• Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, The BPD Monster said:

They both look so much alike 😭 the magic of fillers

They have the exact same doctor btw :river:

moonsago
3 hours ago, Aurajandro said:

maybe the trend now is to look like East Asian:sis:

Except it’s not. If you’re talking about the Ariana situation for example, people have been getting the so called ponytail eye lift for years now, before it was even called the Bella Hadid ponytail eye lift. Why do people see things happening simultaneously and assume that they are connected? It’s dangerous. Asian artists start getting in the western mainstream and also people getting eyebrow lifts and everybody just assumes that they are connected and create a fictional narrative that is very dangerous. As well as the whole ‘trying to look like black women’ narrative, it can stand true in some cases I am more than sure, but at the same time, this feels like the evolution of the bimbo look which has been around for many decades and has nothing to do with trying to look black. Extreme tanning, huge implants and lip fillers was what used to be the bimbo look until 10 years ago when it seems like the idea of having a huge behind has also been added. Nobody looks like these women, not even black women, with their perfectly sculpted extreme tiny waists and ONLY huge chests and butts while the rest is still skinny... they look more like cartoon characters than real people. People just jumped on assuming that it must be about trying to blackfish in EVERY situation in which somebody gets these operations done. Not to mention how this stereotypes black women, they don’t all look the same. In fact most don’t have accentuated curves and also get surgery to achieve this look, and if we go that far, other races also present more voluptuous bodies, it’s not exclusive to just one. But most definitely not like those of these operated girls regardless. Looking at something just from one single perspective while not taking in consideration the other things going on gives you a narrow minded point of view that is not only possibly untrue, but can be very hurtful to the mentioned people. I believe both or more situations can be true, but that’s just my take. 

Healed My Heart
2 hours ago, HausOfAntonio said:

I still can’t blame her for what those people do to themselves though? Like we can’t expect her not to do what she wants to HER body because she has some sort of a sphere of influence.

And I’m far from a Kardashian apologist - if we want to cancel her let it be for her disproportionate impact on the environment, not her body ffs :saladga:

This is fair. I hear you. It's not a hill I'm willing to die on, just unfortunate how much things like this end up having an impact on young impressionable people.

She/her 💗💜💙

3 hours ago, HausOfAntonio said:

How is it promotional? Are people really that critically incapacitated to be THAT influenced by a single person’s body? That’s literally their own fault then… wouldn’t wanna be them. Plus, ALL I’ve seen is people being critical of her, not glorifying her for losing weight. 

I’m only talking about her actions lol whether it works or not is something else but she’s absolutely promoting this **** when she says stuff like that. All the sisters promote crash dieting and other dysmorphic crap lol stepping out and saying you starved yourself to fit into a dress that doesn’t fit you and then how worth it (essentially) that was bc of how glamorous it was is promoting the bad behavior lol 

what I will say regarding your last point is that her fans are not on Gagadaily :laughga: but I’ve heard firsthand of women who talk so low of themselves for not looking like Kim be it face, lips, brows, hair, waist, ass, ANYTHING. Her influence over beauty standards is TREMENDOUS even to those that aren’t a fan of hers directly

ProfessionalClown

I’m thinking she removed her implants because was def letting her fillers and such dissolve out. If she’s happy and wants to do this, good for her

HausOfAntonio
30 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

I’m only talking about her actions lol whether it works or not is something else but she’s absolutely promoting this **** when she says stuff like that. All the sisters promote crash dieting and other dysmorphic crap lol stepping out and saying you starved yourself to fit into a dress that doesn’t fit you and then how worth it (essentially) that was bc of how glamorous it was is promoting the bad behavior lol 

what I will say regarding your last point is that her fans are not on Gagadaily :laughga: but I’ve heard firsthand of women who talk so low of themselves for not looking like Kim be it face, lips, brows, hair, waist, ass, ANYTHING. Her influence over beauty standards is TREMENDOUS even to those that aren’t a fan of hers directly

I know she’s extremely influential, i think the bottom line though is how much of a shame it is that people are so wildly impressionable by celebrities and the beauty standards they set. But its not their fault imo. Especially not when grown ass adults are out there turning themselves inside out to look like them. Lets hold celebrities accountable for a million other things before their bodies. 

Catnikko

wtf even are most of the responses in this thread :billie: based on 2 badly pasted together pics, I have second hand embarrassment  

Actual patient

moonsago
1 hour ago, Ziggy said:

Since when does somebody doing something = promote said thing? ( regarding the starving incident ). I think we don’t know what ‘promoting’ is anymore. Somebody’s decision to do something, good or bad does not mean they promote that thing unless they say that that’s what they do. The rest is your interpretation for which you are at fault. Somebody’s simple existence the way they want to exist does not = promoting anything either.

Also, WE make these celebrities the beauty standard. When did Kim step out and say ‘this is the new look’? We put them on that paddle stool and give them the title and then it’s also us blaming them for being the beauty standard we made out of them. These women being insecure about their looks and comparing themselves to Kim is their personal problem. Like how is this not obvious? It’s because it’s easier to always blame somebody else for our shortcomings. ‘Well it’s Kim that promotes unrealistic body standards, it’s not that I am insecure and unhappy with myself and decided to compare myself to somebody that simply did whatever they felt like doing with THEIR body’. I think it’s time we take responsibility for the way we view ourselves and the pressures WE put on celebrities to be what we want them to be. Impressionable teens are also not Kim’s problem for example. Should she stop living the way she wants because parents fail to teach their children to be their own people that make decisions for themselves based on what THEY believe is right and true to them? The problem is not what other people do with their lives, the problem is that we are an insecure society. We keep missing the mark. Kim starting to live the way you all want her to won’t fix anybody’s insecurities, it just won’t poke at them, but they will still be there. The problem is not other people, the problem is ourselves. 

moonsago
1 hour ago, HausOfAntonio said:

I know she’s extremely influential, i think the bottom line though is how much of a shame it is that people are so wildly impressionable by celebrities and the beauty standards they set. But its not their fault imo. Especially not when grown ass adults are out there turning themselves inside out to look like them. Lets hold celebrities accountable for a million other things before their bodies. 

It’s easier to blame other people than to realize that the problem is you. We are an insecure society that creates beauty ideals of other people and then also blame them for being it. We constantly nitpick at the way other people live and how ‘wrong’ it is when the only thing that is wrong is that we look too much at the way others live. We should be teaching our children to be their own people, to make decisions based on what feels true to them, but why when it’s easier to constantly be revolted that strangers don’t take responsibility for the things we should as parents and guardians. Kim is my child’s nanny, she needs to be a good example cause I can’t bother as a parent. Cardi B should censor herself, it’s not like it’s my responsibility what my child watches. My shortcomings are other people’s fault. It’s sad. Because it’s hard to face ourselves we bully others into appeasing our insecurities and living the way we want them to or else it offends us. 

HausOfAntonio
31 minutes ago, moonsago said:

It’s easier to blame other people than to realize that the problem is you. We are an insecure society that creates beauty ideals of other people and then also blame them for being it. We constantly nitpick at the way other people live and how ‘wrong’ it is when the only thing that is wrong is that we look too much at the way others live. We should be teaching our children to be their own people, to make decisions based on what feels true to them, but why when it’s easier to constantly be revolted that strangers don’t take responsibility for the things we should as parents and guardians. Kim is my child’s nanny, she needs to be a good example cause I can’t bother as a parent. Cardi B should censor herself, it’s not like it’s my responsibility what my child watches. My shortcomings are other people’s fault. It’s sad. Because it’s hard to face ourselves we bully others into appeasing our insecurities and living the way we want them to or else it offends us. 

Sad Oprah Winfrey GIF Tea. 

57 minutes ago, moonsago said:

Since when does somebody doing something = promote said thing? ( regarding the starving incident ). I think we don’t know what ‘promoting’ is anymore. Somebody’s decision to do something, good or bad does not mean they promote that thing unless they say that that’s what they do. The rest is your interpretation for which you are at fault. Somebody’s simple existence the way they want to exist does not = promoting anything either.

Also, WE make these celebrities the beauty standard. When did Kim step out and say ‘this is the new look’? We put them on that paddle stool and give them the title and then it’s also us blaming them for being the beauty standard we made out of them. These women being insecure about their looks and comparing themselves to Kim is their personal problem. Like how is this not obvious? It’s because it’s easier to always blame somebody else for our shortcomings. ‘Well it’s Kim that promotes unrealistic body standards, it’s not that I am insecure and unhappy with myself and decided to compare myself to somebody that simply did whatever they felt like doing with THEIR body’. I think it’s time we take responsibility for the way we view ourselves and the pressures WE put on celebrities to be what we want them to be. Impressionable teens are also not Kim’s problem for example. Should she stop living the way she wants because parents fail to teach their children to be their own people that make decisions for themselves based on what THEY believe is right and true to them? The problem is not what other people do with their lives, the problem is that we are an insecure society. We keep missing the mark. Kim starting to live the way you all want her to won’t fix anybody’s insecurities, it just won’t poke at them, but they will still be there. The problem is not other people, the problem is ourselves. 

Lmao going and talking to the media about how you starved yourself is absolutely promoting said starvation stop being obtuse for the sake of taking an alt stance

ALGAYDO
7 hours ago, blackpink said:

who knew on a LADY GAGA forum there would be judgemental comments shaming a woman for her body and the decisions she makes with it :yennefer: 

regardless of what you think of kim it’s gross. if this was about gaga im pretty sure some of the responses in here would be different 

It’s almost as if people don’t like Kim promoting unhealthily beauty standards/means of attaining such standards that do negatively affect young girls. Crazy. 

Archived