• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• marrytheknight2012

• misanthrope

• TheProfessor

• Americano

Joe Matthews

You keep falling back into the generalization though. :( Her "fans" are fine. Some of her fans are crazy. There's nothing anyone can do about that, other than to be more educated that the acts of a few do not represent the majority.

Mhmm. That's why I'm saying she should address the issue with those particular fans. For example if she were to tweet "I do not condone any death threats or violent comments made towards Kelly Osbourne or any other celebrity. I would like to ask those involved to stop immediately." She wouldn't be agreeing with the generalization, yet still addressing the issue in a respectful manner. Instead, she went off writing an open letter commenting on Kelly's behavior as a person and as a celebrity.

Again, don't point fingers if 1) you're doing it at the wrong people and 2) if you can't be one to judge yourself (though I'm not getting into that argument again).

misanthrope

"I do not condone any death threats or violent comments made towards Kelly Osbourne or any other celebrity. I would like to ask those involved to stop immediately." nd

She did that with Adele. No one cared or gave her props for doing so. You obviously forgot about it.

Edited by misanthrope

nick4bty

OMG i think they re checking this thread i bet, laughting at the meltdowns lol :laughga::smh:

lol. They thought they'd give us a break from ARTPOP meltdowns with something new :lolgaga:

Joe Matthews

So does every pop star have an obligation to call out their fans the minute someone puts in a request?

Gaga DID address the issue with her fans, it's just she addressed Kelly's behavior too. Quite reasonable.

Not the ones who don't preach a message of love and acceptance towards their fanbase.

At the heart of it all, is there really anything wrong with what Gaga said in response to Kelly?

there's nothing inherently wrong with some of what she's saying (the "ignore criticism" comment is dumb) but i take issue with her finding the need to write something like that in response to sharon's original email. she comes across as weirdly naive regardless of how sincere it is because it's full of both judgement and criticism, something she's against without qualifying. and public celebrity diatribes are the most boring thing ever. completely self serving for both parties. Edited by garnite

TheProfessor

Mhmm. That's why I'm saying she should address the issue with those particular fans. For example if she were to tweet "I do not condone any death threats or violent comments made towards Kelly Osbourne or any other celebrity. I would like to ask those involved to stop immediately." She wouldn't be agreeing with the generalization, yet still addressing the issue in a respectful manner. Instead, she went off writing an open letter commenting on Kelly's behavior as a person and as a celebrity.

Again, don't point fingers if 1) you're doing it at the wrong people and 2) if you can't be one to judge yourself (though I'm not getting into that argument again).

its not like they all of a sudden will be good nice people, gaga cant do much there, she cant force them to change

I disagree. Thats teasing or taunting at most. Not bullying. Say I walk into the mall and someone screams *******...does it bother me, no. That is not bullying, thats just being foul. But if I go to work (if I wasnt a hotdog heiress and had to work) and everyday the person in the booth beside of me or cubicle calls me names and threatens me...thats bullying. There is a difference. lets not turn champagne into hot dog water.

In those examples...the show is closer your second one. They put down celebrities every day on their show. Its not like they do it rarely, the whole show is based on putting down people who dress bad. Those who they deem unworthy they bully.

When it comes to Gaga specifically, Joan calls her ugly everytime shes on the show and the rest of the group chuckles away.

Joe Matthews

She did that with Adele. No one cared or gave her props for doing so. You obviously forgot about it.

It's not about people caring or getting "props". It's about distancing yourself from that kind of behavior. The point of the message is not necessarily to get those people to stop, but to at least make sure you convey a message of compassion towards the situation Kelly is in.

its not like they all of a sudden will be good nice people, gaga cant do much there, she cant force them to change

It's not about people caring or getting "props". It's about distancing yourself from that kind of behavior. The point of the message is not necessarily to get those people to stop, but to at least make sure you convey a message of compassion towards the situation Kelly is in.

TheProfessor

lol. They thought they'd give us a break from ARTPOP meltdowns with something new :lolgaga:

:dies: were fighting and cutting each other and they drink wine while enjoing the cat fight :dead:

Not the ones who don't preach a message of love and acceptance towards their fanbase.

She tells her fans to be kind every freaking day....through twitter...on stage. What else do you want her to do? That is calling them out she does it all the time.

Joe Matthews

She tells her fans to be kind every freaking day....through twitter...on stage. What else do you want her to do? That is calling them out she does it all the time.

That approach has proven not to be effective. That's why I'm in favor of a more direct comment. :shrug:

TheProfessor

hasnt she done that her entire carrer though :shrug:

misanthrope

What im hearing is that the only thing that will temporarily appease you is if she types up a brand new statement directly to her fans. Which most likely won't change a thing but will make her look better in your and other peoples eyes. Then it will be forgotten and we'll be in this same predicament once again. I mean no one seems to remember her tweeting fans to stop being disrespectful towards Adele....you imply shes never directly told her fans to "stop it" when technically she has. And technically she sort of did in this letter....

Edited by misanthrope