đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

JK Rowling Said "No Thanks" At Vladimir Putin's Support

RAMROD

Featured Posts

Stephen
Just now, elijahfan said:

When she'll flat out say she hates trans-people. Her view is that the law shouldn't be bent to the point where it's becoming detrimental to biological women - that's pretty different than saying trans-people should have no rights.

Wait a minute :toofunny:  I never said anything about her "hating" trans people. I'm talking about what she has said. Nothing more or less.

Now it sounds like you're trying to defend / rationalize her stance.

Just a minute ago you said:

44 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

I want to have faith in JK Rowling because I believe she has it in her to see that she's in the wrong

So which is it?

You agree it's wrong and hope she changes? Or you agree with her and you don't really care?

Starting to think it's the latter.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
elijahfan
2 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Wait a minute :toofunny:  I never said anything about her "hating" trans people. I'm talking about what she has said. Nothing more or less.

Now it sounds like you're trying to defend / rationalize her stance.

Just a minute ago you said:

So which is it?

You agree it's wrong and hope she changes? Or you agree with her and you don't really care?

Starting to think it's the latter.

What I'm doing is reminding people what she actually said, and I believe it's a flawed logic that I don't agree with. While I don't think she's a transphobe herself, actual bigots did find solace in her position and I feel like she's now perceived as part of this crowd by association.

Andrea B
1 hour ago, elijahfan said:

You'll never find a quote where I say I agree with her views. I'm merely saying that threatening to kill someone isn't the way to conduct a debate, and only comforts her in her views and makes the community look bad. If I want to have faith in JK Rowling because I believe she has it in her to see that she's in the wrong and has hurt a lot of people, that's my problem. If I must be stoned by the internet and be called disgusting because I refuse to gang up against this woman, then so be it. At least I've never threatened to kill anyone.

And now, about your personal attack: just like I know nothing about you, you know nothing about me, and making assumptions about total strangers online isn't a good look. I would suggest some of you here to be very careful with the words you are using, as I will absolutely not put up with this.

well, I didn't threaten to kill her either lol, you care more about an abuser than the opinions of trans pll, got it. 

Being a transphobe isn't a good look, have a great day and have fun putting up with the words I use.

I'm gonna mute you 

Andrea B

Transphobes care more about being accused of being transphobic than hurting trans people lol 

Stephen
27 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

What I'm doing is reminding people what she actually said, and I believe it's a flawed logic that I don't agree with. While I don't think she's a transphobe herself, actual bigots did find solace in her position and I feel like she's now perceived as part of this crowd by association.

I can understand where you're coming from. I think it's possible she, or anyone, can change in the future. But right here and now she IS sharing and promoting bigoted points of view. It is damaging and harmful.  :noparty: 

• PartySick locked this topic

Archived