💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Reason why Gaga does not do many music videos anymore

dit

Featured Posts

TheFriend

But you can have nice music videos without spending too much budget. There are many aspiring talented new directors/crew there :enigma:

I do believe music videos are still important. I always appreciate a song more after watching the music video.

It's like saying, why does she have to record an album when she can just sing it live anyway :ally:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorcerer

There is barely any groundbreaking and expensive music videos this 2020s decade. YouTube views are not even that much of a factor anymore. Kpop stans are the only ones obsessed with music video views nowadays.

And knowing Gaga, she spends so much time conceptualizing her music videos with the costumes and all. It's just costly. It's not like she hires almost her entire label to make her videos like in KPop.

John Wayne music video was released after her SuperBowl right? It was a surprise for her fans, like thanking them. Also, Joanne WDYTYG music video was another random choice for a mv, but felt like a great closing for the Joanne era, a homage. My point is that if Gaga really wants it, and there's budget, then i feel that she will be supported and it will happen. For Chromatica, i feel that Gaga has a lot going on than ever. Personal, business, film, philanthropy, music. She's doing a balancing act for all these. 

I still hope for a music video for Chromatica, even if it is not a single. Even if it is not Replay, Babylon nor Sour Candy. A music video that closes the era and tells us her state of mind. Just like what the ball is starting to show us, a story of journey to healing. I say Free Woman ( better if with Rina). 

Auralegends
1 hour ago, julz said:

John Wayne music video was released after her SuperBowl right? It was a surprise for her fans, like thanking them. Also, Joanne WDYTYG music video was another random choice for a mv, but felt like a great closing for the Joanne era, a homage. My point is that if Gaga really wants it, and there's budget, then i feel that she will be supported and it will happen. For Chromatica, i feel that Gaga has a lot going on than ever. Personal, business, film, philanthropy, music. She's doing a balancing act for all these. 

I still hope for a music video for Chromatica, even if it is not a single. Even if it is not Replay, Babylon nor Sour Candy. A music video that closes the era and tells us her state of mind. Just like what the ball is starting to show us, a story of journey to healing. I say Free Woman ( better if with Rina). 

911 was also a bit of a surprise MV

Bella Goth

because "they" didn't care about the art itself anymore. what ever story, visual an artist deliver, "they" only care about likes and numbers.

JustTea

Sour Candy MV would've easily generated more $$$ than its cost. :messga:

Also MV's in the long run generate more than enough money and count as sales for songs/albums... :nails:

Suspiria
4 hours ago, BehindTheAura12 said:

I think it's more the fact that the music video is a declining format and most artists nowadays make less music videos than they did in the early 2010s 

Didn't Charli and Rosalía both do like 6 or 7  music videos for their albums.

I lost track of how many the Weeknd and Dua Lipa did for their eras. And Justin Bieber's done a tonne of videos the oast couple years too.

Anderson123
10 hours ago, Edonis said:

A lot of it has to do with budgets and how much funding the label has allocated for an era. 

This. Someone like Billie Eilish who is a new artist and just sweeped at the Grammys got to make 7 music videos for the next album. At this point in her career she got to make whatever she wanted without their involvement because of how much they trust her vision.

Then we also have someone like Madonna who is a legend in the music industry and obviously not the queen of streaming but still got the freedom to make some music videos for Madame X. Dark Ballet and Batuka are not exactly radio friendly or single material but she made music videos for these because she wanted to tell a story. And she said she wanted more but that was the end of the budget.

I think it also depends on the artist. Sometimes they want to use the budget on this or someone like Gaga maybe doesn't think it's worth "wasting" money on that. Or could be that she was going through hell during ARTPOP, didn't think Joanne needed more than 4 music videos and the pandemic obviously affected the whole Chromatica plans.

AteezOfficial
8 hours ago, Sorceress said:

There is barely any groundbreaking and expensive music videos this 2020s decade. YouTube views are not even that much of a factor anymore. Kpop stans are the only ones obsessed with music video views nowadays.

And knowing Gaga, she spends so much time conceptualizing her music videos with the costumes and all. It's just costly. It's not like she hires almost her entire label to make her videos like in KPop.

Because kpop is doing what gaga wished she did with concept albums. They are world building and each album is a story. Like ateez for example. They're the pirate kings lol. Their concept is pirates. Kpop is just doing more interesting things. But I sure do love the chromatica ball before anyone calls me a Hater or whatever 

Nathan
9 hours ago, AteezOfficial said:

If you want more artist content...go elsewhere. 

100% this, we are all here just for ‘clean artistry’ :billie:  

Dojo
11 hours ago, dit said:

"omg this could have easily been translated into music video format".

iconic behaviour :bon:

hieronymus
9 hours ago, AteezOfficial said:

If you want more artist content...go elsewhere. 

Cringe Reaction GIF

it's like kpop fans were scientifically engineered to be as grating as possible. Absolutely no subtlety or shame.

AteezOfficial
7 minutes ago, Hold My Ham said:

Cringe Reaction GIF

it's like kpop fans were scientifically engineered to be as grating as possible. Absolutely no subtlety or shame.

For telling people that if they aren't happy with how American pop is...go find new music and explore stuff? Okay. Stay listening to the same thing when you're 50 then. That sounds boring. 

8 hours ago, Sorceress said:

This! Gaga, as a western artist, is also not hot for music videos anymore because everybody has been doing her artistically, controversy-stirring MVs in the late 2000s and early 2010s. Think Lil Nas X with MONTERO or Taylor Swift with Bad Blood. The MV is the main source of promotional buzz.

The audiences who care about music videos are mostly the ones who care about 'upping' the value of production. Think K-pop, music from Latin countries, Bollywood, and music from the developing nations. We are all trying to catch up to something the west needs no proving themselves anymore.

hieronymus
1 minute ago, AteezOfficial said:

For telling people that if they aren't happy with how American pop is...go find new music and explore stuff? Okay. Stay listening to the same thing when you're 50 then. That sounds boring. 

No, it's everything you say here. Literally every time I see you in a thread you're just trying to hock other bands. The Kpop industry is the McDonald's of the music world.

Archived