💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
rumor

Original Chromatica Ball theme

The BPD Monster

Featured Posts

The BPD Monster
4 minutes ago, high culture said:

Ok but I'm mad they didn't have that shirt in Chicago bc I probably would've gotten it. The merch situation has been so messy for this tour

All of this and you're fighting over a shirt is so funny sorry 😭 but honestly the merch sucks and i think it's because she changed the whole thing last minute. Everything was rushed

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The BPD Monster
2 minutes ago, chromaticainmyhead said:

maybe this was planned for the Coachella show?

The brutal aesthetic? Maybe. But i didn't see anyone mentioning it 

chromaticainmyhead
2 minutes ago, The BPD Monster said:

The brutal aesthetic? Maybe. But i didn't see anyone mentioning it 

The jungle one. I don't know why exactly but to me the concept we got for the tour seemed to be really well thought out and not rushed at all. :) Coachella was supposed to be a surprise performance and it was scheduled in the midst of the heavy promotion where everything was colourful and very in the world of Chromatica.. that concept fits more to a festival and the brutalism is perfect as a tour concept that rounds up the album experience really well

fan-tas-tique, chic, freak, slaaaay

The BPD Monster
1 minute ago, chromaticainmyhead said:

The jungle one. I don't know why exactly but to me the concept we got for the tour seemed to be really well thought out and not rushed at all. :) Coachella was supposed to be a surprise performance and it was scheduled in the midst of the heavy promotion where everything was colourful and very in the world of Chromatica.. that concept fits more to a festival and the brutalism is perfect as a tour concept that rounds up the album experience really well

Nope. Believe me if it was for Coachella dot would've mentioned it. Also she rehearsed so hard over and over again so it explains why the show doesn't seem rushed but the merch actually seems to be rushed. Some items getting added later and the shirts being so simplistic 

Mother of Puppies

I know why she scrapped the jungle/nature theme.... it's for her next album. :ally: She's been talking a lot about "nature" and this kinda stuff in 2020/21 during the pandemic.

I just saw an interview and she said the most beautiful thing in the world is "nature" :vegas:

Spoiler

take this with a grain of salt pls

salt salting GIF

Call me LADY MOP & I'll mop the floor with you đŸ§č

The BPD Monster
6 minutes ago, Mother of Puppies said:

I know why she scrapped the jungle/nature theme.... it's for her next album. :ally: She's been talking a lot about "nature" and this kinda stuff in 2020/21 during the pandemic.

I just saw an interview and she said the most beautiful thing in the world is "nature" :vegas:

Hide contents

take this with a grain of salt pls

salt salting GIF

Maybe she saved it for her next era who knows. But i think ga is the kind of artist that never looks back at the old stuff/scrapped projects. Btw i just realized that poetic interlude might be from the og theme. 

Mother of Puppies
13 hours ago, The BPD Monster said:

Maybe she saved it for her next era who knows. But i think ga is the kind of artist that never looks back at the old stuff/scrapped projects. Btw i just realized that poetic interlude might be from the og theme. 

but she never released any of it and maybe she "saved" it for her next era... like we didn't know she had already recorded all of the jazz songs in 2018 and released it 3 years later...

and I'm pretty sure she has already written (and maybe recorded) songs during the pandemic... and I could see her writing about different things in her next album... about nature, love and stuff like that.

Maybe the interlude with the flowers was a hint at the next era... and the interlude with the poem was a hint at the Joker movie

I'm probably just delusional and quite frankly I was never right about the next thing Gaga does. :billie: She always surprises me (which is what I ****ing love about her) and she does the exact opposite of what people believe her to do lol

Call me LADY MOP & I'll mop the floor with you đŸ§č

RichAssPiss

Honestly, I wish so badly she could go back and retool Chromatica's visuals. An emotionally bare, sparse aesthetic with the theme of confessional lyrics over dance beats is such a great way to progress lyrically while still delivering the sonic profile fans wanted. The 911 video and Chromatica Ball feel taken from a different Chromatica altogether. The whole hot pink sci-fi alien planet concept was a rehash and a regressive approach instead of pushing her to the next level she's at now. Imagine if Chromatica launched now with the 911 video first. The narrative would have been "Gaga's back on her art ****" and not the bland BTW redux that Stupid Love ushered in. 

Cameltoe Chariot
6 minutes ago, RichAssPiss said:

Honestly, I wish so badly she could go back and retool Chromatica's visuals. An emotionally bare, sparse aesthetic with the theme of confessional lyrics over dance beats is such a great way to progress lyrically while still delivering the sonic profile fans wanted. The 911 video and Chromatica Ball feel taken from a different Chromatica altogether. The whole hot pink sci-fi alien planet concept was a rehash and a regressive approach instead of pushing her to the next level she's at now. Imagine if Chromatica launched now with the 911 video first. The narrative would have been "Gaga's back on her art ****" and not the bland BTW redux that Stupid Love ushered in. 

I feel like that aesthetic you're talking about ONLY exists in the Stupid Love video. The actual album art really matches The Chromatica Ball:

EZCeQ2OU8AAA-7-.jpg

019227356943192c25b462f754a9deff.jpg

e6bcc4ce58665a3aa515e66b27114aec.jpg

lalalandgroup-73526-w1500-h1000-q90-rz3-b75.jpg

Even the album cover is brutalist + HR Giger:

LG6_COVER_DIGITAL2%202.jpg

monstrosity

I’m more of a brutalist wh*re than a nature sl*t I’m fine with what we had but slay nonetheless 

1 hour ago, HeavyMetal Halcyon said:

I'm not convinced that the current tour now fits more with the theme of Chromatica. 

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the current tour, but from interviews in 2020, gaga talks a lot about Nature, and dancing joyfully through pain, and recognizing different colors in people. 

In the paper magazine interview, she said she has a new appreciation for the power of nature over technology. 

The Chromatica ball now is more introspective. It's dark, cold, and monotone. Nothing like the album. 

I fully agree across the board. While I enjoyed the show, it felt a bit rushed. From the lack of merch options, to the extremely bare B stage, to the out of place bug outfit. 
Visually it does not complement the album at all, and even the name Chromatica implies color rather than the minimal color pallet we ended up with, which is more BTW. 

This feels more like a legacy show like Enigma with greatest hits plus some new tracks. IMO this would be a good setup for Vegas and the original theme should have been the actual tour. It just seems so disconnected from both the album and remix album. Also the lack of special guests while having multiple collabs on the album is a total missed opportunity and 100% doable for someone if her caliber. BLACKPINK would most likely jump at the chance to perform on stage with her. 

Cameltoe Chariot
2 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

Here we go, Monsters and their « original » imaginary concepts :saladga:

It's like clockwork I swear :sis:

I feel like the brutalist stage fits quite well with the futuristic sci-fi theme Chromatica had going on... only darker. More Brave New World rather than K!nDneSs P*nKz vibes she had going on around Stupid Love (and thank god for that :bear:)

That being said, I cannot see how she's not going to be inspired by the joy she gets out of being the avantgarde popstar with perplexing imagery during the Chromatica Ball, let alone the Joker role (and maybe a sequel?) that she's been gunning for. 

Get in loser we're going to discover the Art of Darkness once again! :firega:

Black Friday Reaction GIF

Archived