Will the Chromatica Ball be filmed?

whoresup

Featured Posts

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NATAH
1 hour ago, TimotheeChalamet said:

Yes, of course. Also it's a very long work to do so props to him but sometimes his videos put me off

i remember one of the btwb videos had a lot of interview dialogue or kept cutting from the performance to an interview and it was really annoying :selena:

mother, what must i do?

gaga4lifer

we want full dvd's of everything ugh

Ora et labora, Deus adest sine mora

VeguisLG
On 8/13/2022 at 8:32 PM, Tinnitus15 said:

Yes.London’s second night had cameras in the seating areas,not used for the screens 

were you there? tell us more :enigma:

monketsharona

Honestly she should have filmed the Paris show. It was her biggest crowd ever and the ambience was just perfect. The crowd was totally going crazy + a lot of sing along moments.

Juanlittlem
1 minute ago, monketsharona said:

Honestly she should have filmed the Paris show. It was her biggest crowd ever and the ambience was just perfect. The crowd was totally going crazy + a lot of sing along moments.

I do have the feeling she's gonna mix all the dates or something. That ending in Paris where she came back just to do the Paws Up pose at the door and her standing there for 20 seconds screams ending of a DVD.

Locked in a basement again?! / I ❤️ Teletubby.

Tinnitus15
43 minutes ago, VeguisLG said:

were you there? tell us more :enigma:

Yeah while I was entering the stadium I saw them in the seated area.

Starmie25

If she doesn't film the 2 Tokyo dates then one of y'all better go there with your tripod lol.

monstertoronto
On 8/13/2022 at 12:48 PM, KORG said:

From a fan standpoint. From a business standpoint you put out merch when your publicity peaks, which would be the case I'd the original rollout had taken place. 

Theyre not gonna put money into making and releasing a tour dvd for a tour that didn't even visit many countries. That'd be a financial mistake.

Except that this tour made international headlines with rave reviews everywhere including rolling stone and mainstream press and there has been a lot of buzz and attention. The fact that it didn’t go to many cities could be used as a selling point because many people who weren’t able to attend are very interested in watching a quality production of it beyond fan cam YouTube videos. 

HIM820
On 8/13/2022 at 3:07 PM, KORG said:

In the business world. They're unlikely to invest into making a tour dvd as some kind of gift. They've pretty much done that with Dawn of Chromatica & the Japanese release. 

Return on investment.

They also (live nation & interscope) don't want this era dragging out past its sellby date causing overexposure like we got with the flow from TMB>BTWB which lead directly to the ARTPOP appetite not being there.

It's not so much "why not" and it's more "why bother?".

I don’t want to say you’re entirely wrong here but the label does not think of things in terms of “oh chromatica era is over, pack it up” Yes, possibly with MVs and promotion of singles especially to playlists/radio, but documenting and filming a successful tour does not fall into that promotion any longer. They’d be instead promoting her live performances (buy a ticket to a different show in Vegas) and showing off the best asset these pop stars produce: huge tours. Gaga makes no where near as much money releasing an album as she does touring. Business wise, it would be smart to promote it from that angle. Plus it has never hurt an artist to have an HBO or streaming release ticket sales wise. If anything it makes people want to see them live. 

When it comes to overexposure, Gaga smartly pivoted to actress, which nobody ever points out helps her in the GP view when it comes to her music. The public doesn’t have one perception of her anymore, so that is way less of a threat to her than it used to be. 

• 2 weeks later...
Delulu Rogers

I can’t believe ppl on here are saying that the reason they wouldn’t release it is because it won’t make them money. 

Gaga is more than rich enough to not be affected if there is no return on releasing a Netflix special or something. Inteescope would also not be against filming the tour. It would make no sense. In any case it promotes gaga as a performer and ppl would want to see her, so it would def serve a lucrative purpose. 

It’s also nice to have official documentation of this amazing tour and it blows my mind that gaga is okay with that not happening. If this tour isn’t filmed it would be a huge disappointment and there is no excuse to not film it other than she just doesn’t want to. It’s a shame cause given the limited dates and lack of content for the era, you would think filming this tour would be a priority. 

TimotheeChalamet
7 minutes ago, Delulu Rogers said:

I can’t believe ppl on here are saying that the reason they wouldn’t release it is because it won’t make them money. 

Gaga is more than rich enough to not be affected if there is no return on releasing a Netflix special or something. Inteescope would also not be against filming the tour. It would make no sense. In any case it promotes gaga as a performer and ppl would want to see her, so it would def serve a lucrative purpose. 

It’s also nice to have official documentation of this amazing tour and it blows my mind that gaga is okay with that not happening. If this tour isn’t filmed it would be a huge disappointment and there is no excuse to nit film it other than she just doesn’t want to. It’s a shame cause given the limited dates and lack of content for the era, you would think filming this tour would be a priority. 

Honestly, it's more a priority for the fans. As you said, she is more than rich enough

• 2 weeks later...

Archived