💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

What do the parents of pop stars think of their sexual work?

Chic

Featured Posts

PartySick
1 hour ago, Lucas said:

imagine Cynthia's reaction hearing "i wanna take a ride on your disco stick" :giggle: or singing about masturbation on an album dedicated to her ex husband's passed sister :laughga:

Joanne was about Gaga too :grr:

Her middle name is Joanne :grr:

Only the title track was about the actual Joanne, the rest of the album was about different facets of Gaga's life, personality, thoughts, and experiences :grr:

💚

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
enissa11
20 minutes ago, PartySick said:

Only the title track was about the actual Joanne, the rest of the album was about different facets of Gaga's life, personality, thoughts, and experiences :grr:

i see joanne as an alter ego of gaga, it's not a character as it is not external, it is still a part of her, the kind of person she would be if she would've never been famous and erasing the concept of fame from the equation, and then letting the spirit of her aunt joanne live through her, and what's the kind of life she would have, what's the kind of music she listen or make, that's what gaga captured in joanne.
Sexuality and masturbation it's an integral part in the life of an individual, i don't know why it is still seen as this taboo thing when it's present in works with more serous undertones or when there's family themes involved in the same project.

Mad Architect of Light

Oriane
28 minutes ago, PartySick said:

I lose braincells everytime I see someone on this site who genuinely thinks that the album is about Joanne just because it's called like that :laughga:

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

PartySick
15 minutes ago, enissa11 said:

i see joanne as an alter ego of gaga, it's not a character as it is not external, it is still a part of her, the kind of person she would be if she would've never been famous and erasing the concept of fame from the equation, and then letting the spirit of her aunt joanne live through her, and what's the kind of life she would have, what's the kind of music she listen or make, that's what gaga captured in joanne.
Sexuality and masturbation it's an integral part in the life of an individual, i don't know why it is still seen as this taboo thing when it's present in works with more serous undertones or when there's family themes involved in the same project.

That too but I'm not nearly as poetic to write something like this :neyde:

💚

PartySick
2 minutes ago, Oriane said:

I lose braincells everytime I see someone on this site who genuinely thinks that the album is about Joanne just because it's called like that :laughga:

If I had braincells to lose, I would too :vegas:

💚

Oriane
6 minutes ago, PartySick said:

If I had braincells to lose, I would too :vegas:

The effects of living too long in Florida :bradley:

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

Mother of Puppies

Katy certainly has had some issues with her parents who are/were both travelling ministers. I remember back in the day that she was sayin' this a lot of the times in interviews that she was raised very strictly. She wasn't allowed to listen to any Pop music... she wasn't allowed to go trick or treating and she had to call deviled eggs -> angel eggs. :bear:

She recently said in an interview that she is raising her daughter very differently, which I fully understand.

I don't think her parents liked it that much at the beginning that she has written & sung the lyrics "I kissed a girl and I liked it" :samanthac:

Call me LADY MOP & I'll mop the floor with you 🧹

2 hours ago, Lucas said:

imagine Cynthia's reaction hearing "i wanna take a ride on your disco stick" :giggle: or singing about masturbation on an album dedicated to her ex husband's passed sister :laughga:

Ex?! When did this happen?

I don't understand pineapples, so I don't eat bananas.

lavender blonde

I always wonder the same but about rappers' families. Imagine your son or grandson rapping for 99% of time about having sex with prostitutes, going to strip clubs, doing drugs and bragging about his **** size. I would die of embarrassment :nooo:

enissa11
2 hours ago, PartySick said:

It's true I fear :bradley:

i figured that moderating this site also left you without braincells to lose :ladyhaha:

Mad Architect of Light

StrawberryBlond

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks about this all the time. It's not just lyrics, it's outfits and risque videos, even revealing interviews. It's partly why I decided to give up on becoming a famous singer. I don't think I could express myself in a way that wouldn't embarrass me for my family to hear. And I don't just mean my parents, I mean my entire family. I've been one of the youngest for so long and have been raised to take on such an innocent role by them that the idea of singing about adult topics in songs makes me want to break out in hives. I truly don't get how singers do it. They can't all have been raised by freewheeling hippies who took on the cool parent role, right? Especially those who were raised in a religious country with a religious family. I hear songs like WAP and think, don't these people have anyone in their family who they wouldn't want hearing this? Especially the males? Because it's not like they can avoid it if it becomes a big hit and if your creative work is famous, it stands to reason that your family would think it weird if they didn't listen to it, even just once, especially your debut single and album.

I do know that Bebe Rexha's dad came out publicly to say that he hated how his daughter was expressing herself in music and outfits and that it was embarrassing him in his traditional small Albanian community, where he lives. But other than that, they tend to keep quiet. I think some of them flat-out don't listen to it. And let's not forget that plenty of singers are estranged from their parents. But it's like, don't you still have a family? I wouldn't want uncles, aunts, cousins, etc. listening to this. I'd fear even my friends would be embarrassed as who wants to hear about their platonic friend talk about, say, their private parts?

NYC Monster

Gaga's father was pissed when she first started gaining fame and refused to speak to her for months. He thought she was out of her mind 

zakariah
6 hours ago, Mother of Puppies said:

I don't think her parents liked it that much at the beginning that she has written & sung the lyrics "I kissed a girl and I liked it" :samanthac:

her mother still hates that song lol

• PartySick locked this topic

Archived