💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

Beyoncé - Break My Soul

Teletubby

Featured Posts

This is fun! perfect for summer, a great lead up to experiencing Chromatica opening night in Dusseldorf, so I'm here for it. 90s house vibes are in for this years releases and between this and Drake, I'm happy! Fun Beyonce is always good! We've experienced her deep experimentation on Lemonade and Lion King, so this is a welcome return. It's giving me Destiny's Child vibes with the backing vocals, and slight Chromatica vibes. I'm sure the album will have even better tracks, she won't let us down, but this is a great start.

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply
weed

I love the instrumental the most, the rest is all okay. the lyrics could be better

rinasawachanta

The best part was Big Freedia. Once again, Gaga setting trends, even with her supposedly "less shocking" albums (Joanne at the time and now Chromatica). The saddest part? That critics are going to be brought to their knees by this lackluster version of what Gaga did two years ago. And what's even worse? That her fans are unable to see it and praise Beyoncé's 'novelty' losing sight of who really started this trend.

LilyLark
23 minutes ago, 3l3ctrar3x said:

I definitely understand your perspective. I think it just goes back to our cultures and communities, and how we perceive certain genres from them. 

I think for Chromatica, Gaga was referencing European house from the early-mid 90’s (besides Babylon), where I think that Beyonce is legitimately trying to recreate the original sound. The Big Freedia verse is pure late 80’s NYC ballroom.

Again, not trying to speed negativity and I apologize that I was! Just wanted to maybe educate a little. No harsh feelings! :)

God I love Big Freedia. She's always fire imo.,,,

I'm curious if Bey did end up working with Kaytranada (the rumor was he was one of the producers).

HausOfAntonio

Thank God she’s venturing into this territory - I’m biased since its what I enjoy listening to but definitely sounds like something I’ll go back to!

3l3ctrar3x
3 minutes ago, LilyLark said:

God I love Big Freedia. She's always fire imo.,,,

I'm curious if Bey did end up working with Kaytranada (the rumor was he was one of the producers).

Right? She always delivers so hard. And GOD I hope so.
But…Kaytranada, Big Freedia and Beyonce on the same song???? A homo can only dream 😭

I know that Honey Dijon will be on it though! She made one of the best remixes for Chromatica imo

https://youtu.be/_UlqHrfrIX4

erfaan

It feels a little soulless and generic? I can't see myself going back to this one a lot 

Dojo

slapping HARDER than the little earthquake we just had here fr

and i just love big freedia's vocals, put them everywheeree mawma 👏🏻👏🏻

Regina George
21 minutes ago, BehindTheAura12 said:

Well for one the source is the SUN… which… lol but let’s assume it’s true - I think you’re confusing the statement in the article (where it says that she was inspired to create more upbeat, feel-good music) with what we’re saying, which is that she was directly musically inspired by/is similar to gaga or dua, which if you hear any dua song or any song from chromatica the similarities are minimal at best and at worst nonexistent lol. i mean look at the post… above me! “we love free woman”? I understand your point but I think you’re ignoring the fact that most people genuinely do not understand bey’s musical inspirations and the history behind them and actually think she’s ripping off gaga lol

Sun broke the news about Gaga dropping SL before any other news outlet, Sun broke the news about MANY Dua releases, Sun broke the news about ABBAs new album and hologram concert, Sun broke the news about Britney’s book,…. It’s mind blowing how y’all still think they are unreliable but okay. Also I’m just stating that it was written in an article by a close source that actually ended up being real. Should we call people stupid/dumb because of saying she was inspired by someone? Not so kindness punk of y’all.. As for people saying she ripped off Gaga or Dua or whatever - they are straight up delusional and it’s not worth arguing with them. 

skaxboy

I like it! The chorus is repetitive (“Hold my hand oh my, hold my hand my hand yay”) but it’s got great elements to it. 

Reminds me of an upbeat “Show Me Love” by Robin S. That song is one of the most iconic from that era so it’s pretty noticeable but I love that era. We had a station called Z95.7 that used to play all of these songs lol. 

Anyways, Gaga should release a remastered version of the Free Woman demo since this style of dance pop is perfect. 

LilyLark
53 minutes ago, 3l3ctrar3x said:

I’m just saying that I find it very interesting that people are completely hating on this song when Free Woman and Sour Candy have a very similar baseline and production. It just seems like this fan base will only praise the white artists that do these genres and don’t acknowledge the community and artists that created it. 

Just my two cents.

Very much agree. Edited: It's kind of wild people don't know House's origins in Black music in the 80s of NYC. 

That said, my take is Sour Candy is one of Gag's weakest songs of all time. I like the Bey track the more I listen to it, but I think the issue with it is what I have with a lot of contemporary house tracks (and I like house, but contemporary house is not always my favorite)...they tend to use the same samples (Sour Candy is also guilty of this) & they tend to either be overly long/short. What happened to tracks there were like 3 minutes and 20 seconds lol?

I actually think Kaytranada (I mentioned him in a different post) is really one of the best at contemporary house...his sound is always fresh and he manages to blend genres in a really seamless, beautiful way. So I'm hoping the rumor is true that he's a producer on Bey's newest album.

Cameltoe Chariot

This track is... shockingly basic :partysick:

And as usual the Beyonce stans on GGD are trying to convince everyone that negative takes on Beyonce and her music are racist :partysick:

BehindTheAura12
Just now, Regina George said:

Sun broke the news about Gaga dropping SL before any other news outlet, Sun broke the news about MANY Dua releases, Sun broke the news about ABBAs new album and hologram concert, Sun broke the news about Britney’s book,…. It’s mind blowing how y’all still think they are unreliable but okay. Also I’m just stating that it was written in an article by a close source that actually ended up being real. Should we call people stupid/dumb because of saying she was inspired by someone? Not so kindness punk of y’all.. As for people saying she ripped off Gaga or Dua or whatever - they are straight up delusional and it’s not worth arguing with them. 

for every instance of the sun being right i can name 2 for them being way off. a broken clock is right twice a day 

also, nobody was calling them dumb? just expressing valid frustrations with the erasure of the origins of house music. also i’m not a kindness punk i like gaga but i don’t subscribe to every moral ideology of hers don’t apply that to me! and you say they’re not worth arguing with but i think they ARE because at the end of the day if people wouldn’t have commented about the real history/origins/inspirations of the bey song would more people know? you can argue that the people propagating that narrative don’t care either way, but i don’t think it’s a lost cause 

Archived