Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
music news

Kim Petras - Slut Pop (Behind The Scenes)

Joshua James

Featured Posts

LadyxGaGa
1 hour ago, Julien Mayer said:

How can you assume she has the money and the power ? She even is not at the same power as bebe Rexha for example ... And bebe's struggling with her label or as another example Madison Beer's struggling tho

We don't know if an other label gave her a chance ? + She has a contract with him and even he's not the producer, he had to be credited on songs

cuz how does she not have any money, and she has the power. if she told her fans she was siding with kesha and leaving dr. luke so many people would congratulate her and there would b so many people that would wanna sign her. 

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ALGAYDO
5 hours ago, Julien Mayer said:

But they're not called out :huntyga: Kim is the only person who get and harassement from now, that's why I'm so confuse about it

If y'all wants to call out people who works with him, do it for ALL of the artists, Doja, Dua, Katy, Ava Max ... Not only for Kim 

They do call them out, the difference is that those people aren’t openly supporting him while working with him AND that they have contracts to uphold. They have contracts to that they are legally obligated to complete. Kim is not in that same category, she is not in the same boat as artists like Doja. 

It’s not about her being trans. It’s about her willingly supporting an abuser. If she wasn’t openly supporting rapists, she wouldn’t be getting called out. 

gumzy3000

All you people coming for a small trans artist but then listen to Doja Cats music. For the record, it is Doja Cat who is primarily paying Dr. Lukes bills. Literally some of her biggest songs like Need to Know, Juicy and Say So are produced by Dr Luke. 

I am going to support Kesha but I also realize the music industry needs a trans artist in the spotlight. It is damn time to make this happen. Trans people face so much hardship in life. I can not even imagine the transphobia, misogyny, and sexism Kim must face. What if Dr.Luke is her only chance of making it big? Perhaps he is actually supportive of her and we need to support Kim! 

trolly troll troll

TheOriginalOne
9 hours ago, KORG said:

People unsupportive because of Dr puke are coming from one angle but surely this creates a wokeness paradox.

Youre refusing to support a trans woman. Because of the actions of a cis man. So by unsupportive behaviour, you cause harm to a trans woman & the case man is so rich already he will not even care.

Are you a TERF? Free Kesha or Cancel Kim?

The conflict is gorgeous. 

I don’t get this logic at all. So are people transphobic if they don’t support republican/conservative Caitlyn Jenner? Is that also a “gorgeous paradox” for you? 

9 hours ago, KORG said:

People unsupportive because of Dr puke are coming from one angle but surely this creates a wokeness paradox.

Youre refusing to support a trans woman. Because of the actions of a cis man. So by unsupportive behaviour, you cause harm to a trans woman & the case man is so rich already he will not even care.

Are you a TERF? Free Kesha or Cancel Kim?

The conflict is gorgeous. 

Cancel Kim

Religion is a product to sell.

Meruk Holland

Just because someone is trans doesn't mean they are free from criticism and consequence. One can still be a vile and horrible person while also being trans. I'm not gonna blindly support an artist just because they are trans.

Especially because Kim isn't being criticized for her trans-ness, like Sam Smith and Demi Lovato were. 

nightadieu
1 hour ago, Meruk Holland said:

Just because someone is trans doesn't mean they are free from criticism and consequence. One can still be a vile and horrible person while also being trans. I'm not gonna blindly support an artist just because they are trans.

Especially because Kim isn't being criticized for her trans-ness, like Sam Smith and Demi Lovato were. 

Sam and Demi were criticized for being nonbinary, neither of them identifies as trans. 

2 hours ago, ALGAYDO said:

They do call them out, the difference is that those people aren’t openly supporting him while working with him AND that they have contracts to uphold. They have contracts to that they are legally obligated to complete. Kim is not in that same category, she is not in the same boat as artists like Doja. 

It’s not about her being trans. It’s about her willingly supporting an abuser. If she wasn’t openly supporting rapists, she wouldn’t be getting called out. 

Of all the artists mentioned, Doja is the only other artist that is legally obligated to work with him. All the other moneymakers like Dua Lipa, Katy Perry, Adele, Rihanna, The Weeknd etc. chose to work with him and his label. They’re not vocal about working with him but they do support him nonetheless even after the allegations against him surfaced.

On the other hand, I don’t know where you get your information from, but Kim literally is in the same boat as Doja since both are signed to him. Doja has a record deal, which means she can choose the producers to an extent whereas Kim has a publishing deal, meaning no matter who she works with behind the scenes, Luke will always be credited for her work. 

nightadieu
5 hours ago, LadyxGaGa said:

cuz how does she not have any money, and she has the power. if she told her fans she was siding with kesha and leaving dr. luke so many people would congratulate her and there would b so many people that would wanna sign her. 

On the social view, yes, people wouldn’t be so hard on her if she sided with Kesha, but it’s very naive to assume it would be so easy. She is still bound to her contract with him. In order to be able to get signed by another label she would have to go through a lawsuit herself. 

As per your “she has the money and power” statement: thanks for the laugh. Just to put this into perspective: in 2017, Kesha had a net worth of 30M$. She now down to 5M$. Kim Petras’ net worth is 5M$. She has 700k Followers. How on earth do you think she has the money and the power to survive a lawsuit against one of the most influential man in the music industry?

Meruk Holland
21 minutes ago, nightadieu said:

Sam and Demi were criticized for being nonbinary, neither of them identifies as trans. 

Nonbinary is trans

nightadieu
9 minutes ago, Meruk Holland said:

Nonbinary is trans

Not all trans people identify as nonbinary and the other way around. Sam and Demi both came out as nonbinary so it shouldn’t be assumed they identify as trans. 

Meruk Holland
3 minutes ago, nightadieu said:

Not all trans people identify as nonbinary and the other way around. Sam and Demi both came out as nonbinary so it shouldn’t be assumed they identify as trans. 

It can be assumed, because they are identifying as something other than their gender assigned at birth (i.e. trans).

nightadieu
2 minutes ago, Meruk Holland said:

It can be assumed, because they are identifying as something other than their gender assigned at birth (i.e. trans).

Totally agree, however both decided not to come out as trans, but as nonbinary specifically, so if you know better it’s best to respect that. 

Pennywise
6 minutes ago, Meruk Holland said:

You can be trans and binary. Nonbinary doesn't mean "something other than their gender assigned at birth". It means outside the binary understanding of gender. 

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

Meruk Holland
13 minutes ago, nightadieu said:

Totally agree, however both decided not to come out as trans, but as nonbinary specifically, so if you know better it’s best to respect that. 

There are likely PR reasons they chose specifically not to say trans when they came out as nonbinary, including but not limited to, not wanting to appear representative of trans communities, possible backlash from trying to equate nonbinary with trans, personal bias about identifying as trans. If they personally want to avoid being called trans, then they should say as much. Not saying one way or the other does not mean they don't identify as trans, it just means they're being specific. If it walks like a duck, and talks like a duck, and doesn't identify with its gender assigned at birth like a duck, etc.

Even if both of them said they don't personally identify as trans, then I'm still reluctant to not call it trans. In the same way someone might have bisexual attractions, but claim to be straight for any number of reasons, such as shame or convenience.

9 minutes ago, Pennywise said:

You can be trans and binary. Nonbinary doesn't mean "something other than their gender assigned at birth". It means outside the binary understanding of gender. 

Sure, but that's not what I'm arguing. Trans is not identifying with you gender assigned at birth. Meaning you can identify with the other binary gender, or you can identify as a nonbinary identity.

Archived