💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
life

Madonna posts Bloody Mary remix

actsleazy

Featured Posts

Debithius
1 hour ago, Why am I on GGD said:

Exactly, this mistake gets made too often.

I once saw a comment on Cher's cover of "Gimme Gimme Gimme" saying that she copied Madonna :saladga:

Uncultured swines :bye:

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, M i K E Y said:

I am a Madonna fan too and this is unfortunately so true :toofunny:

many of them still hate Gaga because she CoPiEs Madonna but they stay silent when I tell them how Madonna copied Marilyn Monroe throughout the 80s 

And most people don’t realise that Hung Up going viral only helps ABBA more. Gimme Gimme Gimme has double the amount of streams as Hung Up.

SlaeUrAnus
1 hour ago, Meat said:

Madonna fans think she invented everything 

Most fans are in their 40’s so I would have thought they would be educated.

In my messy era.

Levine
2 hours ago, iamamiwhoami said:

Lol it’s actually Bloody Mary & Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! Not Bloody Mary & Hung Up :trollga:

Y'ALL KNOW what I think about Madonna lol but that part is in Hung Up, not in GGG. The "crescendo" part is actually in Hung Up, I don't if I explained myself well. 

Anderson123
7 hours ago, sillynate said:

If abba approved the Tokischa remix of hung up, this one should be easy :fan:

I don’t think they liked that because the sample is not on it. It’s something new + Madonna’s vocals only. 

Edit: Maybe Madonna and her team didn't even bother using the sample on it because it's just a remix and reggaeton influenced, it wouldn't have fit ABBA's sound.

5 hours ago, iamamiwhoami said:

Lol it’s actually Bloody Mary & Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! Not Bloody Mary & Hung Up :trollga:

It's actually Hung Up. You can hear from the bassline and percussion.

actsleazy
7 hours ago, Debithius said:

I would say Gaga x ABBA since Madonna sampled them :oops:

I would say they used the Hung Up instrumental :enigma: and not gimme gimme gimme’s 

💓💗💕💘💖💞💘💖💞💘💝💓💖💘💞💗💓💖

Future Lovers
8 hours ago, Debithius said:

I would say Gaga x ABBA since Madonna sampled them :oops:

It would still be Madonna because the sample is of the synth line but the beat underneath it is from Hung Up, not from Gimme Gimme Gimme. A sample does not negate the original production that surrounds a sample. 

Future Lovers
8 hours ago, Meat said:

Madonna fans think she invented everything 

There are some who'll take this position incorrectly yes, but it is not incorrect so say in this instance that this mashup is made of Bloody Mary and Hung Up. The only sample in Hung Up is the synth line, and that is featured here but the rest of the production around it is Stuart Price's work on Hung Up. They were not pulling stems from Gimme for this mashup, they pulled them from Hung Up hence Hung Up's bass line and build--neither of which are in Gimmie--being present here. 

Archived