Songs you didn’t know were Covers

Kimmo

Featured Posts

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oriane
1 hour ago, pop a 911 said:

I'm really surprised that you knew the cover over the original song.

The Simon and Garfunkel version has been used in so many things, including memes in the recent years, but even without that, it's way more famous than the other one.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

19 hours ago, RAMROD said:

That Crazy Frog song actually not original

Even the M&H is not the original song, the original is by Gershon Kingsley and was created in 1969

This is a remasterd version:

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

RAMROD
10 minutes ago, River said:

Even the M&H is not the original song, the original is by Gershon Kingsley and was created in 1969

This is a remasterd version:

Oh wow, This song got history :diane:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Just now, RAMROD said:

Oh wow, This song got history :diane:

yeah and it's still sounds so fresh and addicting :laughga:

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Head Empty
1 hour ago, Levine said:

^

You joking, right?

I am, but I saw genuine reactions like that when the Gimme Gimme Gimme cover was released :bradley:

Levine
3 hours ago, Why am I on GGD said:

I am, but I saw genuine reactions like that when the Gimme Gimme Gimme cover was released :bradley:

Aisddifokf oh ok, yeah I saw that too

Teletubby

2004:

2005:

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

StrawberryBlond

Tina Turner - Proud Mary. Originally by Creedance Clearwater Revival from 1969, it went through a further 2 covers by Solomon Burke and then Checkmates, Ltd. before being picked by Tina in 1971. I'd always just seen it as one of her most distinctive songs. And speaking of Tina Turner covers...

Tina Turner - The Best. Originally by Bonnie Tyler from 1988, Tina covered it just one year later and it became one of her most career-defining hits. This one blew my mind, honestly, I couldn't imagine anyone other than Tina singing it.

Bananarama - Venus. Originally by Shocking Blue from 1969, this fact was made clear to most of us when the original was featured on the tv show, The Queen's Gambit. And wow, this song was really ahead of its time. It sounds so 80's, to hear a more dated production on the original is so weird. It's also a very progressively sexual song for its time as well.

Paloma Faith - Never Tear Us Apart. Originally by INXS from 1988, I'd genuinely never heard this when Paloma covered it as it just sounded exactly like the kind of original song she'd make. And I have to say, I prefer her version so much more, the original is just kinda...there. Bishop Briggs also did an even more phenomenal cover for the Fifty Shades soundtrack that really upped the drama in the best possible way.

Oriane
29 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Tina Turner - Proud Mary. Originally by Creedance Clearwater Revival from 1969, it went through a further 2 covers by Solomon Burke and then Checkmates, Ltd. before being picked by Tina in 1971. I'd always just seen it as one of her most distinctive songs. And speaking of Tina Turner covers...

Bananarama - Venus. Originally by Shocking Blue from 1969, this fact was made clear to most of us when the original was featured on the tv show, The Queen's Gambit. And wow, this song was really ahead of its time. It sounds so 80's, to hear a more dated production on the original is so weird. It's also a very progressively sexual song for its time as well.

I guess I have to thank my parents for knowing about these ones!

I don't think I've ever heard Tina Turner's version but I heard CCR's song a lot, I think my dad was listening to it.

And Venus is used in the ads for the Venus razor, so everytime it was on TV, my mom would say excitedly that it was a song by Shocking Blue, she probably loved it when she was young. I think the ad's version is from Bananarama though.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

Dr Fudge

Literally this morning I just learned that Christina Aguilera’s 1999 single What A Gorl Wants is a cover of a French song from the year prior! Mind blown

Been a cuff touple, a puff bupple, a tough couple of years.

Archived