đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why aren't all Stadium Tour stages designed like this?

Suspiria

Featured Posts

Suspiria

So looking at the Chromatica Ball floor plan, you can see that by having a conventional stage with a backdrop and only 1 viewable side, they cut off a very significant chunk of the stadium and therefore a huge number of ticket sales

1_TottenhamStadiumPNG.png

This is pretty standard for stadium tours, but I really don't understand why, when U2 and many others have shown that by changing the stage design to a central 360 design you can utilise the entire stadium.

20110630015925-U2-Fans-Converge-On-Montr

news_13july2010.jpg

Personally I'm not fussed. But I'm just confused as to why this type of stage layout isn't the norm when it could massively increase the number of sellable tickets?

Linus Gaga

nBnauAjNxgjM4gTN0MDZhRDNwEWZxgTMzMGO0cDZ

360 stage is very common for concerts in my hometown, and it's for arena 

Hit me a message and say hi !

I guess people just didn't think of it :awkney:

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

Dojo

because the shows would have to be kept very simplistic and minimal since there's no actual space for props

usually this type of stage fits more  for like bands or artists who just go there and sing without even a wardrobe change 

androiduser

Probably because artist like Gaga, Madonna etc need the standard setup because they need a bigger  backstage area for props, costume changes etc

Cruelty

So many reasons.

With an end-stage show, your whole audience is looking at the same thing, so it's much easier to sort out video screens, IMAG, lighting etc. Plus it's easier to build a roof from which you can hang all of this stuff, store props etc.

Also, historically, stages have always been at one end of the stadium, so if you're looking to rent staging that's what's usually cheap and available (the custom-made U2 stages were so expensive that the tour didn't break even for months). Plus, it gives you a backstage area where you can put props, do quick-changes etc. Plus, if you're performing centre-stage you have to keep turning round so the whole audience gets a good view of you during the performance.

A centre-stage configuration increases the number of tickets you can sell, but honestly why bother when you can just do it end-stage and push up the ticket price?

Suspiria
23 minutes ago, dojo said:

because the shows would have to be kept very simplistic and minimal since there's no actual space for props

usually this type of stage fits more  for like bands or artists who just go there and sing without even a wardrobe change 

23 minutes ago, androiduser said:

Probably because artist like Gaga, Madonna etc need the standard setup because they need a bigger  backstage area for props, costume changes etc

I guess in terms of the actual set design it would look more simple as there is no actual backdrop. But in terms of costume changes and props its not an issue as backstage and dressing rooms often already are under the stage rather than behind it

Suspiria
20 minutes ago, NeonSkeleton said:

So many reasons.

With an end-stage show, your whole audience is looking at the same thing, so it's much easier to sort out video screens, IMAG, lighting etc. Plus it's easier to build a roof from which you can hang all of this stuff, store props etc.

Also, historically, stages have always been at one end of the stadium, so if you're looking to rent staging that's what's usually cheap and available (the custom-made U2 stages were so expensive that the tour didn't break even for months). Plus, it gives you a backstage area where you can put props, do quick-changes etc. Plus, if you're performing centre-stage you have to keep turning round so the whole audience gets a good view of you during the performance.

A centre-stage configuration increases the number of tickets you can sell, but honestly why bother when you can just do it end-stage and push up the ticket price?

Well this makes sense, but obviously if this type of stage became the norm then the equipment would become cheaper. So I guess it'd just be a case of more artists initially taking the plunge and then it's cheaper for everyone else after.

Pop Music
4 minutes ago, Suspiria said:

Well this makes sense, but obviously if this type of stage became the norm then the equipment would become cheaper. So I guess it'd just be a case of more artists initially taking the plunge and then it's cheaper for everyone else after.

Taylor's Lover Fest was planned to be a heart shaped central stage with tons of celebrity guests performing in addition to Taylor, so that might have been a huge way to get that type of stage into the mainstream 

EGz2o7YUEAEjv0t?format=jpg&name=large

Gaga đź’ťTaylor đź’ťCarly Rae đź’ťRina đź’ťMARINA đź’ťBritneyđź’ťLights đź’ťShania đź’ťSigridđź’ť

Gagaism

There might be some technical reasons why isn’t done more often I believe. 
I’m going to see The Weeknd as well and I’m pretty excited about his stage set up 

7-F007-B74-CBC8-438-A-88-D5-D59-FF62-FA4

I feel like this way people by the field have the chance to see more of the artist and make its price worthy because usually field tickets are very expensive.

I got tickets on the field to Joanne Tour and I didn’t like it, I’m short so I struggled to see the stage. 

Taylor’s reputation tour was an amazing experience because she had the main stage and other 2 smaller through the field so she was flying over people to get in them and everybody got to see her. 

Gaga's shows require tons of props and the production team is huge which in turn require a huge backstage. 
This wouldn't be possible in circular setup. 
The loss in seats behind the stage is compensated by the huge floor where much more people can fit.

Also I'm sure the TC setup is not final, Gaga loves catwalks and smaller side stages to get closer to the audience.
She did it for both Artrave and Joanne tours.

Original Diva

From memory, Britney's Circus Tour had a stage in the centre of the arena/stadium and she had props and costumes of all sorts. I would have no idea if issues or anything arose with this setup as I am not that familiar with all that kind of detail, but I guess that proves its possible for a pop artist

excuse me no

Mother of Puppies

I believe this would be more difficult and confusing for the performer...I remember Gaga saying in 5 foot 2 that she'd be confused and has to focus more intensely because there is no backdrop.  She said that she'd be dizzy and the stage design before the Super Bowl was exactly like that.

Call me LADY MOP & I'll mop the floor with you 🧹

bionic
13 minutes ago, Original Diva said:

From memory, Britney's Circus Tour had a stage in the centre of the arena/stadium and she had props and costumes of all sorts. I would have no idea if issues or anything arose with this setup as I am not that familiar with all that kind of detail, but I guess that proves its possible for a pop artist

A lot of elements were suspended in the air throughout the show, which restricts what is available to you. It needs to be light enough to elevate, or small/flexible enough to store in the minimal under-stage areas. Remember that Britney had to be took to the stage each night from her dressing room in a box.

buy bionic

Archived