Gam

Featured Posts

Economy
9 minutes ago, Gam said:

Ikr! Glad I live in a country where those aren't a problem :messga:

Those legs.... 

Sad Broken Heart GIF by Lindsay Lohan

UK doesn't have centipedes? Lucky!!!

Here in Canada almost every basement will have them time to time. Older homes sometimes will have them frequently if they aren't well sealed. So nasty :sick:

StrawberryBlond

I read "kms" as "kiss my ass" at first! :smh:

I've been lucky never to deal with them because I live in the UK but the stories my cousin told when she went over to Lanzerote were skin-crawling. The apartments she was holidaying in weren't properly sealed to keep them out (it's to do with the draining system as well as when I went to Malaga, I didn't see a single one because of the drainage system, apparently). She and her friend would get multiple cans of cockroach killer spray to deal with them. Shockingly, they went to bed after spraying the sheets and pillows with it in case any crawled onto their beds in the night. That blew my mind with how stupid it was. I don't think she realised that they could cause harm to themselves by doing that and other people were going to use those sheets afterwards. Well, they woke up in the morning, her eyes flicker open and there's a tiny spider on her pillow (she doesn't like spiders either but she'd take them over a cockroach) and because her mind was so focused on roaches, she thought it was one. She screamed bloody murder and jumped out her bed. She screamed so loud and so terrifying that a man in the opposite apartment actually came running over and was pounding at the door, thinking someone was being murdered. So, they went home and they both developed a bit of a cough, my cousin's faded pretty quickly but her friend's remained for weeks. Eventually, she went to the doctor but for some reason didn't think to mention the spray she'd been using recently. The doctor wondered why her cough was so bad, particularly when she found out that she wasn't a smoker. It was only when she started asking if she'd been inhaling any chemicals that the whole story came out. The doctor sat there open-mouthed and then said "You know you're only supposed to spray that stuff once every 6 months!" and she responded "We were going through near enough an entire can per day!" :omg: Thankfully, her cough did clear up and she's totally fine now (she recovered from thyroid cancer last year but I don't think that was anything to do with it) but it could've been disastrous.

Moral of the story - always read the label regarding usage on these aerosols and always wear a mask, keep windows open and leave the area for as long as you can afterwards.

huttont

My first apartment had roaches. They were small and mostly came over from our neighbors. But one day I looked over and one was sitting on my arm. I looked like that man and slapped that thing so hard.

Our landlord didn’t believe us that we had roaches and made us catch one to prove it and he got pest control 

Archived