💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

Kim Petras - Slut Pop [EP]

Teletubby

Featured Posts

21 minutes ago, Grigio Guy said:

Truth is she actually had contracts lined up for her to sign. Even then, who would lose their morals/authenticity for a shot at fame? No good

Or maybe Dr Luke was the best contract to sign.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anderson123
1 hour ago, Lucas said:

Can we judge her though? She said as a trans woman if was very hard to find someone willing to sign her and that Dr Luke is the only one who gave her a chance so... idk

Before the fake woke come for me: I'm not defending Dr Luke in any way.

She was not a struggling artist though lol. She had plenty of offers and decided to sign to Dr. Luke's label. This comes from Aaron Joseph (his friend, main collaborator and co-writer) who introduced them.

PartySick

Where is the Gaga line? I'm not really interested in hearing anything from this album other than that :lolly:

💚

BleepBloop
3 minutes ago, PartySick said:

Where is the Gaga line? I'm not really interested in hearing anything from this album other than that :lolly:

I think it's in "Throat Goat" something along the lines of "throat like lady gaga" as in her throat game is the greatest of all time, I guess

PartySick
1 minute ago, Sneaky said:

I think it's in "Throat Goat" something along the lines of "throat like lady gaga" as in her throat game is the greatest of all time, I guess

...cool

Awkward Cardi B GIF by Saturday Night Live

I prefer Cake Like Lady Gaga but whatever throats your goat, I guess :gayhat:

💚

PawsUpJago

Glad to see me sharing my perspective on this as a sexual assault survivor was invalidated and deleted from this thread, that's actually quite upsetting I can't lie... 

@Admin I hate to go all Karen on this and am not passing blame at all to you, but I'd really like to know what happened here. 

3 hours ago, PawsUpJago said:

Glad to see me sharing my perspective on this as a sexual assault survivor was invalidated and deleted from this thread, that's actually quite upsetting I can't lie... 

@Admin I hate to go all Karen on this and am not passing blame at all to you, but I'd really like to know what happened here. 

@Admin Yes. Mind explaining why the post got deleted?

fragment-fragment--bul-uh...scab-uh..fragment-foot, bullet fragment foot bich!

11 hours ago, PawsUpJago said:

I'm not sure, I haven't been in this thread. How many posts did you make that were deleted and what do you mean by invalidated? Did someone respond to you?

PawsUpJago
14 minutes ago, Admin said:

I'm not sure, I haven't been in this thread. How many posts did you make that were deleted and what do you mean by invalidated? Did someone respond to you?

I just made a response to something user Yennefer Stark said, returned back here to see it was no where to be seen anymore after a few hours. I just didn't appreciate that someone would delete a valid comment I made, that to me felt like invalidation of what I had said and my perspective. 

Like it's not the end of the world, I do really love this site, I use it everyday but it has made me feel really disappointed to see what someone was simply trying to control a narrative when I contested a point someone made. Especially as I didn't say anything harmful for offensive. 

suchheights8
On 2/13/2022 at 3:23 PM, Yennefer Stark said:

You can’t separate the art from the artist if you are a survivor of sexual assault and Kim fully labeled Kesha a liar and actively choose to work with Dr. Luke and get managed by Britney’s old manager while also dropping Gaga’s name in a sexually explicit song. 

Disappointed by our community. 

okay that's your POV....there is literally zero use in making people see different perspectives on this site.  Most are so black and white on issues and not just Kim Petras. This site has become more and more toxic as the years have gone on. If we can't even support a queer trans artist who made mistakes and  will hopefully move and grow from them, then this isn't a community this is just a place for individuals to spread hate, uninformed comments and straight up fabrication of events. Tapping out from this site....it's been like a year since a I have been a thread where there isn't a troll. This was supposed to be a place of kindness - it's a gaga site for goodness sake. 

Maybe we shouldn't judge people when we don't know them, their lives and how their comments are taken out of context. Can anyone here imagine the pressure to be a public figure and try to make it in the over saturated music industry - the answer is NO. This goes for every artist that is sh** on this site - it's becoming sad. Do better admins

Mother of Puppies

It's better than I thought It'd be... the lyrics are... a choice certainly. :samanthac:  those are cheap sexy lyrics on purpose so it's kinda fun. Would be cool to get drunk and party to those songs. :stalkga:

Call me LADY MOP & I'll mop the floor with you 🧹

14 minutes ago, Mother of Puppies said:

It's better than I thought It'd be... the lyrics are... a choice certainly. :samanthac:  those are cheap sexy lyrics on purpose so it's kinda fun. Would be cool to get drunk and party to those songs. :stalkga:

bring your puppies and lets go!
this is SLUTPOP BRING YOUR PUPS OUT

✧ ✧ ✧

StrawberryBlond

I'm still fairly new to Kim's work and had only heard Turn Off The Light and her 2 most recent songs so had limited expectations but the titles alone were enough to draw me in out of curiosity. OH MY GOD, this is my new guilty pleasure. Not everyone knows that I'm a big fan of "trashy for the sake of being trashy" concepts like this and it provides a perfect playlist for my (roughly) bi-weekly moments of being on heat. This gives you EVERYTHING in just 16 minutes.

The instrumentals are club-ready, the lyrics are wild, fun and catchy and everything is perfectly condensed so they never outstay their welcome. The downsides are that it is a very cohesive sound to the point of being very samey track-to-track and the lyrics are extremely repetitive considering how short they are and almost all of them could definitely have been extended considering an EP can be as long as 25 minutes, I think? But its the perfect prelude to an upcoming album and is a great way for an artist to let loose. I like all the tracks with the exception of Superpower Bitch (just a bit too samey and the chorus a bit too basic) although it sure picks up at the end. The ultimate stand-outs are definitely Slut Pop (perfect intro to such a project), Treat Me Like A Slut (maybe the best track and solid party fare), They Wanna F**k (probably the catchiest track, though I'd switch the placement of 'Tokyo boys' and 'Christian boys' to keep the theme intact and end with a better line than "crazy boys") and Your Wish Is My Command (the track that could be a full-on single with a slight tweak to make it clean). It reminds me heavily of the music of Tila Tequila and Slayyyter, they're clearly a massive guide for this piece, maybe even some Myah Marie inspiration there too, so if you loved this, check them out too.

Is it trashy? Yes, that's the whole point! It's just a fun project to appeal to her fanbase who have been begging for this kinda thing and to allow Kim to push her boundaries. It's not for everyone and I don't blame people who don't like it. As for the Dr Luke thing, yeah, it's understandable why there are reservations over that but the morals behind the scenes are a topic for another day and I'm just purely talking about the music in this case. If you want a 00's throwback to be the setlist for feeling yourself and living your best life, this is your go-to. By the way, she's obviously only truly known in LGBT circles but this kinda stuff shouldn't be underestimated if it's marketed to a straight crowd as well, it always was for years. I'm a straight girl and I'm getting down to this like nobody's business!

sexy perfect loops GIF

On 2/11/2022 at 3:29 PM, Chic said:

Is it soulless? Partially, but that’s kinda the point. Kim obviously loves sex, but there’s nothing particularly emotional in the EP. That doesn’t make it meaningless. It has meaning in its approach to provocation.

The way of raspy, vocal fried singing is also a send-up to overtly sexy voices that p*rn stars put on, the whole thing is like a laundry list of what society regards as sexual and hitting every mark. I too, don't think that just because something is solely sexual doesn't necessarily make it meaningless. It can be done in a meaningless way if the artist had no passion or vision behind it and was just doing what they thought the public wanted from them but Kim seems to be doing this as a passion project that was all about what she wanted, so it seems meaningful in that sense. I remember Madonna once said something like because she made sexual music, she despised how some people thought that meant she was unintelligent, untalented and only made such music because she had nothing of interest to say or give to the world. It's like, some people just see music as a fun escape and it can be a complete departure from their real selves and it shouldn't reflect negatively on them as a person.

Archived