Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
music news

Kim Petras - Slut Pop (Behind The Scenes)

Joshua James

Featured Posts

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ALGAYDO
12 hours ago, nightadieu said:

Of all the artists mentioned, Doja is the only other artist that is legally obligated to work with him. All the other moneymakers like Dua Lipa, Katy Perry, Adele, Rihanna, The Weeknd etc. chose to work with him and his label. They’re not vocal about working with him but they do support him nonetheless even after the allegations against him surfaced.

Okay and if what you’re saying is true (I’ll have to look up the facts) then those artists should be called out as well. I never said that Kim was the ONLY artists that should be called out, but so far she’s the only one who’s made excuses for and praised him when asked about the Kesha accusations.  

nightadieu
1 hour ago, Jakkusan said:

I can’t believe how tone-deaf this girl is. We don’t care about the BTS of this r*pe EP. #FreeKesha

you might not care about it but clearly people do

Andrea B
On 2/20/2022 at 11:23 PM, Meruk Holland said:

Nonbinary is trans

I get what you mean but some nb people don't identify as trans, they exist. 

our modern definitions can't apply to everyone. :confused:

11 minutes ago, Andrea Nicole said:

Non-binary, genderfluid etc is all under the trans umbrella. 

Andrea B
6 minutes ago, Blake said:

Non-binary, genderfluid etc is all under the trans umbrella. 

I know... but nb ppl that don't identify as trans exist and we should respect them.

thats all im saying, I'm just pointing out that they exist and that they're valid u.u 

Meruk Holland
57 minutes ago, Andrea Nicole said:

Its to my understanding that this happens for a few possible reasons.

One is that they feel they do not meet the "requirements" to be trans, such as taking hormones, having affirming surgeries, or altering their social performativity. This mindset is likely caused, at least in part, by the distinctions people try to make between trans and nonbinary - that they are fundamentally different and separate. Another factor is they might not want to claim to an identity that implies they've had certain hardships or conditions like dysphoria, or that such an identity does not accurately represent them; for example, a specific nonbinary person has only had positive experiences with their nonbinary identity, and thus, feels they do not relate with the suffering of other trans people, so they must not really be trans. 

Another is that their identity as cis is still very important to them, and they want to hold on to it, despite being nonbinary. An example would be someone who feels nonbinary is accurate to their identity, but they still value their pride as a woman, for having to have grown up and be seen as a woman. These are just a couple possible explanations.

And I'm not saying the way they identify is invalid. If it causes distress to identify as trans, then it is in their best interest to not do so. However, from a broader standpoint, its more accurate to assume that a nonbinary person is trans as well. Because it doesn't matter what flavor of trans you are, defying your gender expectations, such as changing pronouns or outward performativity, overwhelmingly invites criticism, harassment, and violence. They'll be shown resistance or dismissal: "Its just a phase" "oh, you're just a special snowflake." The semantics of saying nonbinary is a trans identity is important because it lets us include them in conversations that are relevant to them on a grander scale. An individual identifying as nonbinary and cis is valid, but generally functionally identical to being nonbinary and trans. As such, in the case of an individual who has come out as nonbinary and has not voiced if they consider themselves trans or not are best assumed trans, since the harassment and scrutiny they experience is comparable to binary trans people. 

It'd be like saying bisexual people shouldn't be assumed of being part of the queer community because some bisexuals only act on romantic and sexual urges related to the opposite sex. Sure, their experience is valid if they'd say they were bisexual, but didn't consider themselves part of the LGBT+ community, because that's their lived experience, but that doesn't mean bisexuals shouldn't be semantically part of LGBT+ because their experiences are generally comparable to gay and lesbian experiences. 

Inferno
On 2/21/2022 at 2:39 PM, nightadieu said:

you might not care about it but clearly people do

Im sorry but you really need to take your stan goggles off, step back, and look at this situation objectively. From reading the thread its clear how much you deflect and reach for proof to victimize her but the fact of the matter is that of anyone thats worked with him she is literally the only one openly supportive and unapologetic about it. Regardless of whatever backtracking statements shes recently made, she continues to support him and WANTS to be contractually obligated to him. Her situation is not like Doja's who tries as hard as possible not to be associated with him beyond what is contractually obligated. That is a blatant difference you just conveniently gloss over. You have already made up your mind and likely won't change it just because im snarkily responding to everything ive seen you type in this thread especially about her being trans I mean you can be trans and be a sh*tty person....theyre just people with every capability of being nasty as you or I.....but..... I really can't. Its too aggravating. Moving on..:icega:

EDIT: NOT TO MENTION LUKE IS NOT ASSOCIATED WITH DONT START NOW. a simple google search will clarify that misconception like.... again lemme stop

LadyxGaGa

like this thread is so disappointing, it shows that people still are so quick to victim blame and deflect. like kim is

dumb and irrelevant her only reason this thread is going for as long as it is, is cuz she she a rape apologist

nightadieu
8 hours ago, Inferno said:

Im sorry but you really need to take your stan goggles off, step back, and look at this situation objectively. From reading the thread its clear how much you deflect and reach for proof to victimize her but the fact of the matter is that of anyone thats worked with him she is literally the only one openly supportive and unapologetic about it. Regardless of whatever backtracking statements shes recently made, she continues to support him and WANTS to be contractually obligated to him. Her situation is not like Doja's who tries as hard as possible not to be associated with him beyond what is contractually obligated. That is a blatant difference you just conveniently gloss over. You have already made up your mind and likely won't change it just because im snarkily responding to everything ive seen you type in this thread especially about her being trans I mean you can be trans and be a sh*tty person....theyre just people with every capability of being nasty as you or I.....but..... I really can't. Its too aggravating. Moving on..:icega:

EDIT: NOT TO MENTION LUKE IS NOT ASSOCIATED WITH DONT START NOW. a simple google search will clarify that misconception like.... again lemme stop

In a 2019 Interview, Kim stated that she doesn’t work with him as much as it seems and that his name is on everything she puts out due to her publishing deal. So in that Case very similar to what Doja has recently said. Yes, Kim has said things about the situation between Kesha and Luke that weren’t right. And yes, her recently signing to Amigo Records leaves a bitter taste. 

I would like to say that my only opinion on her being trans was that she’s an openly trans Popstar which is incredible for the community and will inspire so many people out there. I haven’t said that being trans means you can’t be a shitty person. 

As for Don’t Start Now, and it’s hard to word this without sounding passive aggressive because you were so confident that “a simple Google search clarified there’s no connection”, a simple Google search brings up many articles including the one from Variety which I’ll link below. Emily Warren, as with many hits, was heavily included in the songwriting process and is signed to Prescription Songs. 

A5250-A18-22-AB-4-A39-A791-7-F1-F9-D35-C

https://variety.com/2020/music/news/doja-cat-dua-lipa-arizona-zervas-inside-prescription-songs-1234846826/amp/ )

At this point I’m glad I have learnt different perspectives on the situation. Will I continue listening to her music? Sure. But I will also critically analyze every statement she makes about it in the future. 

Archived