đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

"Diamond Heart" appreciation thread (Feb 22)

Inferno

Do you f*ck with the best track off Joanne?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Do you f*ck with the best track off Joanne?

• Yes!
    • No.
    • shes just okay?

Featured Posts

Inferno

Title says it all. 6 years later how does this track hold up for you? I personally feel it was the best example of how much better/more cohesive the album could have been if she owned the bar rock energy displayed here. It was lyrically personal while remaining relatable for listeners, her delivery goes hard and to me its the perfect glossy glitter stamp she intended to make on an americana influenced gaga sound.

Anderson123

Honestly I never liked it and still don't. :cyanlights: I know it's one of the favorites but idk never really cared about it. One of my least favorite parts of the whole album is that scream she does and the last chorus.

Volantits

If Joanne was more like this.... :firega: I wish more people knew about this song, would've made such a great video (even if it was just the Dive Bar tour footage) 

BiblicalS3NSE

I like it but there's something "missing" about it, it just didn't "hit" hard enough. Maybe the vocals or the arrangement needed more work. But overall the track is good, top 5 on Joanne! 

Matt. 6:10

VasilisVas

This song was slept on and it seems like people are still sleeping on it. This is literally the best song on the entire album and one of Gaga’s absolute best. 

djfreemymind

The bridge in this song tho! The build up! :firega:

And it sets the tone for the entire album

Master, play me your symphony; I will answer to anything. Take me on a trip,

BlingNotTheMusic
1 hour ago, BiblicalS3NSE said:

I like it but there's something "missing" about it, it just didn't "hit" hard enough. Maybe the vocals or the arrangement needed more work. But overall the track is good, top 5 on Joanne! 

This was my main criticism of Joanne as a whole. I love the album, but something about the instrumentation was off. Diamond Heart builds up to what you think is gonna be a chorus that blasts off, and it just kinda stays on one level. 

John Wayne (it's still one of my faves) does the same. The build up doesn't match the chorus. Ayo live being miles better than the album version.

Dancing in Circles is the only upbeat track on the album that I feel is the most consistent.

Still love Diamond Heart! Just my honest thoughts...

https://discord.xyz/hausofdelulu

Borisapillar

It's an AMAZING song and would be an absolutely incredible opener for a Broadway show about her life.

Yes! but my favorite it Sinner's Prayer. It's weird because I usually can't stand country music but I love Joanne

Massive Monster

What an entrance to the Joanne album. Perfect first track.

Some of her best vocals.

Diamond Heart succeeds where Perfect Illusion fails in my opinion. Because in DH the melody, lyrics and vocals are on point.

Kind regards

TheSlash

Probably gonna be dragged to hell and back for this, but I never vibed with this song. I acknowledge its existence, but mind me skipping right to A-Yo from time to time :classy: 

Ew, David!

enissa11

i love diamond heart but if the album was all songs similar to it or to perfect illusion it would've been boring, i don't get why people think that it is not cohesive, i love that every song on the album seems to belong to a different genre yet it's still within that americana western vibe, like you're turning on the local radio in the middle of a trip road in arizona or something lol, it's not my favourite type of music at all but it's still fun, enjoyable and engaging to listen to start to finish.

Mad Architect of Light

SevenWonder

My favorite song on Joanne and it's not really close. Should have been the lead single, if it had to be rock. It's more dynamic than PI, much better melodically, and kills it lyrically.

Archived