💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
rumor

Dua Lipa’s father reportedly negotiated with Qatar World Cup organisers

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Sneaky Oliver

I think you guys skipped the text and are overreacting to the title. He did negotiate it in 2020! Many people didn’t even know Qatar was a thing before the World Cup hype let alone its  humanitarian issues 

Dua had just launched the Future Nostalgia era, ofc as a manager, getting her to perform in such a huge event would be the perfect idea 

I’m on my Legacy Act era

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Florian
3 hours ago, thisguyN said:

I never understand why would celebrities, artists etc. would appoint their family members as their managers, unless they are professionally qualified. It’s like sitting on a plane and asking your dad to be the pilot.

Because most of the time, managers will have the singer's BRAND interest in mind and not the singer themself. 

A pop artist is just like a big company and the role of the manager is to make it flourish. Some managers can go overboard and put the health of the singer at risk in their own interest (see Troy Carter and Lady Gaga).

Having your parent as manager assure you that 90% of the time, they will double check you because you're their child and they don't see you as a business venture

1 hour ago, Florian said:

Because most of the time, managers will have the singer's BRAND interest in mind and not the singer themself. 

A pop artist is just like a big company and the role of the manager is to make it flourish. Some managers can go overboard and put the health of the singer at risk in their own interest (see Troy Carter and Lady Gaga).

Having your parent as manager assure you that 90% of the time, they will double check you because you're their child and they don't see you as a business venture

Well that is the manager’s job to create and manage the artist’s brand. It’s sad if some go overboard and in those cases artists should have the power to say no, and have a good support system around. It’s like picking the right employee. It can be more comfortable and maybe ‘fun’ to have a family member or a close friend as the manager, and great if it works out. But usually there is a good reason why people should separate professional and personal relations. When lines get blurred, the brand’s productivity and quality go down. I see many such cases (be it a popstar or friend-/family-run businesses) that lose appeal due to yes-sayers, personal conflicts and insufficient expertise.

JustJames
1 hour ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

I think you guys skipped the text and are overreacting to the title. He did negotiate it in 2020! Many people didn’t even know Qatar was a thing before the World Cup hype let alone its  humanitarian issues 

Dua had just launched the Future Nostalgia era, ofc as a manager, getting her to perform in such a huge event would be the perfect idea 

Lol, seriously? Anyone who didn't know "Qatar was a thing" were ignorant. Qatar was selected as host in 2010, so there was plenty of time to read up on its many issues before 2020 as its selection was controversial from the start. 1 simple Google search brings up several articles, incl. this one from 2013, which notes gay, human, and workers rights issues: https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1575977-world-cup-what-were-fifa-thinking-when-they-awarded-finals-to-qatar-for-2022

That's the short answer as "Qatar was a thing" way before this bid. Regardless, people need to be consistent. Dua, an adult Pop star in 2020, and her father - owner of a successful media / marketing agency - come from an area of the world ripe with its own sensitive cultural issues. They're 2 of the last people who deserve an excuse of not knowing "Qatar was a thing." 

Mr. Lipa doesn't get paid to do Google searches... he gets paid (big bucks) to find out the smallest issues that could end up damaging his clients' brands and reputations.

Now, if they can do business and the GP are none the wiser, they (celebrities, the rich, etc.) will always be all for it; a country like Qatar would've never been able to put out a bid if it weren't the case. Stop making such bad excuses for them.

15 hours ago, Mother of Puppies said:

Ps: and of course it's usually meant to be "for us" like my dad always wants to act in my best interest as any father would. It's not to harm us. Dua's father obviously didn't wanna harm the career of his daughter. He just wanted to get a great deal, but didn't think about it further. 

7 hours ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

He explained pretty clearly that Qatar did not meet the pledges and was hopeful they would. If anyone was deceitful it’s Qatar for making fake promises.

"This was in early 2021, at a time when Qatar had made several pledges to reform their labour laws & make amends to their human rights record."

Florian
On 12/4/2022 at 3:18 PM, thisguyN said:

Well that is the manager’s job to create and manage the artist’s brand. It’s sad if some go overboard and in those cases artists should have the power to say no, and have a good support system around. It’s like picking the right employee. It can be more comfortable and maybe ‘fun’ to have a family member or a close friend as the manager, and great if it works out. But usually there is a good reason why people should separate professional and personal relations. When lines get blurred, the brand’s productivity and quality go down. I see many such cases (be it a popstar or friend-/family-run businesses) that lose appeal due to yes-sayers, personal conflicts and insufficient expertise.

Not everyone want to go bigger or be more "productive" at all costs. At that level of fame and wealth I totally understand people trying to work in a sane environment rather than being overworked or exploited

TylerMedeiros
On 12/4/2022 at 3:03 AM, Oriane said:

Parents managing their children is such a bad thing. I see so many people being influenced/pressured by their parents for the smallest things to the biggest life decisions. And parents always do stuff in the back assuming it's what their children need even without asking. Being managers gives them the power to do all this stuff and you should avoid that.

I agree. However, I trust my father. He’s the best guy I know 🥺😅❤️

YEET

Archived