💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Monica Lewinsky asks Beyoncé to REMOVE her name!

En_Sabah_Nur

Featured Posts

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
bionic

the BEYONCE album is all about feminism thru and thru, yet this lyric reduced monica to a sex act that monica now views as coming from a dubious consent relationship. 

not sure how i feel about editing almost decade old tracks at this point tho, rather than re-educating and learning

buy bionic

weed

I think Monica has her right but I also think.. it’s a little late. I’m not sure if she was fighting against it back then, probably was taken aback, but idk… 

MANiCURE 6

This new "change the lyrics" movement is gonna be a pure mess in a few months I think.. No artist will be safe lmao :enigma:

Edonis

I'm sorry but I don't think there's much merit to this. Like I could get the ableist slur, and even the crediting controversy, but this? Hmmm.

BlingNotTheMusic

It also doesn't make sense lmao. Monica Lewinskied all on my gown like ... You mean Bill Clintoned all on my gown? Sis wyd :billie:

Chlorine Sevigny

Beyoncé doesn’t mention her in a derogatory way.

Does Monica regret getting skeeted on by Bill, after all this time? Seems like that’s her issue. 

DiamondHeart326

I'm done with this ****. Especially the lizzo and beyonce spazz gate incidents. I understand the real sentiment behind that word but in America I don't think a single person who says that word is using it as a slur but as the slang definition it has held for 20 plus years now, I know a billion ppl had to look up the other definition of what that word meant to understand this scandal. It's just PC is getting out of control and pretty soon nobody will be able to speak without being cancelled.  I just can't anymore. And Monica is more than entitled to feel this way but we're talking about a decades old scandal that was totally unfair for her but unfortunately it happened and just like Watergate and all the countless other events of such nature this is just a part of pop culture now and whether you like it or not people are going to talk about it. They're going to talk about us all. No one will ever remember you for the 900 billion great things you do or did they'll always focus on that one stupid ****up you made. It's how you move on that counts and imo Monica has done that so well and gracefully I don't think she needs to even be addressing it in any context anymore. Sorry if I offended anyone, it's just my opinion and I'm absolutely no one so no need for offense. 

Original Diva
39 minutes ago, MANiCURE 6 said:

This new "change the lyrics" movement is gonna be a pure mess in a few months I think.. No artist will be safe lmao :enigma:

I think Born This Way will be next...

excuse me no

Robo Ga

It’s so interesting how streaming is a technological development allowing all music to essentially be changed at any time which is completely new to society. I feel like people haven’t fully grasped the actual effect this will have. Music has gone from a snapshot of a certain time, to now an ever-evolving product. The huge benefits of that come with some negative consequences, as it tends to happen with major tech advancements over time.

That being said, I do believe Monica has every right to be pissed about the lyric and that she is exposing some hypocrisy here for sure. If I was her I would probably have said the same thing. But I just think we can’t start changing every single problematic lyric from the past… it will legit never end. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

🤖⚡️

badfaith

Next Headline: Gaga's teeth is now asking to be removed from her mouth :billie:

tumblr_mkscomuEDu1s9zno7o1_1280.gif

Archived