Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
celeb

Kendrick writes about mother and sexual assault

Dennis

Featured Posts

Dennis

What a powerful song :bradley: This album is incredible. And kudos to Kendrick for breaking the "toxic masculinity" curse and opening up about his vulnerabilities and traumatic past. ALBUM OF THE YEAR!

InTheCloset

Havent heard this yet but sexual assault really affects you. I mean its been years and i still have so many issues with people because of it.

Its good of him to talk about it. Brings more exposure to the issue

Where's the spunk, Adam?

19 minutes ago, Dennis said:

ALBUM OF THE YEAR!

Seth Meyers Reaction GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Electronic Pop Music Producer 🎹🎸🎶

Lucas

Doesn't he "sing" some homophobic stuff on this album too? Saw some tweets about it

ItWasntLaauv

He also had a convicted r*pist on the album tho :cyanlights:

Doesn't take away from the fact that SA sucks nonetheless and he didn’t deserve to go through that.

Oriane

So I'm wondering if he's doing the same thing as Gaga, when she collabed with R Kelly as a way to deal with her trauma and realized years later how messed up it was.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

RabbitHeart
29 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Doesn't he "sing" some homophobic stuff on this album too? Saw some tweets about it

The lyrics are about him previously using the f-word from when he was younger jokingly/without understanding it's history. He talks about having queer family members and being confronted with the comparison that him using the f-word is like a white person using the n-word (specifically referencing a time on stage he called a white woman out for saying it). The controversy is that he actually says the f-word when talking about it.

Pennywise
1 hour ago, ItWasntLaauv said:

He also had a convicted r*pist on the album tho :cyanlights:

he WHAT :air:

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

PartySick
3 minutes ago, Pennywise said:

he WHAT :air:

Kodak Black (raped a teenage girl, Trump got him out of jail and he's been MAGA ever since). He's on the album I guess 'cause Kendrick is part of that "cancel cancel culture" movement.

At least that's what I gathered from yesterday's threads and tweets about it :oops:

Shut up, ningen 🩷

Bobina

I don't understand why he'd have kodack on the album. I'm a SA survivor too and that really puts me off from listening to his music anymore. It's really upsetting, I was a big fan...

@TMM90 wanna explain why you lmaod me? What's so funny about this? 

Meat

It’s brave of him to publicly come out and I hope he is in a better place now but adding a convicted rapist to the same album is just in poor taste. But somehow rappers always get away with this behaviour (Nicki Minaj being the biggest example)

Sneaky Oliver

Oh gosh for a sec I thought the thread would be about how he had committed Sexual Assault :messga: I’m glad it’s not. I think Kendrick is not like most of the rappers out there. He seems to be more intelligent and sensitive than most of his peers 

In the land of gods and monsters, I was an angel living in the Garden Of Eden

JRCF29

Very confused. What is the lyric that says he was sexually assaulted? The second verse of the linked song is about how he wasn't

Don't Call Me Gaga

NATAH
27 minutes ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

I think Kendrick is not like most of the rappers out there. He seems to be more intelligent and sensitive than most of his peers 

but still not smart enough to pick who he works with :yennefer:

mother, what must i do?

Teletubby
18 minutes ago, JRCF29 said:

Very confused. What is the lyric that says he was sexually assaulted? The second verse of the linked song is about how he wasn't

from Genius AnnotationKendrick’s mother was sexually assaulted and didn’t want him to suffer anything similar. 
so it wasn't him but his mother. unless I'm missing something ...

• PartySick changed the title to Kendrick writes about mother and sexual assault

Archived