Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Telephone doesn’t belong on TFM

Controversiaga

Featured Posts

Controversiaga

Imo, the song is so out of place and kinda ruins the flow of the album, both lyrically, conceptually, and sonically.

the song was written way before Gaga came up with the idea of releasing an EP about fear and darkness.  As we all know, it was originally written for Britney Spears, and tbh, compared to the rest of the songs on TFM, it definitely sounds like a generic pop track that any MPG could’ve sang.

Every other song on TFM has poetic and provoking lyrics, whereas Telephones lyrics are super straightforward and shallow.

I know Gaga claimed the song to be about her fear of suffocation/inability to be independent and free - but I feel it was just a solid dance track, rejected by Britney, they decided to throw onto TFM and claim it fits into TFM’s concept of fears.

It is by far the most lighthearted and not dark track on the album, and in my honest opinion, I don’t think it belongs there.  Maybe on one of her happier albums like TF, AP, or Chromatica, but certainly not TFM.

ok prove me wrong ! :coffee:

Pronounced like “Balenciaga” . Emphasis on the “Ga”

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, RihBeyGa said:

ok prove me wrong ! :coffee:

You're wrong.

Law Lawyer GIF

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Controversiaga
2 minutes ago, River said:

You're wrong.

Law Lawyer GIF

Say Word Lol GIF by Desus & Mero

I love Telephone! It has that quality that a lot of my favourite Gaga songs have where it sounds like it's going to come off the rails any moment. Its dense, baroque, intricate and ornate soundscape is classically Gaga, pointing towards where she was headed with Born This Way, and it's stuffed full of really good Gaga hooks. I don't see it as a song that could have come from anyone else.

And I feel like it sits really nicely in TFM's tracklisting. It provides such a fun, exciting rush in the second half in the midst of some quite doomy, gothic sounds.

holy scheisse

Disagree. Also telephone /SHICD work well together chronologically. Telephone is angry/desperate/needing space, wanting to go out and let loose away from this person she wants to escape from. And then she gets that space and is feeling ethereal and vibing in the club SHICD lol.

RodeckDanny

Then So Happy I Could Die doesn't fit either. 

Listen to my debut pop single 'Want You Bad'! (link on Insta)

Cello

Enough of the Telephone slander on this site, enough!! 

screaming ilana glazer GIF by Broad City

she/her 👹🖤 | 🚫Tabloid Junkie🎶

Controversiaga
2 minutes ago, RodeckDanny said:

No, it does fit.  It has poetic lyrics and truly fits the theme of the album both conceptually and sonically.

Gagaism

She was so famous and busy dancing that she didn’t wanted to pick up the phone, how that doesn’t fit the album? :enigma:

Defmix100
19 minutes ago, RodeckDanny said:

was it written for someone else or before TFM? I've never actually heard of any details with the making of this song

rinasawachanta

I think I learned to appreciate it over time. It's certainly not part of my top Gaga songs but I think it's a hit, it's catchy and what she achieved with the video is incredible (the video is part of my top). I think that through the video Gaga managed to give it that dark subtext that runs through the whole album, achieving the perfect mix between sexuality, grotesque, gothic and pop art that characterizes her artistry and especially TFM.

Archived