Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Doja Cat is our generation’s Madonna or Lady Gaga says her manager

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

Her manager, Gordon Dillard, says, “It’s a performance everywhere we are. If we pop up at a party, it’s a performance. If she goes and reads a book, I’m sure it’s gonna be a performance. That’s her personality. I think Doja is our generation’s Madonna or Lady Gaga, as far as her capabilities, and we’ve just scratched the surface. We are planning for the long haul, as far as her businesses, and as far as potentially joining the film and TV world. She’s done a little acting before” — his client dipped a toe in the water with a small role in an episode of the hip-hop comedy series “Dave” — “but we want to get into that more after she continues to mark the surface with the music. We’re always planning long-term and working our way backwards.”

Filmmaker Baz Luhrmann makes some of those same comparisons: “Look, when you rehearse with Madonna, it’s very hard to stop her from keeping rehearsing. When I went to see Doja rehearse for Coachella, I thought of that same work ethic. And then in terms of her look and her self-projection, if you think of Madonna in the early days, there’s no corner she wouldn’t go to, and I see that with Doja, who’s not going to be cowed by other people’s opinions or expectations.”

Looking back on the ways she’s grabbed the attention of pop culture as a hitmaker and sly fashionista since she broke through as a star with the No. 1 hit “Say So” just three years ago, it can almost feel as if she’s had as many looks and sounds in that short period as Madonna or Lady Gaga have in their entire careers.
source

Doja Cat for Variety Magazine

Doja-Cat-Variety-Cover-Grammys-FORWEB.jpFn5O4Q7XkAA9v5v?format=jpg&name=largeDoja-Cat-Full-2.jpgDoja-Cat-Full-3.jpgFn5PsrbXoAEtDAP?format=jpg&name=largeDoja-Cat-Full-1.jpgFn5PsrbXkA86vED?format=jpg&name=largeFn5OujzakAA-7RI?format=jpg&name=small

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

• Teletubby changed the title to Doja Cat is our generation’s Madonna or Lady Gaga says her manager
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hausofgay

She's extremely creative and talented. I'm very proud of her :ally: she's an amazing songwriter, producer, a fashion icon, director etc.

I can see why they comparing her to Gaga, especially the fashion part. She's putting up a look for every of her appearances with the matching wig etc just like Gaga did (and still does).

I really hope she's getting a #1 single and album with her new era. She could be a HUGE star if she's continues what she's started with Hot Pink

My pronouns are fâg/fâggot. If you don't accept it you're homophobic 🥴🥴🥴😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫

StarstruckIllusion

How is she on the lane to be queen of pop when she’s already abandoning pop on her next record 😭😭

edengowon

i definitely think she's there with image, fashion and creativity, but i would personally like to see a little more musical exploration as opposed to the same pop/pop-rap/r&b sounds. 

the artist formerly known as melancholia

SimonBaetens

Excuse me Lady Gaga and Madonna are very much of this ‘generation’, let’s break the narrative around replacing women once they reach a certain age.

Teletubby
2 minutes ago, Kimmo said:

Ava Max after reading the article:

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d79e99f55ca7efc517fb

Ava Max is our generation’s Ava Max
AM.gif&xs=1&xtz=300&xuuid=0ef266f86f15cf2dd2527ab9314164ba&xjsf=other_click__contextmenu%20[-1]

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

Rahrahbitchson

Off topic But Doja's legs are honestly goals 🔥

Quizás bastaba respirar, sólo respirar, muy lento...💙

freebit
9 minutes ago, SimonBaetens said:

Excuse me Lady Gaga and Madonna are very much of this ‘generation’, let’s break the narrative around replacing women once they reach a certain age.

I googled to see just how young her manager was, and lol, he's for sure a millenial if I'm being generous. Her manager should've just said "Gen Z's Madonna or Lady Gaga" instead of "our generation," like who is he trying to fool. :smh:

Smother Em Eh

Yes, I think she could have potential to be because she is serving pop bops, visuals, creativity and experimenting with different looks a lot like Madge and Gaga! I just wish she would dive into a new sound and album aesthetic. 

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

Roughhouse Dandy

I live for Doja and definitely see why the statement is being made but for the moment I think Gaga is still this generation's Gaga lol

This is my Hannah Montana™️ lipgloss.

Archived