Dojo 19,823 Posted May 18, 2022 Author Share Posted May 18, 2022 6 minutes ago, CannaeDrive said: On the other hand what would be justified and rightful to do is to charge Monstrosities $1000 + each time they whine, complain or meltdown. and who would collect the money? Gaga? don't give her or her team more ideas! Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
WhiteWitch 720 Posted May 18, 2022 Share Posted May 18, 2022 It says the provider was billed $40 for a mental health screening. This is a flame bait post with little to react on. I want to see the “patient responsibility” section because I bet it was a copay since they clearly had insurance. Which means the insurance paid that, not her sister. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Fingerella 3,170 Posted May 18, 2022 Share Posted May 18, 2022 everyone should just leave america tbh. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
reysus 1,064 Posted May 18, 2022 Share Posted May 18, 2022 3 hours ago, InTheCloset said: If healthcare is expensive do doctors get paid a lot there? generally, yes. especially if you're in a specialized field (cardiologist, anesthesiologist). I think pediatricians make the least but they're definitely not struggling. It's the healthcare corporate execs and insurance companies that are responsible for most of the price gouging Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Dojo 19,823 Posted May 18, 2022 Author Share Posted May 18, 2022 41 minutes ago, WhiteWitch said: It says the provider was billed $40 for a mental health screening. This is a flame bait post with little to react on. I want to see the “patient responsibility” section because I bet it was a copay since they clearly had insurance. Which means the insurance paid that, not her sister. i copy pasted what the tweet says i am not american so i'm not versed in most things i am not flame baiting. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
bpmMonkey 7,887 Posted May 18, 2022 Share Posted May 18, 2022 Do you have to pay all the things that are listed there? When i get my medications i also see the market price with around 1500€ but then theres the other column with the price I have to pay, usually 5€… is there also another column here? saving people, hunting things - the family business Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
SharkmanthaC 115,339 Posted May 18, 2022 Share Posted May 18, 2022 Doesn’t compare to my $16k hospital bill I received last week. And that’s with insurance. she/her/hers Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Gabi001 2,470 Posted May 18, 2022 Share Posted May 18, 2022 Seeing this I'm realy glad I live in Europe with free healthcare I'm not having fun tonight. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
AsleepOnTheCeiling 7,049 Posted May 18, 2022 Share Posted May 18, 2022 1 hour ago, reysus said: generally, yes. especially if you're in a specialized field (cardiologist, anesthesiologist). I think pediatricians make the least but they're definitely not struggling. It's the healthcare corporate execs and insurance companies that are responsible for most of the price gouging But at the same time healthcare providers don't charge a standardized fee to insurance companies either. Their rates also depend on individual insurance companies. If they can make a deal with an insurance company, they bill for as much as a insurance company will cover. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
StarstruckIllusion 53,795 Posted May 18, 2022 Share Posted May 18, 2022 57 minutes ago, SamanthaC said: Doesn’t compare to my $16k hospital bill I received last week. And that’s with insurance. Oh girl try this vid: Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
StarstruckIllusion 53,795 Posted May 18, 2022 Share Posted May 18, 2022 6 hours ago, Frank Potion said: Chile... that stands for "Brief Emotional/Behavioral Assessment" They didn't charge her for crying it was a mental health screening Um?? The rest of these charges have nothing to do with mental health. Clearly they forced an assessment on her bc she was crying during her physical. They didn’t even address why she was crying. This is BS lmao Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Not The Real Gaga 7,599 Posted May 18, 2022 Share Posted May 18, 2022 1 hour ago, SamanthaC said: Doesn’t compare to my $16k hospital bill I received last week. And that’s with insurance. That's insane. I really don't get your healthcare system. Hopefully such bill won't bring you into any struggle Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
LaLa 19,934 Posted May 18, 2022 Share Posted May 18, 2022 thank god crying is free in Canada Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Economy 53,177 Posted May 18, 2022 Share Posted May 18, 2022 7 hours ago, Frank Potion said: Chile... that stands for "Brief Emotional/Behavioral Assessment" They didn't charge her for crying it was a mental health screening Tbh. I had a feeling when I saw this title that it was misleading. It makes it sound like it was some kind of a fine charged for her crying They charged because a service associated with that crying was given I'm not saying it isn't over priced or defending for profit healthcare before everyone comes at me. I'm simply saying what the title implies isn't what happened Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Featured Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.