Economy 53,166 Posted January 2, 2023 Share Posted January 2, 2023 2 minutes ago, YouCanSitWithUs said: I mean....they need to bring back a new generation of Sim City but whoever has the rights to it doesn't really seem that interested in giving it a new vision right now. Sad. Because it was an epic game that somehow mixed chaos and immaturity into something that was smart and required you to think outside of your own little bubble. Yeah. But I had to cheat to have a great city in order to get around that tax glitch I dunno if u remember but as the city grew u had to keep lowering taxes all the way to level 1 in order for people to not complain and leave. And that's not realistic at all. As the city grows u need more revenue not less I had to accumulate a lot of cash early on but manually putting buildings and taxing the **** out of them and leave it running for hours and once I accumulated like $1 Billion I'd demolish everything and start over. That was my proper city and it had so much cash it like never ran out no matter my deficit Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
YouCanSitWithUs 394 Posted January 2, 2023 Share Posted January 2, 2023 1 minute ago, Economy said: Yeah. But I had to cheat to have a great city in order to get around that tax glitch I dunno if u remember but as the city grew u had to keep lowering taxes all the way to level 1 in order for people to not complain and leave. And that's not realistic at all. As the city grows u need more revenue not less I had to accumulate a lot of cash early on but manually putting buildings and taxing the **** out of them and leave it running for hours and once I accumulated like $1 Billion I'd demolish everything and start over. That was my proper city and it had so much cash it like never ran out no matter my deficit So basically the software engineer was definitely an Ayn Rand fan. lol. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
River 129,128 Posted January 2, 2023 Share Posted January 2, 2023 Linear meh, linear in 2023 is sucks, open world is much better So sploosh your juice all over me you Riverboy Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest Posted January 2, 2023 Share Posted January 2, 2023 1 trillion ... just imagine what could be done with such amount of money ... Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Debithius 6,070 Posted January 3, 2023 Share Posted January 3, 2023 This isn't news. We have known about this for at least over a year now if not more Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Andrea B 16,761 Posted January 3, 2023 Share Posted January 3, 2023 this is like the tren maya in México Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
gabeoz 7,915 Posted January 3, 2023 Share Posted January 3, 2023 On 1/2/2023 at 11:47 AM, Economy said: I don't think the government is purposely announcing projects it plans not to finish to keep relevance tho The Jeddah tower had reasons that got in the way. The government didn't just randomly decide it didn't want it anymore I know why it stopped being built, and that's the point. Absolutely none of it is economically viable, and it almost always leads to the development comapany(ies) failing half way through. And the saudi government knows that (its the same reason is why china has banned super tall skyscrapers), but it generates international attention and thats what matters to them. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
GregJA 5,650 Posted January 3, 2023 Share Posted January 3, 2023 This just seems like a nonsensical idea…. in every way possible Mr. No Award Winner 2020 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Economy 53,166 Posted January 3, 2023 Share Posted January 3, 2023 20 minutes ago, gabeoz said: I know why it stopped being built, and that's the point. Absolutely none of it is economically viable, and it almost always leads to the development comapany(ies) failing half way through. And the saudi government knows that (its the same reason is why china has banned super tall skyscrapers), but it generates international attention and thats what matters to them. They also cited covid But regardless of whether it made sense or not or who is trying to stop it wasn't my point. I was just saying I doubt it was the government's intention to purposely start projects they know won't finish which low-key ur wording sounded like that's what u were saying Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Featured Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.