Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
news

Lady Gaga: Hold My Hand, Out Now (Top Gun OST)

mamo

Featured Posts

Anderson123
1 hour ago, VasilisVas said:

Cover looks really nice but idk why people are raving about The font. I think the font looks really bad :bear:

Because they always have to complain about something. Wait til the song is out, little sound engineers are getting ready to say something about it's production. That's when they "blame" Bloodpop.

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply
monsterdino
5 hours ago, Free Bitch said:

Love this photo but what happened to her left arm (on the right of this photo)

is she part of the plane...giving btw flashbacks

LilyLark

It looks good...surprised it's not being released on a Thursday, tho.

Not surprised that some people are snarking on the comment...Gaga gets held to weird standards (tho I've noticed the internet vitriol went way, way down post Gucci and most of the internet loves her again...v. fickle) ...did people forget that nearly every singer makes some sort of artists statement in terms of albums/songs (and those statements are often very corny)? Also lol this is mild asf compared to stuff she said around Gucci, BTW, ARTPOP, TFM, or even Chromatica.

Original Diva

I'm getting very Joanne era vibes and I'm living!!! Such a great cover. I'm so excited

excuse me no

LilyLark
7 hours ago, Pennywise said:

Yaaaaaassss queen of the military industrial complex I guess :partysick:

LOL I love the original (caught it on TV like six or seven years ago) but yeah..I always felt a little bad for loving it because it's pretty much sucking the military industrial complex's d*ck. That said, I don't think most people pick up on the subtext (join the military) and instead are just like (oh, pilots are cool, homoeroticism).

pachinko
33 minutes ago, Original Diva said:

I'm getting very Joanne era vibes and I'm living!!! Such a great cover. I'm so excited

This is what Joanne should have been. 

sethrb101
8 hours ago, RichAssPiss said:

It sounds like this is a song built around a score motif that will recur in the film and that likely there will be a radio mix but also a number of moments where we hear the melody or vocal fragments within the score. Sort of like "Young & Beautiful" from Lana in The Great Gatsby. 

And like My Heart Will Go On! The same melody from the song appears throughout the score :tony:

#Gaga2020

SevenWonder

The Military Mom Brigade are everything. I think I like them even more than Soccer Moms. 

artpopulace
1 hour ago, LilyLark said:

It looks good...surprised it's not being released on a Thursday, tho.

Not surprised that some people are snarking on the comment...Gaga gets held to weird standards (tho I've noticed the internet vitriol went way, way down post Gucci and most of the internet loves her again...v. fickle) ...did people forget that nearly every singer makes some sort of artists statement in terms of albums/songs (and those statements are often very corny)? Also lol this is mild asf compared to stuff she said around Gucci, BTW, ARTPOP, TFM, or even Chromatica.

When Taylor and Adele do it with their albums, they are praised for their craft and hardwork. But when its Gaga, they suddenly crucify her? 

In line with that, I think she first finished it in early 2020 in time for the movie but updated it during the pandemic as she had more time. So four years.

the milky way is 𝓵𝓲𝓫𝓮𝓻𝓪𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰

Original Diva
56 minutes ago, pachinko said:

This is what Joanne should have been. 

No to me this more so fits the aesthetic that the fans thought the Chaos Angel (original lg6) era would look like

excuse me no

We are actually getting a new solo Gaga song after a long time :bradley:

Shallow's bestie is coming yall :woot:

I wanna see a Gaga and Tom Cruise interaction. Tom Cruise is really a passionate artist in his craft, and what he did in this movie was beyond! 

I am really curious how Top Gun actually landed Gaga. I have to imagine she's been requested for OSTs/themes since the start of her career, but she's only done a few and they're all pretty easily explain:

Fashion - Confessions of a Shopaholic (Early days, still getting her name out there)
Hello, Hello - Gnomeo and Juliet (Film only, a favor to Elton)
We're Doing a Sequel (A cameo, she's had a relationship with the Muppets brand but this is still the most random)
Til It Happens to You - The Hunting Ground (Documentary about rape on campus, a subject very resonant to Gaga)
A Star is Born OST

CannaeDrive

About that amazing cover, the plane in it is a P-51 Mustang, an American vintage WWII fighter, as shown here:

"Fame Is A Boomerang" - Maria Callas

6 minutes ago, agpuh said:

I am really curious how Top Gun actually landed Gaga. I have to imagine she's been requested for OSTs/themes since the start of her career, but she's only done a few and they're all pretty easily explain:

Fashion - Confessions of a Shopaholic (Early days, still getting her name out there)
Hello, Hello - Gnomeo and Juliet (Film only, a favor to Elton)
We're Doing a Sequel (A cameo, she's had a relationship with the Muppets brand but this is still the most random)
Til It Happens to You - The Hunting Ground (Documentary about rape on campus, a subject very resonant to Gaga)
A Star is Born OST

Gaga i feel is picky with these requests. She makes sure that it's not just for any movie, she's after the impact it will bring to the targeted audience of the movie, and that she relates to the message of the movie. Gaga also wants an authentic collaboration, so i feel that Tom(or some others from the movie team) was there along the way to give inputs. Gaga likes a fulfilling teamwork.

• mamo changed the title to Lady Gaga: Hold My Hand, Out Now (Top Gun OST)
  • River locked and unfeatured this topic

Archived