💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Sam Smith about people messing up their pronouns

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Rocketno10
2 hours ago, PartySick said:

Just a reminder that mistakes happen but intentionally misgendering someone or using the wrong pronouns on purpose etc etc will be warned :laughga:

If you can't respect queer people then you really should reconsider whose fansite you're on :fan:

Promise I did not do my previous post on purpose:messga:idk what happened (cry)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cameltoe Chariot

Always respect pronouns!

...Buuut that being said I think it's so funny how this keeps happening, where people make their entire personality online about correcting and policing pronouns of celebrities they'll never even meet... and then that celebrity says in an interview that incorrect pronouns isn't that big of a deal to them lmao

The flat-out WARS I've seen on GGD over Sam's pronouns and here they are saying "meh, just try" :ladyhaha:

PartySick
47 minutes ago, Cameltoe Chariot said:

Always respect pronouns!

...Buuut that being said I think it's so funny how this keeps happening, where people make their entire personality online about correcting and policing pronouns of celebrities they'll never even meet... and then that celebrity says in an interview that incorrect pronouns isn't that big of a deal to them lmao

The flat-out WARS I've seen on GGD over Sam's pronouns and here they are saying "meh, just try" :ladyhaha:

It's less about if we offend a celebrity and more about showing acceptance and tolerance for any gender queer members here :lolly:

đŸ–€

PartySick
1 hour ago, HausOfAntonio said:

Well it kind of does because in Portuguese for example there is no way of referring to a noun without using a gendered pronoun
 people love contorting the language and saying its possible but realistically it’s impossible to expect the entire population to learn a completely new vocabulary to refer to a relatively quite small group of people. 

It isn't though :lolly:

It doesn't matter how small a minority is, when they ask for something as simple as "refer to me with these words please" then the people that say no are the weird ones.

I'm sure genderqueer Portuguese speakers can find a way that makes them feel validated and kind people will respect it, unkind people will hate.

I don't think the argument has ever been "let's make gender neutral pronouns common knowledge". It's "when I correct you with my pronouns, please use them, even if you never have before". It's not difficult.

đŸ–€

1 hour ago, Joshie said:

Because unfortunately society over time has given objects, hobbies, colours, clothing, hair cuts, you name it, genders. They’ve binaryized everything. And thus people that don’t identify with gender as a construct, nor societal norms, are breaking free. They do not fit the narrative of what we’ve been told is male/female.

And I guess it’s all a spectrum, some people just do not want to identify with male or female. And that’s their right. 

I'm still learning too and I am no expert. The best people to ask why they are “non binary” are they, themselves. That’s the best way to learn. I do understand where your coming from though because it’s almost like, if nothing had a binary to begin with, if two polar ends never existed - would non-binary exist?

Whatever it is I respect it and would never go out of my way to insult someone or be unkind, thanks for ur answer 

HausOfAntonio
23 minutes ago, PartySick said:

It isn't though :lolly:

It doesn't matter how small a minority is, when they ask for something as simple as "refer to me with these words please" then the people that say no are the weird ones.

I'm sure genderqueer Portuguese speakers can find a way that makes them feel validated and kind people will respect it, unkind people will hate.

I don't think the argument has ever been "let's make gender neutral pronouns common knowledge". It's "when I correct you with my pronouns, please use them, even if you never have before". It's not difficult.

I didn’t say it wasn’t POSSIBLE, just not realistic. Especially in a country as homophobic as Brazil. And its not just the pronouns, its the endings of most nouns and then every other word that refers to that noun - the letter a for feminine and o for masculine. What is often proposed is to replace these letters with an x, making the words unpronounceable, or with an e, turning many words into other words. How are you supposed to navigate that, realistically?

Debithius

Uhm....y'all are really coming for Sam Smith when he said something sensible? It's like a lot of people here take what he says out of context on purpose.

Mr Ricky

I'm going to be honest, but I keep making the same mistakes.. I keep forgetting calling someone by their pronouns. Usually non-binary though. :deadbanana: 

I'm definitely not used to it and it feels weird using the pronounce in a certain sentence. Because it doesn't feel "human" to call someone "they/them" when they are just one person. :deadbanana: 

I'm trying :bradley:

Crossfit

1 hour ago, Cameltoe Chariot said:

GGD has a big smugness problem :ally: If anyone has an opportunity to correct someone else and feel :zilla:~*~very smart*~*~:zilla: they will take it. Quoting other ppl on GGD and correcting them with a sassy emoji (not even using any words) is not about doing the right thing as much as it's about being right. 

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with BrianđŸŽș and SteveđŸŽ·

Cameltoe Chariot
16 minutes ago, JazzGa said:

GGD has a big smugness problem :ally: If anyone has an opportunity to correct someone else and feel :zilla:~*~very smart*~*~:zilla: they will take it. Quoting other ppl on GGD and correcting them with a sassy emoji (not even using any words) is not about doing the right thing as much as it's about being right. 

Exactly, couldn't say it better myself! It's very obvious that for some it's less about making a more inclusive space and more about making sure everyone can see that they're DoInG tHe RiGhT THiNg and shaming someone else for being less aware :bear:

Anyway... don't want to derail the thread. Use preferred pronouns people, and don't be a **** about it when someone messes up! :lolly:

EDIT: ...today I learned GGD censors the work d*ck :diane:

Blackout19
3 hours ago, HausOfAntonio said:

Well it kind of does because in Portuguese for example there is no way of referring to a noun without using a gendered pronoun
 people love contorting the language and saying its possible but realistically it’s impossible to expect the entire population to learn a completely new vocabulary to refer to a relatively quite small group of people. 

True

Marilyn Monroe is my best friend.

Rocketno10
7 hours ago, Lady JarJar said:

I hope you get what you deserve :bear:

:messga:I did

but so you know I seriously did not do it on purpose, my brain short fused. I’m sorry

Moonlight on Water
3 minutes ago, Rocketno10 said:

:messga:I did

but so you know I seriously did not do it on purpose, my brain short fused. I’m sorry

learn from it :kara:

she/her

Archived