Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

What if Gaga did a residency at the new MSG Sphere?

GypsyVida

Featured Posts

GypsyVida

The MSG Sphere, a new 17,500 capacity theatre-style arena is set to open next year in Las Vegas, with U2 being the inaugural performers. The one-of-a-kind venue will boast the largest and highest resolution LED screen in the world. The screen will start at the floor at the back of the stage and wrap up and around the back of the audience almost 300 feet in the air. There will be 164,000 speakers that deliver sound through the floor boards. The outside of the venue will feature programmable lighting to light up the night sky and make the sphere shine.

MSG-Sphere-at-The-Venetion-2019-billboar

A cross-section view of the arena

U2 is confirmed to be the first performers at the venue in 2023. They will play multiple concerts but we are not sure of the number of concerts.

What would you guys think if Gaga announced a new residency at the MSG Sphere (located at The Venetian)? I'm talking hypothetical here, or far within the future because we know that Gaga plans to return to Dolby Live at Park MGM in 2023 with a new show that isn't Enigma.

I think if she did do this, it would be great for her health. Let's be honest here. Gaga wouldn't be able to sell out multiple nights a week in Vegas at a 17,500 capacity venue, nor would very many other artists. The only ones I could see doing this are U2. The schedule I'd see as most realistic is one show every first Friday or Saturday of each month, with an extra show or two around Christmas/New Years. AKA one show a month with two or three more around the end of the year. I could see a 4 or 5 year (48-60 show) contract with MSG/Venetian. This schedule would allow her to sell out easily and also keep her fibromyalgia in check.

636537027522770497-Inside-Out-Capture.jp

A rendering of the exterior lights of the arena

As for a concept for the show, the screen would play a huge part in the show, as that's the main feature of the venue. I could see a show with imagery of space, or maybe a rainforest or city. The possibilities are endless, really.

Stream COWBOY CARTER

RAMROD

Do you mean a new contract with Venetian after she finishes with MGM? :oprah:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ WUMBOLOGY! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Lukas96

That venue sounds SICK. And it makes sense U2 would open it, they kinda pioneered the modern non conventional stages (look at the 360° tour).

I could see a revamped pop show for Gaga working there... but a residence with that kind of capacity sounds hard to maintain. Enigma had a capacity of around 5K, the run would have to be almost 4 times shorter in dates to get the same audience/show ratio. I could see it as a very limited engagement (let's remember it's Vegas, attendance would not be the same than a tour)

GypsyVida
1 minute ago, RAMROD said:

Do you mean a new contract with Venetian after she finishes with MGM? :oprah:

Yep

Stream COWBOY CARTER

GypsyVida
2 minutes ago, Lukas96 said:

That venue sounds SICK. And it makes sense U2 would open it, they kinda pioneered the modern non conventional stages (look at the 360° tour).

I could see a revamped pop show for Gaga working there... but a residence with that kind of capacity sounds hard to maintain. Enigma had a capacity of around 5K, the run would have to be almost 4 times shorter in dates to get the same audience/show ratio. 

I suggested a once a month timeline for Gaga.

Ex:

Jan 4, 2025

Feb 1, 2025

Mar 1, 2025

Apr 5, 2025

May 3, 2025

Jun 7, 2025

Jul 5, 2025

Aug 2, 2025

Sep 6, 2025

Oct 4, 2025

Nov 1, 2025

Dec 6, 2025

Dec 27, 2025

Dec 31, 2025

A once a month (first Saturday of every month) basis with 2 extra show around Christmas/New Years (Vegas' busiest time of the year).

Stream COWBOY CARTER

Lukas96
7 minutes ago, GypsyVida said:

I suggested a once a month timeline for Gaga.

Ex:

Jan 4, 2025

Feb 1, 2025

Mar 1, 2025

Apr 5, 2025

May 3, 2025

Jun 7, 2025

Jul 5, 2025

Aug 2, 2025

Sep 6, 2025

Oct 4, 2025

Nov 1, 2025

Dec 6, 2025

Dec 27, 2025

Dec 31, 2025

A once a month (first Saturday of every month) basis with 2 extra show around Christmas/New Years (Vegas' busiest time of the year).

That could actually work and would give her time to freely pursue her acting career at the same time and to keep a healthy work / rest schedule.

Wow, imagine that but a stadium.

I actually think month-long residencies should be the norm for touring.

5-10 shows per month, Vegas, NYC, Cali, UK, Paris, Sydney etc etc. Stay in each venue for a month or 2 weeks if densely populated. Announce first and last performance dates & fill in the blanks with demand.

But forget my thoughts, that venue is amazing.

monstertoronto

I had the exact same thought when I read that U2 was doing a residency there. Gaga is such a visual performer. With that much screen area to fill up think of the things she could create there. I hope something like that happens. 

GypsyVida
2 hours ago, Lukas96 said:

That could actually work and would give her time to freely pursue her acting career at the same time and to keep a healthy work / rest schedule.

Exactly

Stream COWBOY CARTER

Lukas96
3 hours ago, KORG said:

Wow, imagine that but a stadium.

I actually think month-long residencies should be the norm for touring.

5-10 shows per month, Vegas, NYC, Cali, UK, Paris, Sydney etc etc. Stay in each venue for a month or 2 weeks if densely populated. Announce first and last performance dates & fill in the blanks with demand.

But forget my thoughts, that venue is amazing.

that's basically what Coldplay is doing in Brazil and Argentina

Archived