a little entitled to think ur entitled to a service for free and that the company is somehow out of line for requiring u to subscribe urself :toofunny:

nightadieu
10 minutes ago, Economy said:

Stupid backlash tho. I think it's a little entitled to think ur entitled to a service for free and that the company is somehow out of line for requiring u to subscribe urself :toofunny:

my thoughts exactly when reading most of these comments here like do people expect to just get stuff for free? do they think having access to Netflix is some sort of fundamental right? :billie:

Economy
6 minutes ago, nightadieu said:

my thoughts exactly when reading most of these comments here like do people expect to just get stuff for free? do they think having access to Netflix is some sort of fundamental right? :billie:

I can understand the sentiment if u don't like capitalism for some fundamental human right like food. Like even tho it's how the world works, it's kind of messed up we have to rely on a system that to provide necessities like food, shelter (house building) and in some cases medical care etc there needs to be a profit motive in order to push for it

But an optional entertainment????? They don't owe u anything to have to provide u a service for free

On top of that it's not even expensive or overpriced. They have a lot of content for only like $20/month. And most years they ran losses cuz they trying to grow and compete for market share. They cannot be accused of price gouging like a company like apple that has an unusually high profit margin

Helxig

Ohhh yes... an error..

. Marvel Studios Reaction GIF by Disney+

Look at them backpeddling even before implementing the rules. It's clear the public backlash has changed their minds. Idiots

I'll be myself until they fĹŤcking close the coffin.

Economy
3 hours ago, Mr Mendes said:

Maybe instead of cracking down on this non-issue they can just realize the same thing Disney+ and HBO Max did: the Main Event binge watch model doesn't work in the long run. 

Once people finish their show in a weekend, they cancel until the next season drops because there's no other supporting content they want. They get a rush of clicks when a big show drops that all die down once people see the whole thing at once. 

Going to a weekly episode release model + making the supporting shows that are secondary to the Main Event shows better quality will keep people subscribed for longer and more willing to pay a higher price. Look at how long Euphoria was the conversation. How The Mandalorian and the Marvel shows were getting discussed at length each week as people theorized about what came next. One episode a week is what keeps the content alive. Dropping it all at once forceably cuts off a show's immediate relevancy early, and when there's nothing else on the platform to make it worth sticking around until the next big show's season comes, that's suicide on their part. 

Password sharing is not losing them money. How they approach and release their content is. 

I wouldn't go as far as saying it's a "non issue". Literally so many ppl do it

Reality

It's stupid that they thought those new rules were ok in the first place, but to say that posting them was an "error"? Like, how stupid do they think we are? :selena: 

🃏🖤👹

Future Lovers
1 hour ago, Economy said:

I wouldn't go as far as saying it's a "non issue". Literally so many ppl do it

Yes but in the wake of all of this fuss, there have been many, many sources that’ve done the math to show that it does not lose them money to the extent that they’re claiming it does. Not near enough to be the root of their financial issues like they’re making it out to be. 

RAMROD

Please, unless they say they will rethink this move, then it will come to us whether far or soon. Since they only say this rules already applied to fee LAT countries but didn't say they will not do it on another regions. This press is pointless 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Mistake? They could feel the anger of all the users even from their mansions and  peed in their pants :ladyhaha:

• COOOK changed the title to Netflix anti-password rules were posted by mistake

Archived